Login

russian armor

A message to all tournament organizers

31 Oct 2015, 17:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Please for the love of god, don't ever pick Arnhem Checkpoint ever again. This map is so allied favored it hurts me to even see the name.

We have had plenty of examples in OCF where Riflemen swarms and conscript swarms simply overrun almost all axis players.

Now watching the Haloweencup, that didn't ban riflecompany, you can just wager that the person who plays riflecompany the most on Arnhem Checkpoint, wins. It is just that easy. No Ostheer player can win vs riflecompany on this shitty map.

For once, think things through thoroughly before you choose maps, because a lot of people don't want to admit it, but 90% of the maps are unbalanced and total shit. You wouldn't put Semoisky in a semi final or final map pool now would you? Ostheer with CAS will win every freaking game on that map. Please, although having only three or for legit maps is a little boring, you at least have good games where the chances are even and it doesn't depend on who can pick Riflecompany of CAS for 2 out of 3 games :foreveralone:
31 Oct 2015, 17:35 PM

but 90% of the maps are unbalanced and total shit

There you have your answer.
31 Oct 2015, 17:39 PM

Arnhem is indeed an irritating map, but I wouldn't so much say it is allied favoured as it is infantry favoured. All the cutoffs and buildings are a wet dream for players that build a ton of infantry rather than players who use support weapons and light vehicles.

Americans and Soviets have the easiest time due to their large amount of infantry, but a heavy grenadier/pio playstyle is equally annoying.

I tend to prefer Toad to Kharkov, Crossing in the wood and Kholodny as far as 1v1 is concerned.
31 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM

Arnhem is indeed an irritating map, but I wouldn't so much say it is allied favoured as it is infantry favoured. All the cutoffs and buildings are a wet dream for players that build a ton of infantry rather than players who use support weapons and light vehicles.

Americans and Soviets have the easiest time due to their large amount of infantry, but a heavy grenadier/pio playstyle is equally annoying.

I tend to prefer Toad to Kharkov, Crossing in the wood and Kholodny as far as 1v1 is concerned.

Crossing? Hell no.
Road to Kharkov? Hell no. Better go for Minsk then.
31 Oct 2015, 17:51 PM

Please for the love of god don't ever pick <any coh2 map> its so <faction> favored.

As examples I can name Crossing, Road to Kharkov or Semoskiy that appear frequently in tourney map pools and are heavily favor a faction.
31 Oct 2015, 17:55 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Actually it's just Rifle Company. It's the definition of P2W if you ask me. Lose faction selection, lose the game. Arnhem is beautiful, love the map.
31 Oct 2015, 18:02 PM

USF does what USF does best, and what USF does best is win 1v1

The map is fine.
31 Oct 2015, 18:02 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 17:55 PMluvnest
Actually it's just Rifle Company. It's the definition of P2W if you ask me. Lose faction selection, lose the game. Arnhem is beautiful, love the map.

Hm partly true, yet you will lose 100% of the time if you lose faction selection on Arnhem Checkpoint, because you can't select rifle company 2 out of 3 games. This doesn't happen on other maps.
31 Oct 2015, 18:04 PM

Actually just let people choose map. Problem solved :)
31 Oct 2015, 18:12 PM

If you watch the beginners tournament next weekend, I've put in place a system that lets players choose the map. I think it's barmy that all games in a round are played on the same map and that system is old and needs a revamp.
31 Oct 2015, 18:35 PM

Crossing? Hell no.
Road to Kharkov? Hell no. Better go for Minsk then.

What's wrong with them?

Minsk is far worse than either because of how congested the center of the map is.

31 Oct 2015, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 17:55 PMluvnest

Relic must atone for their sins. Don't care if its their fault or Sega's, we were lied to either way and that's all that matters.

31 Oct 2015, 20:14 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Axis won both G1 and G2 of OCF Finals on Arnhem (Rifle Company was banned).
31 Oct 2015, 20:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Axis won both G1 and G2 of OCF Finals on Arnhem (Rifle Company was banned).

Well we narrowed it down then, we need to either ban riflecompany forever, or remove Arnhem Checkpoint from map pools :)
31 Oct 2015, 20:35 PM

Permanently Banned

Relic must atone for their sins. Don't care if its their fault or Sega's, we were lied to either way and that's all that matters.

Lol, scumbags
31 Oct 2015, 21:04 PM

Well we narrowed it down then, we need to either ban riflecompany forever, or remove Arnhem Checkpoint from map pools :)

Option 1.
31 Oct 2015, 22:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The problem is the commander, not the map.
31 Oct 2015, 22:20 PM
Donator 11

the problem is combination of commander and map, why cant organiser bann a commander only on one map? I think they should.

Ofc this commander is also OP on semoisky but it is broken with every commander.
31 Oct 2015, 22:28 PM
Donator 22

We're just glad to run tourney's for the community. We understand the feedback and will take it in. :)
31 Oct 2015, 23:49 PM

Permanently Banned
We're just glad to run tourney's for the community. We understand the feedback and will take it in. :)

It is not solely directed at your tournament, just in general. I loved your tournament and also the pershing video!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★