Login

russian armor

Petition to give OKW a non-doctrinal MG

PAGES (8)down
4 Nov 2015, 09:10 AM

Still, I don't understand why OKW MG34 need to be non-doctrinal. You want to use it while still be able to call Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger and Sturm officer?

Otherwise, it's in two of all current OKW doctrines right now(which is 7). Why not choose it?
4 Nov 2015, 09:14 AM
Donator 22

FlakHT
Non-doc MG34
Kubel
Lugs
Obersoldaten
ISG
Tier4

Not enough? :loco:

Obersoldaten suppress inf at vet4
Luchs suppress inf at vet5
Tier4 are you serious? We are talking about a mobile suppression platform
kubel yeah usefull within the first 5 minutes
ISG and FlakHT you got me :romeoPro:

conclusion: a non doctrinal MG are welcome imo
4 Nov 2015, 09:15 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Still, I don't understand why OKW MG34 need to be non-doctrinal. You want to use it while still be able to call Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger and Sturm officer?

Otherwise, it's in two of all current OKW doctrines right now(which is 7). Why not choose it?

But what does the MG34 have to do with a Jagdtiger or a Sturmtiger?

The Festung Commander is basically useless except for the case you are facing a Pershing-Commander in 1v1 because the Pak43 won't be bothered by indirect fire. The Luftwaffe Commander is solid.
4 Nov 2015, 09:15 AM

That's because they had 3 minute armored cars that chewed rifle squads apart. And yeah, they did have a MG platform, it was the scout cars that could lock down and prevent territory capture.

1. Armoured cars didn't come that fast although they came fast, but it kinda had the same place the Luchs has, only more squishy, less HP, could be damaged by small arms and comes earlier.
2. Scout cars AFAIK didn't really suppress anyone. They were relatively combat ineffective. A rifle squad with stickies can easily take it out anyway.
4 Nov 2015, 09:18 AM

Obersoldaten suppress inf at vet4
Luchs suppress inf at vet5
Tier4 are you serious? We are talking about a mobile suppression platform
kubel yeah usefull within the first 5 minutes
ISG and FlakHT you got me :romeoPro:

conclusion: a non doctrinal MG are welcome imo

T4 are you serious?
The range on this thing is absolutely sick and it suppresses everything that comes near it. Yes I'm serious. Is it mobile? No. What is mobile? A kubel.
Valid in the first 5 mins? Try and use your kubel a bit more carefully then.
4 Nov 2015, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 09:15 AMhubewa

1. Armoured cars didn't come that fast although they came fast, but it kinda had the same place the Luchs has, only more squishy, less HP, could be damaged by small arms and comes earlier.
2. Scout cars AFAIK didn't really suppress anyone. They were relatively combat ineffective. A rifle squad with stickies can easily take it out anyway.

That's like saying a rifle squad with nades easy take out MG's anyway so what's the issue giving OKW a MG? And yes, the scout cars in vcoh did suppress when it was locked down, it just took multiple bursts.
4 Nov 2015, 09:26 AM

Why is people afraid of MG34 anyway? It's the most meh HMG in game! And what's the connection between JagdTiger, Sturmtiger, Sturm Officer and the Mg34? You lost me on that one.
4 Nov 2015, 09:30 AM

That's like saying a rifle squad with nades easy take out MG's anyway so what's the issue giving OKW a MG? And yes, the scout cars in vcoh did suppress when it was locked down, it just took multiple bursts.

You can easily take out a scout car in the bursts taken to suppress riflemen.

My point wasn't about efficiency of units anyway, it was a solid suppression platform which PE seriously lacked, and they still did fine.

The only suppresion platform I know PE had was the G43s, but that was an ability which costed muni, so it was something you had to actively choose that has consequences, unlike the MG34

Why is people afraid of MG34 anyway? It's the most meh HMG in game! And what's the connection between JagdTiger, Sturmtiger, Sturm Officer and the Mg34? You lost me on that one.

My problem is that it breaks the theme of OKW anyway, or whatevers left of it.

By having too many generalist units, you end up turning OKW into OstheerV2 with trucks. And any HMG OKW gets where the player can brainlessly pick it without consequences is generalist in my book.

EDIT: I didn't say so publicly at the time, because I stopped playing CoH2 at the time then, but yeah, I don't like Sturmtiger being switched out for Pz 4 J - it took options out of OKW.

And no, I'm not too happy with all the nerfs OKW ate either.
4 Nov 2015, 09:32 AM

Rather brainless HMG than Brainless rifleblob.

I am all for MG-34 or 42 given to OKW without doctrine.
4 Nov 2015, 09:35 AM

Permanently Banned
Where is the petition? :wub:
4 Nov 2015, 09:36 AM

Rather brainless HMG than Brainless rifleblob.

I am all for MG-34 or 42 given to OKW without doctrine.

I think it should be fixed by buffing main line OKW infantry instead, or maybe make Volks vs Rifle engagements equal to start with similar to VCoH until Rifles get BARs.
4 Nov 2015, 09:41 AM

Lets give USF dodge truck in T0 as well, because reasons.

Thats why.

Unit is not supposed to be part of core army and it shouldn't be there.
If someone is so desperate for HMG, then either pick the doctrine with it or play Ost.

Each army lacks something, some have it in the doctrines, but there isn't reason why it should be made stock, no matter how many people cry or scream for it.

Especially since OKW already have early game suppression platform and don't need it for late game because they have multiple units with suppression capabilities already.
4 Nov 2015, 09:43 AM

Why would a t0 mg be imbalanced? Ostheer already has this, and it's not imbalanced. Further, it's already a doctrinal option at 1 cp so it's clearly not imbalanced now. The only thing would change if MG's are not doctrinal is that players don't have to choose between call in infantry and mgs.

Why would this necessitate a t0 mortar? USF can already handle OST which has a t0 mg, and there's no major imbalance in that matchup. I would recommend giving OKW a try at this point.

Does Ostheer have a Pak40 and schreks in T0 or even T1? How does USF reliably counter MGs?

Think about it man..

I'm fine with the MG34 being doctrinal. A T0 mortar would be needed because it would be nearly impossible to break MG spam with schrek volks and doctrinal infantry milling around them. Otherwise USF would have to always tech captain and build multiple expensive Howies to have some kind of chance. The game would already be over by then.
4 Nov 2015, 09:47 AM

Lets give USF dodge truck in T0 as well, because reasons.

Thats why.

Unit is not supposed to be part of core army and it shouldn't be there.
If someone is so desperate for HMG, then either pick the doctrine with it or play Ost.

Each army lacks something, some have it in the doctrines, but there isn't reason why it should be made stock, no matter how many people cry or scream for it.

Especially since OKW already have early game suppression platform and don't need it for late game because they have multiple units with suppression capabilities already.

For once I agree with Katitof :P

And Pigs do fly :P

OKW needs other fixes, its infantry needs to be buffed, it doesnt really need an MG34 tho...
4 Nov 2015, 09:47 AM
Donator 22

T4 are you serious?
The range on this thing is absolutely sick and it suppresses everything that comes near it. Yes I'm serious. Is it mobile? No. What is mobile? A kubel.
Valid in the first 5 mins? Try and use your kubel a bit more carefully then.

because you can move the T4 building from spot to spot, where you need suppression :foreveralone:
this thread is about a non doctrinal, mobile MG to suppress inf, blobs on the front.
And even if you micro your kubel and use it carefully, it dies between the early and mid game anyway.(pathing, focus fire etc.)
4 Nov 2015, 10:06 AM

because you can move the T4 building from spot to spot, where you need suppression :foreveralone:
this thread is about a non doctrinal, mobile MG to suppress inf, blobs on the front.
And even if you micro your kubel and use it carefully, it dies between the early and mid game anyway.(pathing, focus fire etc.)

People are so fixated on ISG that they completely forgot what AA HT can do. :foreveralone:
JLI
4 Nov 2015, 10:11 AM

the most meh hmg in the game is the maxim
4 Nov 2015, 10:13 AM

But what does the MG34 have to do with a Jagdtiger or a Sturmtiger?

The Festung Commander is basically useless except for the case you are facing a Pershing-Commander in 1v1 because the Pak43 won't be bothered by indirect fire. The Luftwaffe Commander is solid.

You don't need Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger or Sturm Officer, right? So you can choose Defensive Doctrine or Luftwaffe and get MG34. Problem solved!
JLI
4 Nov 2015, 10:13 AM

this is like making m10 non-doc

u will see m10, m36 and ez8..

people will open the game with just mg34 waiting for panzerfussilier bc volks are bad
4 Nov 2015, 10:19 AM

Signed but i doubt it will solve problems,OKW is inherently broken and mg-34 is a shit mg.Once allied inf gain vet ur mg34 will be shooting popcorn.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS