Login

russian armor

ISG counters?

1 Nov 2015, 20:52 PM

is there any logical or TRUE counter against the ISG?? when you play USF,USSR,Brits?

since they got their supression i cant handle this damn thing in any way,they shut down ANY PLAY and once the flak base of OKW setups i cant even reach it with armor,literally i cant enjoy the game any more when this thing exists.

i tried counter arty at it and doesnt work(my units get supressed and then pinned and when they dont the ISG gets reinforced by the med stasion of it takes damage/loses)
i tried armor rush which is so risky but doesnt work since a flak base will already be up once by the time i bring armor (light armor is just me hoping the enemy doesnt have AT)
i tried late tier arty units(katyushas,m8a1)(both fail to decrew the ISG duo to low range or cooldown on barrage)
i tried flanking(gets shut down by ISG themselves and their supporting units and then by Flak base)

so i wanna ask the COH 2 community if there is any viable counter that works at stoping these units since i myself cant find any

atleast with MGs you can flank them,kill them with arty or something and dont have that long range but the ISG has more range then a mortar pit.
1 Nov 2015, 21:04 PM

Well I get 120s as soviet and seem to work, as USF howie and as Brits Centaur ;).

What game mode are you talking about? Sounds like a 2v2 or up...
1 Nov 2015, 21:09 PM

Well I get 120s as soviet and seem to work, as USF howie and as Brits Centaur ;).

What game mode are you talking about? Sounds like a 2v2 or up...

1sv1 and up

120mm dont work for me in any way,they either get supressed or killed and if they do damage it isnt major

USF Howitzer is more luck then actual counter and as said it doesnt work(it either gets supressed or wiped),it is also inaccurate

Brit centaur is risky and cant pay off lately(people learned to adapt + it got hard nerfed)

1 Nov 2015, 21:14 PM

Capture Walking Stuka, Partysans
1 Nov 2015, 21:15 PM

your doin many things wrong if you even struggle with pack howi to counter the, already nerfed, ISG's.

I saw many games when good coordinated units combined with the 120mm mortar dominated the indirect fire.

best thing is to show us a replay to figure out whats the real problem, cuz i guess its NOT the ISG at itself. In comparison with the usf pack howi ISG is rubbish now.

edit.: you even tried and failed with a katjusha? lolz
1 Nov 2015, 21:18 PM

Capture Walking Stuka, Partysans

partysans eh :megusta:

will try it
1 Nov 2015, 21:23 PM

You have to be mobile with the 120 and howie. Now that there is no auto rotate you can dodge it more easily. What I mean is use houses or any other cover for protection, don't set up on open areas. If you see he/she targets your 120/howei move to the side right away or if pinned retreat. I know is little more micro intensive but can work. Also if he/she is targeting your "counter" that mean your infantry can move on the flanks. Other thing you can try is first use smoke barrage if with 120 then attack it with attack ground, unless he orders attack ground the ISG wont fire. So that can give you little advantage to flank or reposition your units.

Don't forget smoke is your best friend in this game.
1 Nov 2015, 21:23 PM

your doin many things wrong if you even struggle with pack howi to counter the, already nerfed, ISG's.

I saw many games when good coordinated units combined with the 120mm mortar dominated the indirect fire.

best thing is to show us a replay to figure out whats the real problem, cuz i guess its NOT the ISG at itself. In comparison with the usf pack howi ISG is rubbish now.

edit.: you even tried and failed with a katjusha? lolz

yep katyushas really dont help me much(come late,expencive and have long cooldown)

also ISG wasnt changed much,only now like the pack you must position it manually
1 Nov 2015, 21:29 PM

You have to be mobile with the 120 and howie. Now that there is no auto rotate you can dodge it more easily. What I mean is use houses or any other cover for protection, don't set up on open areas. If you see he/she targets your 120/howei move to the side right away or if pinned retreat. I know is little more micro intensive but can work. Also if he/she is targeting your "counter" that mean your infantry can move on the flanks. Other thing you can try is first use smoke barrage if with 120 then attack it with attack ground, unless he orders attack ground the ISG wont fire. So that can give you little advantage to flank or reposition your units.

Don't forget smoke is your best friend in this game.

i will try to use alot more the 120mm as counter but the PACK doesnt work so i wont bother much with it.

is there any specific commander with the 120mm mortar you can recommend me?
1 Nov 2015, 21:42 PM

i will try to use alot more the 120mm as counter but the PACK doesnt work so i wont bother much with it.

is there any specific commander with the 120mm mortar you can recommend me?

Soviet Shock Army

Guard Motor Coordination Tactics

I believe they are both stock commanders so you don't have to buy them.
1 Nov 2015, 21:44 PM

actually the suspression was nerfed too which is the downside compared to the pack howi. Get hitted by howi: Go the fuck down, you are pinned! Get hitted by ISG is not even close as painful as by the Pack howi

thats how it is
1 Nov 2015, 22:01 PM
Donator 11

Maybe a change to the shwerHQ could help allies counter ISG spam.

half the time the leave them next to a (essentaly) a suppression tank, making it hard to counter isg's as you cant counter them until you get late game armor
1 Nov 2015, 22:03 PM

Its like snipers, it's designed to beat, not to be beaten Kappa
Hat
2 Nov 2015, 04:03 AM

actually the suspression was nerfed too which is the downside compared to the pack howi. Get hitted by howi: Go the fuck down, you are pinned! Get hitted by ISG is not even close as painful as by the Pack howi

thats how it is

Nope. They were both nerfed.
2 Nov 2015, 04:59 AM
Donator 11

Royal Artillery Regiment with anvil. an almost 100% chance to destroy the gun with airburst shells and you can fire it into fog of war.

Severely underrated commander.
aaa
2 Nov 2015, 05:13 AM

Leig is still best mortar in game by far.
2 Nov 2015, 05:20 AM

im having greater success with the howie tbh, the big aoe and the small squadsize of axis just makes these awesome 3/4 models with 1 shoot instant retreat situation. i feel bad for them honestly.
2 Nov 2015, 05:46 AM

Royal Artillery Regiment with anvil. an almost 100% chance to destroy the gun with airburst shells and you can fire it into fog of war.

Severely underrated commander.

i am afraid thats no longer possible with royal Arty,concetration barrage no longer fires if you dont have vision(like all off map call ins) so its no longer effective against ISGs

2 Nov 2015, 05:47 AM

im having greater success with the howie tbh, the big aoe and the small squadsize of axis just makes these awesome 3/4 models with 1 shoot instant retreat situation. i feel bad for them honestly.

well the howi for me doesnt work at all,expencive and the only way to kill a ISG is by pure luck
2 Nov 2015, 06:04 AM

well the howi for me doesnt work at all,expencive and the only way to kill a ISG is by pure luck

im only rank 400 after 10 games with usf but i get 1 pak howie every game and it will hit vet 100% of the time (except the enemy surrenders before that). needs some micro but with controll group its piss easy to attack move from time to time or manually barrage/rightclick squads.

only counter ive met so far was panzerwerfer from ost, but i could just recrew it evreytime and repair the gun. it is fucking strong.

hm i didnt want to argue with people without playercard anymore..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★