Login

russian armor

Brit Sniper shouldn't be able to Crit 222's engine

26 Oct 2015, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 15:40 PMKatitof

It takes two engagements vs tommies to vet puma to vet1.

Tommies grant a lot of exp.
I did it myself.
You can ask FaHu :megusta:
Vet1 Puma is legit brit sniper hardcounter despite it being primarly AT vehicle and AT sniper in theory its natural hardcounter.

ok so 2 engagements with no at nearby, fine.
but you will agree that the opponent will be aware of the puma vet 1 and thus play very conservative ( if he has half a brain)? and you cant just drive up to a sniper if he starts to play safe when u hit vet 1.
26 Oct 2015, 15:50 PM

but you will agree that the opponent will be aware of the puma vet 1 and thus play very conservative ( if he has half a brain)? and you cant just drive up to a sniper if he starts to play safe when u hit vet 1.

Do you know that the puma can shoot and see farther than the brit sniper? The brit sniper wont even see the puma and the puma can already shoot at it.
26 Oct 2015, 16:00 PM

Yeah, because brits have so easy access to AT early game.
If you go for sniper early, you won't be able to pump ATG as fast, if you go ATG first, volks swarm will jsut get in melee and do the job, there is still puma smoke to save your ass.

As Zarok reminded me, only downside to that would be Centaur rush, but things might look differently post patch.
26 Oct 2015, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 15:50 PMBurts

Do you know that the puma can shoot and see farther than the brit sniper? The brit sniper wont even see the puma and the puma can already shoot at it.

100% true. but your theory works only if the sniper is playing frontline 1 army tank soldier. any player better than a crippled cockroach will have alteast 1 infantry squad infront of the sniper thus negating the superior range. aw and remember, if the ukf donest have a 6pdr out till puma with vet 1 arrives ( got a nice 50% acc bonus for these fast light vehicles !) its a comp stomp anyway.
26 Oct 2015, 16:07 PM

100% true. but your theory works only if the sniper is playing frontline 1 army tank soldier. any player better than a crippled cockroach will have alteast 1 infantry squad infront of the sniper thus negating the superior range. aw and remember, if the ukf donest have a 6pdr out till puma with vet 1 arrives ( got a nice 50% acc bonus for these fast light vehicles !) its a comp stomp anyway.

At your 1000+ rating people are truly amazing players. They never make mistakes and luring enemy snipers is impossible. Good thing that at my level of play baiting snipers is still a valid strategy.

Truly, i don't know how to help you.
26 Oct 2015, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 16:07 PMBurts

At your 1000+ rating people are truly amazing players. They never make mistakes and luring enemy snipers is impossible. Good thing that at my level of play baiting snipers is still a valid strategy.

Truly, i don't know how to help you.

fine, my arguments are invalid because of my personal skill.

probably will be nerfed anyway like all the other issues which were adressed in the last patches with ukf and most of the members defended them to be fine :)
26 Oct 2015, 16:39 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 15:44 PMzarok47

I don't see OkW having anything near a good sniper counter (nor USF for that matter).

Oh don't worry. I have a feeling USF will have its own sniper in one of the two new commanders coming after this patch if this leak is right:

26 Oct 2015, 16:44 PM

fine, my arguments are invalid because of my personal skill.

probably will be nerfed anyway like all the other issues which were adressed in the last patches with ukf and most of the members defended them to be fine :)

Your arguments are invalid is because they defy any common sense whatsover. The puma is a good counter to a british sniper. It is foolish to deny it. You refuse to agree that you need to buy specific units in order to counter a sniper and continue lamenting on with your nonsense.

And no, the british sniper probably won't be nerfed. Because unlike the centaur or other similar stuff, it actually is not overpowered.
26 Oct 2015, 16:55 PM
Patrion 15

Done another little bit of cleaning around here after all you messy people! XD

1 for flaming/trolling/being antagonizing.
1 by user request.
26 Oct 2015, 19:38 PM

Oh don't worry. I have a feeling USF will have its own sniper in one of the two new commanders coming after this patch if this leak is right:

Fix the sniper mess by giving everyone a sniper (cept OkW atm).

What could possibly go wrong?.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 16:44 PMBurts

Your arguments are invalid is because they defy any common sense whatsover. The puma is a good counter to a british sniper. It is foolish to deny it. You refuse to agree that you need to buy specific units in order to counter a sniper and continue lamenting on with your nonsense.

I deny it, for the puma is not valid counter in any half-decent competitve 1vs1 match for reasons stated prior (in a post you seem to have missed for some reason).
26 Oct 2015, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 19:38 PMzarok47

I deny it, for the puma is not valid counter in any half-decent competitve 1vs1 match for reasons stated prior (in a post you seem to have missed for some reason).

Have you tried rushing Luchs to chase of snipers? Remember, Luchs was used against Barton's sniper spam a while ago too, not to mention Brits lack AT grenades.
26 Oct 2015, 20:36 PM
Patrion 14

well you should use the ostheer sniper and his 420 blaze it quick-scoping to counter the brit sniper not the 222.

and in my expierence the kubel kills the brit sniper in a burst to a burst in a half at worst,maybe 2 bursts even on the move.....just stop to fire a burst or two

like the brit sniper sometimes will die to a kubel before it even gets into "supress" mode

and firing crit shots at a kubel continiously is completely pointless,45 munitions so a sturmpio can repair it in 6 seconds?

this. if you catch the snipster early in its reloading state, it will get demolished. so i think it is fine. i just think 222 is a tad too weak. it is more prone to small arms than UC ffs.
26 Oct 2015, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 16:44 PMBurts

And no, the british sniper probably won't be nerfed. Because unlike the centaur or other similar stuff, it actually is not overpowered.

You're fucking funny.

So how is your argument obey common sense whatsoever? A puma to counter brit sniper?

1. Brit sniper can crit it as well.
2. OKW Puma costs 70 fuel and arrive much later, while sniper costs only manpower
3. you need to get to Vet 1, how much time is it gonna take? maybe bad players like you give me vehicles to shoot at all the time?
4. How is it reasonable to force someone into a tech and spend large amount of resource just to counter one unit?

Go to school, take a logic class, and l2p, then you talk about balance; Spamming post like other scrubs doesn't mean you are right.
27 Oct 2015, 00:11 AM

The Puma being a counter to the Brit sniper, now I've heard everything. I genuinely laughed out loud behind my screen at the sheer inanity of it. Not to mention that even if you somehow mysteriously managed to kill the brit sniper you're left with a 70 fuel unit that is a complete liability vs Brits.
27 Oct 2015, 00:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nah, that first picture was used for an upgrade for AA commander abilties. For Support's Hold the Line, I think.
27 Oct 2015, 00:46 AM

Rly u can't get to brits sniper with 222 while he is using snare ? RLY?!?! i can get to him even with jgpz 4 and guess what drive over him (road kill xD) so... oh there is 1 good tip i can give u
Smoke and flank
27 Oct 2015, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 16:00 PMKatitof

Yeah, because brits have so easy access to AT early game.
If you go for sniper early, you won't be able to pump ATG as fast, if you go ATG first, volks swarm will jsut get in melee and do the job, there is still puma smoke to save your ass.

As Zarok reminded me, only downside to that would be Centaur rush, but things might look differently post patch.

This is where PIAT's come in.

27 Oct 2015, 05:21 AM

I think the brit sniper should keep his snare. The OP simply meant that it shouldn't be able to engine-crit the 222 and the kubel. As in just those two. Cause otherwise they can't chase the sniper.

I believe he meant to suggest that crit shot should still apply to 222 & kubel but that it should cause turrent jam/temporary gun critical instead so those units cannot fire, but can keep moving. Thus, the sniper can safely escape and the axis light vehicles don't automagically become bait for more sniper shots and/or 6 pdr bait.

Its nice that we're all passionate about our favourite units/factions but lets all keep the discussion to that suggestion and/or calmly suggest alternatives plz.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★