Login

russian armor

Patch notes 29 Oct

PAGES (11)down
29 Oct 2015, 09:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Not yet, and we can't judge the performance of a unit that doesn't exist yet.

You must have missed the last two weeks on the forum where people have already decided that the two new commanders were OP blatant PW2 money grabs by Relic based on nothing more than the fact they existed.

Now more or less the same people are complaining that the OKW one is not worth the money.

Really though you are right, people shouldn't be making a judgement for at least two weeks maybe four
29 Oct 2015, 09:03 AM

Top 100 AT 4v4? Almost entirely a matter of playing enough matches with the same 3 people

Top 100 Random 4v4? I'll let you know if I ever get there, but it mostly seems an exercise in masochism

Since we're talking ranks, I always assume "competitive" part, which isn't possible to achieve without AT.
So yeah, I meant AT.

I don't consider RT games as competitive-or to be specific-I don't believe you can be competitive in any team game without a proper, coordinated team mate(s).
29 Oct 2015, 12:22 PM

now that im back, im glad to see that nothing has changed (community-wise), but that a lot has been done on relics part to improve the game, although it once again is ignored/misinterpreted by the community (no change there either)

cant wait to play the game again. but ill wait till the patch hits. all that leig/ph-ranting got me pretty scared

by the way: Pershing? :D
29 Oct 2015, 12:36 PM

Infantry sections are best in cover and on the move they are abysmal.

True, but at least they don't move at half-speed through non-friendly territory like they did in COH!
29 Oct 2015, 14:07 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 09:03 AMKatitof

Since we're talking ranks, I always assume "competitive" part, which isn't possible to achieve without AT.
So yeah, I meant AT.

I don't consider RT games as competitive-or to be specific-I don't believe you can be competitive in any team game without a proper, coordinated team mate(s).

How is this even remotely on topic?

back to oct 29th patch notes please.
29 Oct 2015, 14:55 PM

True, but pandering to a select few won't be successful for this game. It never will be included in E-Sports and trying to be won't get anywhere, not with the size of this playerbase.

"Professional" competition can destroy games imo. If you want to be a "pro" and give "pro" advice, go and play DoTA or CoC as far as I'm concerned. That's where the activity and money is..

Agreed, and it will never be esports as long as unit performance keeps changing with every patch. I don't wish for CoH2 to become esporty since that has only taken cool stuff away from the game so far.

Top 100 AT 4v4? Almost entirely a matter of playing enough matches with the same 3 people

Top 100 Random 4v4? I'll let you know if I ever get there, but it mostly seems an exercise in masochism and persistance

Persistance? I've played the game for 1300+ hours and mostly 3v3/4v4 and I've never been better than rank 2000. If you claim it's because I suck so hard you will give me right in that the highest ranked are the best players. Or they did what it took to win at least. Which is considered "best".

I don't claim l33T players are in those modes, I'm just trying to balance the view that everybody playing 3v3/4v4 are sucky scrub ass players which is just not right or a balanced view at all.
29 Oct 2015, 16:01 PM

Agreed, and it will never be esports as long as unit performance keeps changing with every patch. I don't wish for CoH2 to become esporty since that has only taken cool stuff away from the game so far.

No the game won't be an e-sport because it's not popular enough. You can't create a e-sport scene through balancing and reducing rng. Competitive players don't magically appear because of consistency.

Popularity creates a e-sports scene. E-sports scenes don't create popularity. At least not until you reach a certain point of popularity coh2 is no where near.
29 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

No the game won't be an e-sport because it's not popular enough. You can't create a e-sport scene through balancing and reducing rng. Competitive players don't magically appear because of consistency.

Popularity creates a e-sports scene. E-sports scenes don't create popularity. At least not until you reach a certain point of popularity coh2 is no where near.

Put a 10 000 euros price for a competition and diffuse it on the international e-sport media and you'll see coh2 popularity raise like rocket. Maybe not for a long time I concede.
Money and advertising investment are the tools to make something popular. I'm not even saying a game, I say something.

@Trubbbel, if you want to improve in teamgame 3vs3 and 4vs4, you must improve your teamplay and personal skill. For this second matter, playing automatch 1vs1 is the best training you can have. Now I can also understand you don't like it.
29 Oct 2015, 16:26 PM

10k e-sports prize for a game that is still a mess balance wise, filled with OP DLC and map hacks in competitive play.

Yea sounds like it will work out fine
29 Oct 2015, 17:45 PM

"No Longer can auto face"

Is just me or is this the biggest nerf to Howie/LeIG? I mean, no matter the edit to damage stats, your artillery piece will fire maybe ~60% percent of the time it use to before the change, statistically. Its an extra unit to micro now and a very hard unit to micro it is, considering you cant even click on any enemy unit to target them directly in fear of having your ISG run off somewhere. This isnt an MG or AT gun ... not sure what reason behind the change was.

Hmm, I wonder .. if I queue a bunch of attack move commands in circle round the leig, maybe that will work...
29 Oct 2015, 17:47 PM
Patrion 14

"No Longer can auto face"

Is just me or is this the biggest nerf to Howie/LeIG?

Played preview patch, attack move for autofacing when needed works just fine. Like only one step up for micro and I'm still going to build at least 1 ISG to counter mg/at gun spam.

Oh yeah, make sure to have a shift stop order when telling ISG's to attack move or else they will literally follow the enemy unit back to their base :snfPeter:
29 Oct 2015, 17:57 PM

Removing autoface is a stupid, unnecessary micro tax. >.> While I'm glad the turbo suppression artillery snipers got hit with a nerf, I don't like this one. OKW struggles a lot vs. allied infantry now that it got buffed across the board, and Tommies just being excellent in general. OKW is in a rather weak spot at the moment.

On a positive note, praise the sun for prioritize vehicle getting its icons back for every tank. God, that was annoying.
29 Oct 2015, 18:09 PM

If auto-facing using attack move is still in the game after the patch, i'll be rather sad :(
29 Oct 2015, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 17:57 PMKothre
Removing autoface is a stupid, unnecessary micro tax. >.>

For the 1000th time, do you feel micro taxed when you have to relocate manually AT guns or HMGs?
Why would it be any different to another weapon with displayed arc then?
29 Oct 2015, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 18:15 PMKatitof

For the 1000th time, do you feel micro taxed when you have to relocate manually AT guns or HMGs?
Why would it be any different to another weapon with displayed arc then?

All weapons have an implicit firing arc. Why not disable auto-facing for mortars?
29 Oct 2015, 18:24 PM

Mortars already come with a circle to display their range. Howies and leIGs should have a circle too if they were intended to auto-face..
29 Oct 2015, 18:36 PM

In my experience to get the most effect from leigs, pak howis or mortars I am frequently ordering them to barrage and moving them around the rear lines to keep them firing at vulnerable targets from a close enough range to be accurate/get wipes but far enough to avoid infantry counterattacks. This kind of use needs zero auto-facing to be effective.

If you are parking a mortar, leig or pak howi in one spot and relying on its auto-facing to make it effective you're already not getting as much value as you should from that unit. I don't think an RTS player should expect to get much out of a unit they barely give commands to.
29 Oct 2015, 18:49 PM

Mortars already come with a circle to display their range. Howies and leIGs should have a circle too if they were intended to auto-face..

Why do mortars have a circle and not an arc?
29 Oct 2015, 18:51 PM

All weapons have an implicit firing arc. Why not disable auto-facing for mortars?

Do they have arc displayed on the map?
No?
Then what would be reason for it?

HMGs use visible arc, they don't auto face.
On map arty use visible arc, they don't auto face.
ATGs use visible arc, they don't auto fact.
Kubel does and people wish it didn't, its a vehicle though so its unique case-call it an exception which confirms the rule.
No reason why PH and ISG would auto fact with their arcs.

Its called consistency.

If you feel so micro taxed, then I have an advise for you:

29 Oct 2015, 19:01 PM

Why do mortars have a circle and not an arc?
Mortars have their own animations. They are able to turn without unpacking (they just pick up the mortar and put it down).

The pack and leig on the other hand use the same type of animation as the AT guns. Meaning when they turn to fire at another target they have to unpack and set up again in another facing.

The shown arc correlates with the type of animation they use.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 62
Korea, Republic Of 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak