should this be added?
Option Distribution Votes
58%
31%
12%
Total votes: 26
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Nov 2015, 20:25 PM

If it's possible to switch from "Classic Hotkeys" to "Grid Hotkeys", wouldn't it be possible to have an option to switch between WASD and the arrow keys?

Don't post about autohotkey, that's not a solution for something the game should've had from the start
4 Nov 2015, 20:33 PM

No, but not in the way you might think.

Full hotkey support in game is what we need.

People who suggest AHK should be very critical of Relic for NOT PUTTING IN BASIC, NECESSARY FEATURES like this. It's an affront to the customer.
In the meantime, until Relic fixes their shit, AHK is useful for those of us who want to put in the efffort.
4 Nov 2015, 20:53 PM
Patrion 14

Some keyboards come with drivers that allow you to make different profiles with different key configurations. This worked out fine for me. For some obscure reason, AHK is bugging on me...
4 Nov 2015, 20:54 PM

its 2015, everyone uses wasd now. Not even racing games use arrow keys anymore.
4 Nov 2015, 21:08 PM
Patrion 27

First of all, I abstained from voting because your answer choices are loaded.

Of course Relic should have implemented hotkeys YEARS ago but in the meantime why not just use your middle mouse button to move the camera...? I remapped it to a mouse thumb button to make it even easier.
4 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM

Do you guys know the key bindings are probably hardcoded in the engine? You all yell for hotkey support, but do you even know what kind of shitstorm stands between Lelic and the solution? I know, 'they are developers, they should have done it already' but from what I know Essence Engine 3 is a massive clusterfuck.

Let's let Lelic fix the optimization, it'd be a miracle already.
4 Nov 2015, 22:05 PM

Do you guys know the key bindings are probably hardcoded in the engine? You all yell for hotkey support, but do you even know what kind of shitstorm stands between Lelic and the solution? I know, 'they are developers, they should have done it already' but from what I know Essence Engine 3 is a massive clusterfuck.

Let's let Lelic fix the optimization, it'd be a miracle already.

Then they should put in the time and effort to make CoH2's implementation with Essence Engine 3 not such an orgy of bad coding. Unless, of course, that's so impossible and it's so messed up that it'd delay everything by a half a year or more.
Then again, the other benefits from a modular and properly refined engine are endless, and so much functionality could be more easily put in with less time. I think it'd be worth it in the end.
Especially for the modding community.
#NoMoreBandaids
4 Nov 2015, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 20:54 PMUnited
its 2015, everyone uses wasd now. Not even racing games use arrow keys anymore.

Except RTS... I dont remember the last time I played an RTS with WASD.
4 Nov 2015, 22:23 PM

Except RTS... I dont remember the last time I played an RTS with WASD.

:loco: I don't know about you, but I find it very uncomfortable to play with the arrow keys
4 Nov 2015, 22:29 PM

Keymapping pls
4 Nov 2015, 22:40 PM

It also bugs me how abilities such as vehicle snares use different hotkeys for each faction: E for Cons, F for Grens and N for Rifles. :S
4 Nov 2015, 22:49 PM

First of all, I abstained from voting because your answer choices are loaded.

Of course Relic should have implemented hotkeys YEARS ago but in the meantime why not just use your middle mouse button to move the camera...? I remapped it to a mouse thumb button to make it even easier.

I guess my problem is I'm an FPS player at heart and my control scheme reflects that. Unfortunately that also means my mouse ends up doing 90% of the workload. If I could use Mouse4 to move the camera and Mouse5 to 'jump' to recent notifications, and get used to that, I'd be able to improve my reaction times.
5 Nov 2015, 06:22 AM
Patrion 27

I guess my problem is I'm an FPS player at heart and my control scheme reflects that. Unfortunately that also means my mouse ends up doing 90% of the workload. If I could use Mouse4 to move the camera and Mouse5 to 'jump' to recent notifications, and get used to that, I'd be able to improve my reaction times.

Try it. With camera drag on my thumb button I don't even use middle mouse. This way you don't have to take your index finger off of mouse 1 to move the camera.
5 Nov 2015, 08:35 AM

Try it. With camera drag on my thumb button I don't even use middle mouse. This way you don't have to take your index finger off of mouse 1 to move the camera.

I would if I could, but you can't rebind keys!
5 Nov 2015, 09:54 AM

The hotkeys are awful. It seems like someone was just throwing shit at a keyboard and whatever button they hit it became the hotkey.

Seriously, how has there been no key mapping since 2006? Relic staff must love the letter "T".
5 Nov 2015, 09:58 AM

I would like to see in the game a combination of the two buttons in MMO, shift + key
5 Nov 2015, 10:18 AM

Buy a gaming keyboard. Problem solved.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 80
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %