Login

russian armor

Flame Hetzer Blows

PAGES (8)down
2 Nov 2015, 18:01 PM

I'm not defending anything.

I'm simply pointing out the incredible irony in this thread.
2 Nov 2015, 19:37 PM
Patrion 14

I'm not defending anything.

I'm simply pointing out the incredible irony in this thread.

The irony is that you still don't understand how to stay on topic.

Now, back on topic gents.
3 Nov 2015, 03:40 AM

Am I the only one who is quite disappointed by the fact that the Hetzer has no abilities whatsoever? No cloaking, no combat blitz, no infantry detection, nothing. I thought that they'd give it something other than an MG for the fact that it has a casemate, but it's just bland bland bland. Not to mention that it is incredibly difficult to vet up the Hetzer ontop of its bland veterancy bonuses.
3 Nov 2015, 22:14 PM
Patrion 310

Pay money to SEGA/Relic so we as fans can enjoy beta testing new commanders or wait at least 1 year to get war spoils. Yeah sounds reasonable, just ask Admiral Ackbar:

3 Nov 2015, 23:01 PM

Problem can be easily summed up : To expensive. This unit no where near to the AI or flexibility of the ostwind. reduce the cost to 65 fuel.
3 Nov 2015, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 23:01 PMZyllen
Problem can be easily summed up : To expensive. This unit no where near to the AI or flexibility of the ostwind. reduce the cost to 65 fuel.

And hp to 400.
3 Nov 2015, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 23:01 PMZyllen

Ostwind can't shoot through shot blockers worth a damn.

Hetzer denies cover and pushes units out of them.

4 Nov 2015, 00:30 AM
Patrion 28

the hetzer just needs a small dps increase. it does almost no damage with either the attack or the DoT.
4 Nov 2015, 00:33 AM

Costs 100 fuel to a fuel starving faction. Should come with both a CP and Fuel reduction.

4 Nov 2015, 00:45 AM

November 4th:

Dear diary,
the flame Hetzer is still useless and relic shows no intent to change that. I'm still shattered by the fact that I waited 1 1/2 years for new okw content and got this crap doctrine.
4 Nov 2015, 01:38 AM

Yea, this is kinda disappointing, for OKW atleast. SOV and OH have bunch of commanders, alot of them are meh but still couple good ones. USF got a heavy tank(and rangers), i always thought they were fast mobile all around army that lacked heavy armor, u can even have more than one pershing at same time, yay. OKW got flamethrower (on just one unit tho) stuka bombing, useless recycle/manpower options and small turretless tank with couple of germans in it, and their job is to fart trough gun with a lighter on the other end.
4 Nov 2015, 01:43 AM

Costs 100 fuel to a fuel starving faction. Should come with both a CP and Fuel reduction.

If only there was a building that let you convert munitions resource to fuel.
4 Nov 2015, 10:22 AM

Ostwind can't shoot through shot blockers worth a damn.

Hetzer denies cover and pushes units out of them.

Still doesn't warrant its 100 fuel price. The stug E is a way better AI unit then this guy.
4 Nov 2015, 10:25 AM

Or some kind of ability that allowed you to get free fuel off the wrecks or abandoned team weapons.
4 Nov 2015, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 10:22 AMZyllen

Still doesn't warrant its 100 fuel price. The stug E is a way better AI unit then this guy.

That depends entirely on your army composition and playstyle.

I really like the Hetzer.
4 Nov 2015, 18:19 PM

Sure, although now I can't afford Shreks, because I wanted to get out my AI only tank, so the Shermans and Centaurs and Cromwells and T70s roll all over my army.

Or some kind of ability that allowed you to get free fuel off the wrecks or abandoned team weapons.

Yep that would be sweet, but the decent opponents I face destroy that stuff and my infantry aren't bulletproof while salvaging.

:facepalm:
4 Nov 2015, 19:02 PM

Sure, although now I can't afford Shreks, because I wanted to get out my AI only tank, so the Shermans and Centaurs and Cromwells and T70s roll all over my army.

You're supposed to micromanage it. The bonus conversion to munitions is EXTREMELY good, and only needs to be active for a short period of time. If you have 4 strat points, a fuel point and a muni point captured (roughly half of most maps) you get +50 munitions per minute, meaning you only need to have it active for a shortwhile to get enough for whatever you might need. And then for the rest of the time you should have it in fuel. (Which doesn't even reduce your munitions income completely.)

What I would recommend is using muni conversion for 20-30 seconds, swapping to fuel and then using muni conversion for a bit immediately after purchasing a vehicle.

If you actually micromanage OKW's economy in this fashion, you have far more munis and about equal fuel income. (+23 for allies, +20 for OKW with conversion rather than +17 for OKW) This in turn allows you to get weapon upgrades and use grenades/abilities to win more fights, giving you a pretty big advantage. In the later stages of the game you can put it all in munis and start using all sorts of fun artillery abilities too.

And that's before we factor in salvaging, which lets you recoup a lot of your losses and get free resources from your opponent.

Playing OKW without resource conversion is like playing America without Riflemen. Viable, but you're trading a lot for it.

I don't really see a reason to start the game with battlegroup hq, since vet 1 can be achieved on sturmpios pretty quick. Unless you want to take advantage of infield retreat/reinforcement in your early game I suppose. ( both the ISG and flashlight HT are much better mid game buys than early game ones)

4 Nov 2015, 19:48 PM

Dont get me wrong but always when you re swithcing resources you loose some of them because its not effective.

You will get much more fuel and munnition en the end if you just dont use convertor
4 Nov 2015, 20:03 PM

That depends entirely on your army composition and playstyle.

I really like the Hetzer.

I like the hetzer as well ut its still 2 expensive. for the fuel alone you can get 2 luchs out who are mobile and flexible
4 Nov 2015, 20:14 PM
Donator 33

I think it would be fine if the Hetzer got slightly more armor/HP.

And its top mounted MG needs more DPS. And pls remove the gunner. It was remote controlled :luvDerp:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS