Login

russian armor

ISG counters?

2 Nov 2015, 06:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's a huge pain, I still hate those things. Now that they require you to turn them to shoot I find the best way to deal with them is to just ignore them and work around them capping the map. They will be down on the infantry fight because of the manpower sunk into them, and as long as you keep moving laterally from them they shouldn't hurt you too bad. Once you have overwhelming force smoke and flank and steal.
2 Nov 2015, 07:08 AM

Though it doesn't come verry fast, as USF I was succesfull in constantly killing crewed and recrewed ISGs with a Priest. They were sitting quite close to the medic truck and had some good shots on retreating infantry also.
2 Nov 2015, 08:07 AM

I have no idea why they gave the Leig so much range. It makess it way to easy to just keep in the safety of the flak and HQ.

The crazy range on these thing is what makes them so hard to counter, because they never need to actually risk them. Unlike the pack which can be destroyed in a surprise flank.

To top it off, both USF and UKF lack non-doc heavy arty to counter it with. It's especially bad for UKF who relies a lot of static play and whos only indirect unit is countered by the leig itself.
2 Nov 2015, 09:38 AM

im only rank 400 after 10 games with usf but i get 1 pak howie every game and it will hit vet 100% of the time (except the enemy surrenders before that). needs some micro but with controll group its piss easy to attack move from time to time or manually barrage/rightclick squads.

only counter ive met so far was panzerwerfer from ost, but i could just recrew it evreytime and repair the gun. it is fucking strong.

hm i didnt want to argue with people without playercard anymore..

well if you can give me a tip on how to use them with success against the ISG would be helpful.

for me the pack doesnt work cause the ISG outranges it and fires fasters,plus the enemy can flank my packs while i can not duo to the flak base.
2 Nov 2015, 09:49 AM

well if you can give me a tip on how to use them with success against the ISG would be helpful.

for me the pack doesnt work cause the ISG outranges it and fires fasters,plus the enemy can flank my packs while i can not duo to the flak base.

the barrage of the pak howie has 160 range, the leig got a range of 100. dont try to auto attack duel a leig, barrage it from safe distance constantly, you may not decrew it but it will be a 100% bleed every barrage. after barrage you can continue to rightclick/face gun in the direction of battle

edit: you may not flank it but keep in mind pak howie has a much larger aoe, combined with the low squad models generally on axis side you often have 1 shoot= 3/4 members of a squad dead.
2 Nov 2015, 10:05 AM

the barrage of the pak howie has 160 range, the leig got a range of 100. dont try to auto attack duel a leig, barrage it from safe distance constantly, you may not decrew it but it will be a 100% bleed every barrage. after barrage you can continue to rightclick/face gun in the direction of battle

edit: you may not flank it but keep in mind pak howie has a much larger aoe, combined with the low squad models generally on axis side you often have 1 shoot= 3/4 members of a squad dead.

will give it a try again then now and see how it goes
2 Nov 2015, 11:07 AM

Centaur didn't get a huge nerf or something, it's adjusted to what it should be. I'd suggest put back on the auto-facing and remove the pinning. That's just insane. Although OKW atleast should get a MG34 as normal buildable unit.
2 Nov 2015, 11:13 AM

Use SMG-equipped troops and don't stop moving. Worked for me in 4v4 games to some degree.
2 Nov 2015, 11:33 AM

Royal Artillery Regiment with anvil. an almost 100% chance to destroy the gun with airburst shells and you can fire it into fog of war.

Severely underrated commander.

You cant fire into the FOW anymore.
2 Nov 2015, 14:58 PM

I have no idea why they gave the Leig so much range. It makess it way to easy to just keep in the safety of the flak and HQ.

The crazy range on these thing is what makes them so hard to counter, because they never need to actually risk them. Unlike the pack which can be destroyed in a surprise flank.

To top it off, both USF and UKF lack non-doc heavy arty to counter it with. It's especially bad for UKF who relies a lot of static play and whos only indirect unit is countered by the leig itself.

This is exactly the problem.

ISG's still over perform badly in larger games because they still sit next to a Schwer or Medic truck launching death on any allied troop. The auto facing thing is irrelevant since the player need only queue up attack move orders around the area they want the ISG to stay and it will auto rotate to attack any approaching troops.

ISG's still lack a real counter, and are still not vulnerable until late game heavy arty arrives. If you are playing against a good player they should get their money's worth long before any real arty arrives.
aaa
2 Nov 2015, 15:28 PM

Centaur didn't get a huge nerf or something

wake up. there is no centaur
2 Nov 2015, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2015, 15:28 PMaaa

wake up. there is no centaur

Kappa?
2 Nov 2015, 18:55 PM

to counter the, already nerfed, ISG's.

HAHAHAHA "Nerfed"
2 Nov 2015, 19:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

With USF you can use mortar halftrack phosphorus + pack howie barrage, then later priests

Idk about the other factions
2 Nov 2015, 20:07 PM

With USF you can use mortar halftrack phosphorus + pack howie barrage, then later priests

Idk about the other factions

i forgat about the mortar Halftruck USF gets from infantry company.

is it any good? havent used it for a while
2 Nov 2015, 20:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

i forgat about the mortar Halftruck USF gets from infantry company.

is it any good? havent used it for a while

well I owe my 2v2 rank to the MHT.
the normal shells/barrge are meh,but the phosphorus is awsum

Forces the LEIG(and any other units around the battlegroup,mind you.) to move,and makes the models easier to kill regardless if they move or dont move, as it whittles away a bit of health even if they move the LEIG immediately on impact..

THe only thing is it has lowish range,so you gotta fight for a forward fire base within range of the battlegroup and then just whittle them aaway
2 Nov 2015, 20:19 PM

well I owe my 2v2 rank to the MHT.
the normal shells/barrge are meh,but the phosphorus is awsum

Forces the LEIG(and any other units around the battlegroup,mind you.) to move,and makes the models easier to kill regardless if they move or dont move, as it whittles away a bit of health even if they move the LEIG immediately on impact..

THe only thing is it has lowish range,so you gotta fight for a forward fire base within range of the battlegroup and then just whittle them aaway

seems infantry company is THE counter to ISG for USF.

will use the halftruk more often then against those annoying ISGs
2 Nov 2015, 21:25 PM

you can outplay the leig with pak howie pretty easy, barrage range is 160 for pak howie and 100 for leig, just dont make it a auto attack duel..
2 Nov 2015, 21:35 PM

you can outplay the leig with pak howie pretty easy, barrage range is 160 for pak howie and 100 for leig, just dont make it a auto attack duel..

used it today.....

in all honesty the Pack Howitzer IS NOT a counter,the barrage range you speak of has TERRIBLE accuracy making it as sayed in my first post luck based,so if you ever wiped an ISG its by luck NOT cause its reliable counter,with the mortar halftruck however you can atleast fend it off
2 Nov 2015, 21:47 PM

used it today.....

in all honesty the Pack Howitzer IS NOT a counter,the barrage range you speak of has TERRIBLE accuracy making it as sayed in my first post luck based,so if you ever wiped an ISG its by luck NOT cause its reliable counter,with the mortar halftruck however you can atleast fend it off

read my post, its perma bleed for him with every barrage and after barrage you can face it into the direction of battle again. worked for me but im low rank so it may not work in high elos!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★