Login

russian armor

What in the world happened to emplacements?

24 Oct 2015, 07:12 AM

I remember watching videos and streams before the British release, and I remember hearing about them being a "hammer and anvil" type country - incorporating both offensive and defensive capabilities into their gameplay.

The British get released and emplacements are everywhere (How effective they were is unknown, as I'm always too busy playing USF to recognize). Anyways, a month later - they're dead. The only time I see an emplacement is when I have a noob on my team and are getting our butthole raped by Axis.

What the hell happened to them? Where did they go? Has relic acknowledged anything being wrong with them...or are any steps being taken to have them become relevant again?

I am just curious. I never play Brits, so I don't care too much for them. (Does everyone feel the same way?) I just NEVER see anyone building them and it is honestly quite comical too me...how 30 days after their release - they are entirely nonexistent.

- Thank you to anyone who responds in advance...but, also, i ask nicely that you don't come in here and say, "you're crazy, I build/see them all the time!". Because...no...just no. I see maybe ONE emplacement every 10 games...and it just seems out of place and always built by a noob. If you see them more, then I suppose I need to get out of random 4 vs 4s or something.
24 Oct 2015, 07:18 AM

They got a massive overnerf due to community over reaction.
24 Oct 2015, 07:37 AM

Permanently Banned
I dislike emplacements. Its sim city garbage where a bunch of static positions do all the work for you. The only expensive on is the 17 pounders. I guarantee we will see more now that brits don't bleed anymore.
24 Oct 2015, 07:56 AM
Patrion 28

emplacements got nerfed and their counters were either not touched or were buffed.
24 Oct 2015, 09:06 AM

I dislike emplacements.

Me too but emplacements are the only non-doctrinal indirect that the British get. I could happily never think about 17 pounder and Bofors ever again but the mortar pit being useless is a problem.
24 Oct 2015, 09:30 AM

I think emplacements are fine as is, they work well. Problem is two things which counter them way too easily:

1) One OKW ISG beats the UKF mortar emplacement in a straight fight. Goes without saying that it hard-counters the bofors & 17pdr emplacements too. With the IsG meta as stronk as it is nowadays, well....

2) Flames. UKF emplacements take 3x intended dmg from flame weapons and flame attacks cause of a bug in the files. This + OKW volk flame nades or Ost mortar HT = recipe for disaster.

Its really bad vs OKW mostly. As an ost player and when playing UKF against Ost [when ost player doesn't go for mortar HT doc], well located emplacements can really shine.
24 Oct 2015, 09:32 AM
Patrion 14

While we're at it, can we nerf molotov damage so it doesn't take 2 of them (30 munitions) to destroy a wehrmacht bunker.

Because that's not been talked about or looked at yet... like at all.
24 Oct 2015, 09:53 AM

While we're at it, can we nerf molotov damage so it doesn't take 2 of them (30 munitions) to destroy a wehrmacht bunker.

Flame DOT DPS is nerfed to 40% of previous amount in the october patch
24 Oct 2015, 16:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Mortar pit is fine, isg is being nerfed. Ever play aganst mortar pits? Its fucking annoying as shit. Bofors are only 30 fuel. They perform just fine. Now that flames have been nerfed you'll still see emplacements be viable.
24 Oct 2015, 16:29 PM

I played the balance preview extensively, and the flame change is not noticeable. There's no point getting any emplacement at all, they'll just get vaporized by incendiary grenades. OKW just uses incendiary grenandes on every occasion anyway, even when storming MGs upfront. It's boring, and most frustrating.

I really wish Relic would remove these incendiary grenades from the cheapest main line infantry, it's just not fun anymore.
24 Oct 2015, 16:31 PM

Mortar pit is fine, isg is being nerfed. Ever play aganst mortar pits? Its fucking annoying as shit. Bofors are only 30 fuel. They perform just fine. Now that flames have been nerfed you'll still see emplacements be viable.

Partially agree (emplacement still need adjustments to better reflect their cost, but sim city is a cancer), but what about 17 pounder? It far less survivable thank pak 43 while also costing fuel. In addition to that it outranged by jagdtiger and easily killable by it.

It so cost inefficient for it price i am not surprised you completely forgot it.
24 Oct 2015, 17:30 PM

emplacements are where they shoul be: in the depths of oblivion.
my suggestion is to delete them completely from the game (i can live with the 17pdr though)

and give brits a regular mortar and not that urgh
24 Oct 2015, 17:36 PM
Donator 22

Then let's talk about one OKW flame grenade destroying Fighting pit
24 Oct 2015, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 16:31 PMJadame!

Partially agree (emplacement still need adjustments to better reflect their cost, but sim city is a cancer), but what about 17 pounder? It far less survivable thank pak 43 while also costing fuel. In addition to that it outranged by jagdtiger and easily killable by it.

It so cost inefficient for it price i am not surprised you completely forgot it.

All I can say is good. Fuck emplacements and fuck artillery pieces just stationary automated long range bullshit. Hardly any skill involved.

Tell me how a 17 pounder has less survivability than a pak43? Makes no sense. Pak43s don't get brace or health buffs with vet.
24 Oct 2015, 18:16 PM

I prefer the current state over the previous one. I said it before release: Emplacements do not have a place in COH, a game that is fast paced around flanking, with an excellent cover system and changing map control. Emplacements destroy everything COH is about.

Even less does the "brace" ability have a place in this game. The weakspot of an emplacement is artillery. An option to negate that is utterly foolish.

The previous state of Bofors emplacements going into brace, taking a ridiculous amount of artillery fire and switching to firing mode for 3 seconds to wipe a charging flamer pioneer was bad design.

I have no idea how those cancerous emplacements can be balanced. In fact I think they can´t. Thus keeping them unattractive and situational is the best thing to do.

#rant-end

24 Oct 2015, 18:39 PM

Mortar pit and bofors are fine. If you place them correctly, they are very powerful.

The 17pdr, on the other hand, is just too situational to use. The only time I can think of is a Crossing (or a similar map) 2v2 lategame campfest. It is simply outclassed by the mobile and cheap 6pdr, and also costs fuel on top of it. But any buff to it should be slight because it is very powerful in teamgames and making it impossible to bypass with armor would be disastrous.
25 Oct 2015, 01:05 AM
Donator 11

Emplacements are probably the hardest thing in the game to balance and at the moment it just so happens they are way underwhelming. It sucks for the British since a lot of their design is about playing around emplacements but I honestly prefer them being somewhat weak tbh, it makes for more interesting games
25 Oct 2015, 08:46 AM

Tell me how a 17 pounder has less survivability than a pak43? Makes no sense. Pak43s don't get brace or health buffs with vet.

17 pounder considered a structure while pak 43 considered a team weapon. Thus you can kill 17 pounder (which also have huge hitbox) with at guns.

Not to mention you can build pak 43 behind shotblockers, which on some maps make it impossible to kill with on-map artillery.
25 Oct 2015, 08:56 AM

Now, they are just not a castle since they are emplacements.. Do you see pak43 emplacements any?
25 Oct 2015, 09:20 AM

Have you ever build mortar pit because of its cost ? 400MP
By that time you can make it you need sniper and at gun to counter 2 222s or 2sniper + 222 . or prepare for fast luchs.

Also commados do the job better and are not hardcountered by 2 leig
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 74
Poland 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak