Login

russian armor

Axis team game strategy

6 Nov 2015, 14:01 PM

:thumbsup:

That's obvious downside of obers (unlike LeIGs, for example).
Explains why so many players have stopped using them .

They all switched to riflemen.:snfPeter:
6 Nov 2015, 14:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 13:51 PMATCF

Nobody will expect M3´s or 222´s, 20mins to the game (Clearly AI knows something we dont)

Sadly percentage of players that play worse than AI is bigger than you would expect. AI has damn stupid builds but at least it doesnt float or forget about units it build.
6 Nov 2015, 15:51 PM

Permanently Banned

:snfPeter:

I know you know the feeling :luvDerp:

We all know you do champ
10 Nov 2015, 07:30 AM

well I see that my legitimate thread has a few cases of troll and l2p comments. Why do you "certain" people feel the need to do that so much? Anyway after experimenting for a while I've determined that axis random in 3v3,4v4, and 2v2 is an absolute nightmare. AT all day or you get rolled early on, or in the few instances late game was there, and not a one sided fight, idiots throw away wins by running kts into def lines (on the far right of the map when we own the left and center only(lanzerath)) with 1-2 units as back up and cry for help calling everyone a-holes and noobs (real winner that guy.

I also find that when brits are not in the equation things have a much higher chance of success and I can't even pinpoint where the exact issue is there.
10 Nov 2015, 11:36 AM

STUG meta. Seriously, get one as soon as you can and sit it back from your infantry a bit. It pays dividends all game (I usually go for 2 now).

Just ignore OKW until they get rebalanced.
10 Nov 2015, 11:48 AM

STUG meta. Seriously, get one as soon as you can and sit it back from your infantry a bit. It pays dividends all game (I usually go for 2 now).

Just ignore OKW until they get rebalanced.

This.
10 Nov 2015, 13:26 PM

When I play Soviets and find out that Wehrmacht opponent invested into StuG(s) I feel relief. It means that I don't have to worry about AI vehicles any time soon and deal with those pesky StuGs later using SU-85, which just outrange them.
10 Nov 2015, 15:10 PM

I find that the Allies also laugh when I get an ostwind or attempt to do anything with a p4 but be defensive after the first two mins of it being out.
10 Nov 2015, 16:19 PM

When I play Soviets and find out that Wehrmacht opponent invested into StuG(s) I feel relief. It means that I don't have to worry about AI vehicles any time soon and deal with those pesky StuGs later using SU-85, which just outrange them.

Forcing you to build T4 is reward enough.
10 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM

The range difference is of less importance because in larger games there are many ways to make max range battles impossible. Stugs are still one of the best TD's in the game.

OKW in combination with Wehr is still quite powerful in teamgames. They can flood the field with volks, and their Schwer will look out large sections of the map quickly. This allows you and your teammate to up suppression units into a narrower area. OKW still fields the ISG, which is still extremely potent, and its stuka is an awesome support unit. The Breakthrough doc is, I think, the best doc for larger team games right now.

All OKW games can be painful, since you can secure areas early and then proceed to lose from then on to Brit player late game.
10 Nov 2015, 22:04 PM

"invest" - a stug is 90 fuel. Teching to t4 for an su85 is much more of an investment
11 Nov 2015, 05:09 AM

Forcing you to build T4 is reward enough.

"invest" - a stug is 90 fuel. Teching to t4 for an su85 is much more of an investment

It's not like I've been forced. I tech T4 anyway for Katys. And for SU-85s.

11 Nov 2015, 06:17 AM
Patrion 14

hold out for panzerwerfer and ele or jt.

by "teams", i am assuming Arranged Teams?
11 Nov 2015, 07:09 AM
Donator 11

If you can cooperate in 4vs4, then collect an armored force and scout a weak spot where the enemy does not have AT-guns and mines, and hit the enemy with all armored vehicles and tanks together and drive through the lines. Do not stop! Prepare some squads to repair the tanks that needs repairs, but continue the push with the main force until the enemies are pushed back to their bases. Get the points on the map with the infantry that follows the attack.
11 Nov 2015, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2015, 06:17 AMpigsoup
hold out for panzerwerfer and ele or jt.

by "teams", i am assuming Arranged Teams?

I quickly learned after about 8 games that anything but AT with axis currently is rolling loaded dice. Now I get at least a buddy or two. 2v2 it doesn't seem that bad on rolling good mates.
11 Nov 2015, 12:31 PM

There is only one rule: Do not play Axis 2v2 this patch.

I went to play Allies to look whether others could beat me. Went on a 15 streak only to get finally beaten because my random teammate was on the toilet until 3 minutes into the match.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 67
United States 9
United Kingdom 194
United States 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %