Login

russian armor

King Tiger

PAGES (9)down
12 Nov 2015, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2015, 00:10 AMKatitof
KT dies to a frontloaded barrage of 300 muni, 310 fuel and 1000 menpower worth of pure end game tank destroyers and doesn't win? IMBALANCE RERIK!

Yes imbalance.That it dies is alright,but not in 3 seconds.Thats unbelievable for that costly a vehicle.Tulip is broken.
12 Nov 2015, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2015, 23:53 PM$nuffy

"THE best Tank in the whole game/the ultimate area denial tool/mobile fortress of a King Tiger" does in this video KT FTW !

Gosh, I would love to defend the KT in this thread. But when people are coming up with videos like these, in which two high end tank destroyers waste 300 ammo to kill a badly positioned KT, that has no support or vision, there are signs of utter failure from the Axis player.

I see way too many people sending their tanks fighting tank destroyers, losing the battle, then flaming that tank destroyers are OP against tanks.. Sigh.
12 Nov 2015, 12:15 PM

Gosh, I would love to defend the KT in this thread. But when people are coming up with videos like these, in which two high end tank destroyers waste 300 ammo to kill a badly positioned KT, that has no support or vision, there are signs of utter failure from the Axis player.

I see way too many people sending their tanks fighting tank destroyers, losing the battle, then flaming that tank destroyers are OP against tanks.. Sigh.

lol this, that KT video is a joke xD

if those are your skilss using a KT, then, yeah, it´s clearly UP and it should have 100 range and x2 his armor, so you don´t lose it.
12 Nov 2015, 16:51 PM

Tell that to the Croc that just 30 minutes ago drove up to 2 Paks and a StuG and annihilated both Paks within 10 seconds and could still escape the StuG with a third health left. For a moment there I thought I had a massed AT wall.

This is taken well out of context then. Since you should have had 2 TWP ready, and one stun shot ready from the Stug. Any of these would stop the guns firing and give the paks time to blast away. By the time the Croc makes its appearance you must have vet surely?

One TWP hit and the croc would have died because you would have eaten it up.

Even if the Croc was over perferming, that would never give the KT the right to over perform in its own way. The KT is a rare unit by design. It is still quite a show stopper when it gets fielded. Making your opponent invest heavily in AT and combine it all in one area of the map to stop you is a strategic advantage, exploit it.
12 Nov 2015, 16:53 PM

my mate and me just had a vet 5 kingtiger, we only used it to soak damage thought (30k), so i guess its viable in 2v2at noobelo
12 Nov 2015, 17:12 PM

Anything is viable at noobelo though :|
12 Nov 2015, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2015, 17:12 PMSwift
Anything is viable at noobelo though :|

ye but people keep reasoning with it. remember coh2 charts? not relevant because only top 150:foreveralone:
12 Nov 2015, 17:26 PM

This is taken well out of context then. Since you should have had 2 TWP ready, and one stun shot ready from the Stug. Any of these would stop the guns firing and give the paks time to blast away. By the time the Croc makes its appearance you must have vet surely?

Even if the Croc was over perferming, that would never give the KT the right to over perform in its own way. The KT is a rare unit by design. It is still quite a show stopper when it gets fielded. Making your opponent invest heavily in AT and combine it all in one area of the map to stop you is a strategic advantage, exploit it.
Are you seriously suggesting you are supposed to lose the game as Axis the moment you lose a vet Pak? You know that Paks are easy to kill and slow? Here is what happened: They were all burnt by the Croc beforehand. Melting through them in 5 secs.
12 Nov 2015, 23:16 PM
Patrion 28

Tell that to the Croc that just 30 minutes ago drove up to 2 Paks and a StuG and annihilated both Paks within 10 seconds and could still escape the StuG with a third health left. For a moment there I thought I had a massed AT wall.

aannndd the croc is not what i was talking about because the croc is not a stock chruchill.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2015, 23:53 PM$nuffy

sure Church is not OP in the context of the whole game, but you actually said it yourself - it's OP for a "medium" tank ! and there are exactly 3 + 1 hard counters for it in the whole Axis arsenal, and they're all doctrinal except the KT..

except that the chruchill is not a medium tank, it's a heavy tank. also, the JT counters the churchill hard
12 Nov 2015, 23:28 PM

except that the chruchill is not a medium tank, it's a heavy tank. also, the JT counters the churchill hard

A heavy tank, that is the price of a medium tank and requires a doctrine to counter. Great.
12 Nov 2015, 23:29 PM

Stop the whine about the churchills, they were more heavily armored than a Tiger
12 Nov 2015, 23:40 PM

Stop the whine about the churchills, they were more heavily armored than a Tiger

Tiger also had the best main gun of the war.Here 88 mm has 45 range lol.
12 Nov 2015, 23:40 PM

They'd probably be fine if grenade was removed. The ability to counter their counter is just poor design. Also the croc is still ridiculous and definitely still does more flame damage than the Hetzer, despite flame damage apparently bring "normalised". No other faction can be so frivolous without fear of punishment with their armour
12 Nov 2015, 23:51 PM

Crocodile price is broken.It shouldn't cost less than 200 fuel.
12 Nov 2015, 23:52 PM
Patrion 28

A heavy tank, that is the price of a medium tank and requires a doctrine to counter. Great.

first, it depends on how you define medium and heavy tank. the game considers the V and comet medium tanks and the kv-1/2/8 and churchill heavies. the kvs have 800 hp... so yes, technically the kv-1/2/8 and churchill are cheaper than medium tanks but certain medium tanks also cost more than heavies. if you talk about the standard, "t3" mediums though the most expensive is the pIV which is 125 fuel and so the churchill is actually 25 fuel more expensive. if you compare the churchill to the V/comet the ONLY advantage the churchill has over the other two is the health and regardless of whether or not it has that health the other two will beat it anyway. also, requiring a doctrine to counter the churchill is just you not being a good enough player; everyone get's the doctrines with the V and jpIV.

They'd probably be fine if grenade was removed. The ability to counter their counter is just poor design. Also the croc is still ridiculous and definitely still does more flame damage than the Hetzer, despite flame damage apparently bring "normalised". No other faction can be so frivolous without fear of punishment with their armour

AT guns counter the churchill hard as long as they stay out of range, which is why they have 60 range and the churchill has 40 range on the main gun and 10(?) on the grenande. you also have snares (mines as OKW and, ignoring tellers, pfausts as OKH) to keep the churchill away from your single AT gun that you really should have multiple of because one AT gun seldom counters anything by itself as pretty much any tank can drive through the ark from the front.
13 Nov 2015, 00:07 AM

Churchill vs AT gun is off topic. Churchill vs KT is slightly on topic. How the KT could be improved and if it should be improved is on topic. Stay on topic please.
13 Nov 2015, 00:23 AM

double post

We can argue all day but ultimately not agree because you seem to be a fan of the British and I find them frustrating to play against. Backing your arguments up with meaningless hyperbole doesn't make them stronger though. Sure I could have mines but it requires the Churchill to drive on them. I always have at least 2 AT guns but the Churchill hp pool means it can drive up to them and grenade without repercussion and survive.

Anyway the KT - often not worth it in 2v2 and under unless the game is practically already won, as it can be kited all day. Slight speed/range buff would be nice
13 Nov 2015, 02:51 AM

I think KT is fine as it is
13 Nov 2015, 02:52 AM

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS