Login

russian armor

Remove Allied Grenade tech costs

27 Oct 2015, 00:35 AM

Why do Allies have to pay for sub par grenades compared to Axis? Some would say that Axis pay for them as well, but this is a nonsensical argument, because you were already going to tech, and rarely are you punished for teching up to get rifle grenades or flame grenades.

USF, Soviets, and British have to pay manpower that could be used to field more men or build caches and then use fuel which delays tech all the while as Master race OKW Volksgrenadier and Ostheer Grenadier blobs grenade you at will with built in grenade tech.

Solution: Just remove the tech requirement for all factions for grenades, it would help USF early game and encourage better play from Axis if they knew a conscript squad could immediately AT grenade their kubelwagon or a riflemen squad could immediately smoke and advance towards a lone, camping MG42 in the immediate early game.

There really isn't a good reason to lock grenades behind tech, especially since Allied grenades aren't even significantly better.
27 Oct 2015, 00:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

And goodbye to any house play from the Axis considering they'll get nuked out by molotovs and frags and GG Ostheer when dealing with USF as they'll be grenaded from the start and then rushed by any of the officer light vehicles without delay.

Don't change things that aren't broken.

27 Oct 2015, 00:56 AM

And goodbye to any house play from the Axis considering they'll get nuked out by molotovs and frags and GG Ostheer when dealing with USF as they'll be grenaded from the start and then rushed by any of the officer light vehicles without delay.

Don't change things that aren't broken.

It is broken, because Axis doesn't make the same sacrifice.

Soviet Maxim or British Vickers in a house unsupported vs OKW Volksgrenadier is a death sentence for the MG. Now try that vs a Brit, American, or Soviet that hasn't spent the fuel or manpower to do so.

Support your weapon teams, because Allies have to. You shouldnt be able to rush a building and afk while the MG42 does all the work for you.
aaa
27 Oct 2015, 01:06 AM

Axis mg doesnt need building to be effective. Plus with MP various early game advantages they can protect mg from any threat

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 00:35 AMProBro
OKW Volksgrenadier and Ostheer Grenadier blobs

axis blobs are still a problem.
27 Oct 2015, 01:14 AM

The main reason for teaching to grenades is to make it a decision, if you can just blindly tech one way then this not only reduces strategy but also takes away from making more build orders as the grenades do a good effect on fights. For Ostheer when you go for T2 tech can be crucial to early game since if you do it too early you are down at least one unit when you are supposed to be capturing and skirmishing. For OKW I do agree that this is less of a choice/risk as you have strum pios to win early fights except for the fact that you could lose your truck from rushing it, which actually happens to me quite often.

I want to say that not all allied grenades are not subpar the Soviet ones are still strong (maybe not after the new patch) but they are just easier to dodge than the OKW ones but they still reliably win skirmishes if they sit in it for a second. The USF ones I find consistently kill 3 models if your opponent doesn't dodge them and two usually wipe an MG in a house so I don't find them subpar. The Mills bomb I honestly only got once and I did not use it much so I can't say much, but the gammon bomb is a squad wiper if you can get it in the middle of them but a 4 second fuse is easy to dodge. Ostheer grenades feel pretty weak with the only trade being range, when you use one on a housed maxim you will probably only kill one model and barely damage the others each time, however sometime you get lucky clump kills. OKW grenades right now feel like super molotovs since the thrower does not wind up the throw like he is throwing a football this might be part of their design to be super aggressive early but they are a bit too spamable.
27 Oct 2015, 01:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Considering allied teching is lower than axis, why should they get grenades right from the get go?
27 Oct 2015, 01:34 AM

Yeah, and remove axis from the game.

Dem fanbois.
27 Oct 2015, 01:38 AM

What does the op want? Insta counter kubel, Insta counter mg's? I don't thing nades are broken. Us nades wipes quite a lot, even with quick dodge , at nades are guided missiles. Not even mentioned, smaller squad sizes of axis infantry.
27 Oct 2015, 01:43 AM

Yes, let's make USF, which is the strongest faction (10% higher win % than axis) with the strongest early game, even more powerful in the early game. Makes great sense...
27 Oct 2015, 03:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 00:56 AMProBro

It is broken, because Axis doesn't make the same sacrifice.

Soviet Maxim or British Vickers in a house unsupported vs OKW Volksgrenadier is a death sentence for the MG. Now try that vs a Brit, American, or Soviet that hasn't spent the fuel or manpower to do so.

Support your weapon teams, because Allies have to. You shouldnt be able to rush a building and afk while the MG42 does all the work for you.

Yes lets forget all about the LV's that are right around the corner. the nade cost is their to prevent the allies from teching straight to LV's. and even now pacing is still of with lv's coming out a bit to fast .
aaa
27 Oct 2015, 03:23 AM

axis mg leaving the house too fast for grenades to do any dmg. Plus animation is so faking noticeable.
80% of the time they just have to reposition without single model drop. Combined with its huge arc not allowing closing a distance its rediclous.
Grenades of allied basic infantry really need buff. Or axis ability to dodge need a nerf

27 Oct 2015, 03:49 AM

:welcome::huhsign:
Man... you're on fire.

Ok, I'll bite. The only time, personally, I would find this acceptable is if they were locked behind vet.
27 Oct 2015, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 00:35 AMProBro
Why do Allies have to pay for sub par grenades compared to Axis? Some would say that Axis pay for them as well, but this is a nonsensical argument, because you were already going to tech, and rarely are you punished for teching up to get rifle grenades or flame grenades.

USF, Soviets, and British have to pay manpower that could be used to field more men or build caches and then use fuel which delays tech all the while as Master race OKW Volksgrenadier and Ostheer Grenadier blobs grenade you at will with built in grenade tech.

Solution: Just remove the tech requirement for all factions for grenades, it would help USF early game and encourage better play from Axis if they knew a conscript squad could immediately AT grenade their kubelwagon or a riflemen squad could immediately smoke and advance towards a lone, camping MG42 in the immediate early game.

There really isn't a good reason to lock grenades behind tech, especially since Allied grenades aren't even significantly better.

The no tech for nades was real at first that the VERY start of USF release, it was too strong. Smoke nades for "free" would overwhelm osteer bc it would negate MG 42s.

You want something to fix? let BARs me upgraded on the field like all armies
27 Oct 2015, 04:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge

please the 150 mp are not much, and the nades are worth it if you tech them. i think that ost and okw get nades for free makes up for being the weaker early game infantry.
27 Oct 2015, 04:05 AM

This idea is not good.
27 Oct 2015, 04:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Surely nazi OP right?
Hat
27 Oct 2015, 04:22 AM

And goodbye to any house play from the Axis considering they'll get nuked out by molotovs

Yet OKW gets the nuke nade without paying?
27 Oct 2015, 04:59 AM

This thread takes the cake for not understanding asymmetrical balance and faction flavour at all. Not to mention it's misleading. Brit mills bombs and Ruskie molotovs are crazy at the moment. No denying that. They need to be locked behind a tech, arguably so should anti-vehcile grenades for the USF (should be tied into the grenades tech).
27 Oct 2015, 05:28 AM

pffft before axis used to pay evenly as allies for grenades now allies pay more and they have teching costs. The dude is talking about USF nades.
27 Oct 2015, 05:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Or how about we add tech costs for at least grenadier lmgs, volks shrecks ( MAYBE), instead? So there is at least a thought process behind them like teching molotovs, grenades, BARs rather than the brainless upgrades they actually are?

Why do Axis get essentially " free " upgrades like these when the Allied players are paying for them in extra MP/ Fuel.

It really makes no sense to me. Makes doctrines like CAS stronger than they need to be when there is no extra cost tied to upgrading LMG's
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★