Login

russian armor

The long forgotten Soviet.

8 Nov 2015, 18:49 PM
Patrion 14

My tripwire once killed an ost sniper.

#TripWireConfirmedOP
8 Nov 2015, 18:52 PM

Still SU-85 is more cost effective than JgPz.IV considering OKW fuel penalty. 2xSU-85 will force JgPz.IV to retreat.

Sure, just let me sink 240 fuel on fragile TDs, miraculously find enough tanks to kill to get both of them to vet 3 while not dying due to not having fuel for anything else! That's totally worth the investment for soviets to have the AT power of one JP IV!

End line, soviet t4 needs buffs.
8 Nov 2015, 18:59 PM

I know non-doctrinal T85 would be cool, but relic said several times in there streams that the T85 will never be non-doctrinal.

remeber "There will be no heavy tanks for US"/"isn't sherman bulldozer heavy enough :luvCarrot: " - by lelic
8 Nov 2015, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 18:18 PMBurts
Soviets are arguably fine actually, for the most part.

What needs to be buffed for soviets

1. Penals
2. Penals
3. M3 slightly (maybe)
4. Penals
5. Penals
6. M-42 AT GUN

Maybe t-34/76 or su-85

But seriously relic plz buff penals:sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:

make penal the Soviet ostroopen, cheap doing almost no harm, blob to hell, throw some suicidal C4 :hansGASM:

must be awesome, BTW, replace the SVT40 with Mosin, lelic is definitely trolling with this great semi-auto rifle.
8 Nov 2015, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 18:52 PMHorasu

Sure, just let me sink 240 fuel on fragile TDs, miraculously find enough tanks to kill to get both of them to vet 3 while not dying due to not having fuel for anything else! That's totally worth the investment for soviets to have the AT power of one JP IV!

End line, soviet t4 needs buffs.

Why not? Double SU-85 able to stop any heavy tank in the game except JT. In large team games there is plenty of targets for your SU-85 so it is possible to get at least one of them to vet 3.

They are not fragile if used defensively, on max range (just as intended).

And it is not like you need to roll out both at once. In my 4v4 games I usually build first one, then build 2 Katys, then build second one.

If OKW player have built JgPz.IV as first vehicle - he will not get any other vehicle any time soon. You don't need to deal with it right away, just invest more into infantry and indirect fire units so you won't have to fight it.

By the way, I'm talking from 4v4 perspective. I don't think that for 4v4 format Soviet T4 needs buffs.
But I should admit that I don't see SU-85 in 1v1s.
8 Nov 2015, 19:23 PM

Why not? Double SU-85 able to stop any heavy tank in the game except JT. In large team games there is plenty of targets for your SU-85 so it is possible to get at least one of them to vet 3.

They are not fragile if used defensively, on max range (just as intended).

And it is not like you need to roll out both at once. In my 4v4 games I usually build first one, then build 2 Katys, then build second one.

If OKW player have built JgPz.IV as first vehicle - he will not get any other vehicle any time soon. You don't need to deal with it right away, just invest more into infantry and indirect fire units so you won't have to fight it.

By the way, I'm talking from 4v4 perspective. I don't think that for 4v4 format Soviet T4 needs buffs.
But I should admit that I don't see SU-85 in 1v1s.

Well, thanks for the honest advice, I guess, but I still stand by my opinion that t4 needs buffs. Right now I'm farming war spoils on pepperidge farm so I gave it a few more trials. In 10 or so battles, JP IV has never missed or bounced a shot, whereas an SU-85's performance would go something like this: Bounce... bounce... hit... bounce... miss... hit... miss... miss... It's seriously pathetic for an end-game, 120 fuel TD.
8 Nov 2015, 19:23 PM

Soviets design is a little wonky, but they are fine balance wise and Con heavy strategies with fast light vehicles are really fun.

The Soviets are the Zerg of CoH2, no doubt.
8 Nov 2015, 19:34 PM

Soviets design is a little wonky, but they are fine balance wise and Con heavy strategies with fast light vehicles are really fun.

The Soviets are the Zerg of CoH2, no doubt.

Fix that little Wonky is the purpose of this post,

nope, Zerg of COH2 is Ostheer w/ Ostruppen. :snfPeter:
8 Nov 2015, 19:36 PM

I still waiting for reworking vet1 of some tanks. Is2, t3485, t34 and so on. Compare to Wermacht vet1 abilities, soviets is very poor in this case.
8 Nov 2015, 19:44 PM

Capturing points with vehicles is so stupid. "lololol but capin point wit vehicle win game!!!!!!" Leave it on T-34/76s and T-70s.

Also trip mines are useful, but it doesn't have to be on every single god damn infantry unit. Keep it on Cons and Engineers.
8 Nov 2015, 19:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 19:34 PMUGBEAR

Fix that little Wonky is the purpose of this post,

nope, Zerg of COH2 is Ostheer w/ Ostruppen. :snfPeter:

8 Nov 2015, 19:49 PM

I agree with buffing underused units for all factions.

Penals, M-42, KV-1, Assgrens
8 Nov 2015, 20:55 PM

Thing is 'long forgotten' soviet still enjoys uniform 70% winrate in both 1vs 1 and 2 vs 2 modes,which is why no one is bothered.
Conscripts with vet are now much better,su-76,t70 overperform for cost.T-34 still struggling with timing.T-34/85,shocks,M4C sherman excellent.IS2 is ok .Katyusha is good but not OP.Su-85 overshadowed by su-76.Guards are good but not OP.Zis,mortar,sniper all good but not too good.
Bad units are KV-1,penals.Isu can get a pen buff.And maxim animation needs fix.

Overall soviet is surprisingly stable as a faction.
8 Nov 2015, 21:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sniper: vet0 flares. Give increased vision at vet1

Penals: better mid/long range profile (Guards mosin). Zeal. Give either CQC package (SVT + Flamer) or long range (DPs).

Su85: slight improvement on rotation/maneurability. Better vet1 ability.

T3476: better MGs. Slight less mp (-20)

Shocktroops/Guards/Penals: a better or different ve1 ability.

Guards: just remove the Guards dancing feature

Assault Guards (lend lease): Replace SVT + PPSH with Mosin Guard rifles and bolster zooks.

KV1: 100/160 more HP. Require tech.

M42: give it retreat and cammo. Damage to 100 or improve penetration.

KV8: AT gun to current M42 levels.

KV2: something something big buff

If i go with doctrinal abilities, well there's plenty to do

IL2: SLIGHT, i repeat, SLIGHT buff

SI: update to todays vehicles cost

NKVD: give it the commisar

Defensive: fusion of several abilities and give it something more. Make small mines into small batch of 4 mines.

Etc. Too long to continue.
8 Nov 2015, 21:57 PM

-snipadoodledoo-

das ist gut! +1
8 Nov 2015, 22:34 PM

Conscripts could have PPSH + Hit the Dirt! ability upgrade package as stock.
Replace PPSH upgrades with DP-28 upgrades in commanders and Hit The Dirt with ATG ambush or something

Penals could do with their weapon stats improving and should get some suppression and explosive resistance with vet, to fit their role as screening troops and mine field clearers. If this means nerfing Conscript survivabilty again then so be it. They'd be fine without DPs if they had better stats to begin with.

At the moment Conscripts can do the Penals job just as good, with access to Oorah! without needing to vet and Molotovs are just as good at scaring troops out of garrisons than Penal flamethrowers or satchels, + conscripts have AT grenades and Penals don't

I'm not trying to say that Penals should be no brainer replacements for conscripts, it's just that Penals don't really offer anything different to conscripts and Tier 1 is rarely ever needed.
8 Nov 2015, 22:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 17:57 PMUGBEAR

Su-85 is obsolete when the first T-34/85 rolls out from factory, its life is very short.

I think the brits are the most fun faction simplely because it has access to LMG and many potent late war tanks as non-doc. Not that rely on doctrine.

Then play brits. I like soviet faction and I think that factions should be different not the same so that everybody can choose the one that fits his playstyle. The fact you dont like said faction doesnt mean it should be changed. There are some commanders that need love though.
8 Nov 2015, 22:48 PM

Soviets are currently fine, perhaps some small buffs for the T-34/76, rest is fine
8 Nov 2015, 23:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 18:05 PMd0ggY

First off all. Tripwire so gud, 10 ammo for a whole dead squad ? + sight.

Vehicle capture point can win games, blitzkrieg save a tank. Fair Deal i think

No, I'm really confused here.
8 Nov 2015, 23:13 PM

Soviets are currently fine, perhaps some small buffs for the T-34/76, rest is fine

Still, T4 is not viable. A slight nerf to the SU-76, and a slight buff to the SU-85 would go a long way. SU-85s still get rekt by Jadgpanzer 4s 99% of the time.

As for the T-34/76s, I think a steadier penetration would help. Its penetration is 120/100/80, which leads to a lot of RNG decided situations. Make it the same as the Panzer IV's, 120/110/100.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 176
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak