Login

russian armor

Opel Blitz Commander

23 Jun 2013, 23:26 PM
Patrion 14

Biggest issue with this commander is the strafingrun. Think StephenJF is right on the money here.

Another issue would be a stackable opesl. Id say limit the amount of trucks in a sector to 1 and a limit on 2 opels / player. There were lots of unitcaps in vCoH. Why not here. Still, I like fielding multiple heavies, so no changes there I hope.
23 Jun 2013, 23:34 PM

Ya. this doc is really good.

but sometimes, you need a mortar halftrack.

so someone choose other doc. (but, for only mortar halftrack...)

This doc is Germany's only hope.
24 Jun 2013, 10:40 AM

Permanently Banned
i tried this truck spamin 1v1, at 20 min i realized it was 6 truck on ammo but only 1 was active because i cant use more than 1 in one sector. Then i put everywhere truck and i strafe the sh!t out of the enemy :D
24 Jun 2013, 10:42 AM

Permanently Banned
and as i see if you OP first the strat pont you get +X fuel/ammo then you put truck there you get 2X ammo/fuel 1x ammo/fuel
24 Jun 2013, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2013, 10:40 AMakosi
i tried this truck spamin 1v1, at 20 min i realized it was 6 truck on ammo but only 1 was active because i cant use more than 1 in one sector. Then i put everywhere truck and i strafe the sh!t out of the enemy :D

And no Clown Car killing them, WTF?
24 Jun 2013, 12:08 PM

i don't know if its bug or not , but when i retreat my units after the strafing run , it pinned them again so i have to retreat them again and again , so this ability makes me every time goes to t3
and build 2 M5 and upgrade them with 120 muni each ( this in 3v3 or 4v4 ) so they begin to take down these planes and i have to take care of them very well , so when they hit vet 3 , they drop every plane like instantly
24 Jun 2013, 13:59 PM

Opel Blitz truck and the Strafe are most certainly broken.

In a team game the truck completely breaks the game. The resource advantages are absurd.

Securing a sector is not out of the question in a 1v1 and the Opel is an easier version that:

1) Gives both resources (+3 Fuel, +6 Muni)
2) Doesn't tie up a pioneer squad for securing
3) Can be moved with proper forewarning of a threat.

It's powerful enough to be viable in 1v1s. I often deploy one after I've won a battle to edge out my opponent in the long term. Particularly when enemy infantry will be shut down past CP3 when Strafe hits the field. The bonus munitions from the Opel Truck will stop any hope of pressuring it with anything other than a tank. I can't really sink ~165/55 fuel on a T-70 with the hope of knocking out a 200 manpower truck that may have already "paid" itself off.

Strafe is just broken. Cheap on it's own, kills and pins infantry, makes multiple runs, -and- scouts the enemy every pass? Utterly absurd.

You don't even need to aim the ability. The strafe "auto locks" on any enemy infantry the plane sees as it passes by. It's dumb. I can't even fathom how this ability made it in as it stands.

With any luck the Day 1 patch I am downloading now will crush this ability into the dirt.

24 Jun 2013, 14:29 PM

In a 1v1 game the Tiger Commander seems fine. But I will say from all the posts that in larger games it may be OP. I did not know you could get more than one OPEL BLitz in a sector. What exactly are the benefits anyway? Whats the munitions/fuel variables when 1 opel blitz is on a point? Remember in a 1v1 its extremely fragile and can be easily destroyed. Its the only commander I use nowadays.

How is the strafe OP?? Don't zerg rush and bunch up your units like idiots and you wont have a problem. The strafing run never seems to even kill anyway, it just pins everyone. I had a game recently with a skilled player who lined up ALL his units just perfectly and the strafing run did its job and pinned them. It came around twice but still only got maybe 1 or 2 guys. If anything make the damn thing stronger!! (maybe less time strafing) Maybe the Ruskies need to learn to get some Anti-Air. Don't let the germans have the skies!!
24 Jun 2013, 15:36 PM

How is the strafe OP?? Don't zerg rush and bunch up your units like idiots and you wont have a problem. The strafing run never seems to even kill anyway, it just pins everyone. I had a game recently with a skilled player who lined up ALL his units just perfectly and the strafing run did its job and pinned them. It came around twice but still only got maybe 1 or 2 guys. If anything make the damn thing stronger!! (maybe less time strafing) Maybe the Ruskies need to learn to get some Anti-Air. Don't let the germans have the skies!!

So you are suggesting, that Soviet players need to spread all of their units thin, forgo their entire positioning options, break their general strategy to build AA Halftracks JUST to deal with a 120 mun ability that comes at 3 CP's?

That sounds OP to me. Even the Recon run is 80 munis (thats, 60% of the Strafe cost), and the other runs are 240 muns. The Stuka divebomb is 160, very powerful, very slow and easy to dodge (this one is virtually undodgeable).

24 Jun 2013, 16:03 PM

No but I appreciate you making a broad assumption trying to completely discredit my argument. I play Sovs, and I have easily dealt with the strafing run. I spread my units when attacking, just like I do with the Ostheer. If the strafing run does come, it WILL pin some units but other will get close enough to make it a fight. Throw in some of the Sovs abilities from the numerous awesome commanders and you have a game. It isn't game breaking, nor is it OP. Just because you had a few games where you played poorly and didn't properly deal with it doesn't make something OP. This goes for ostheer players as well. I use to btch and whine until I realized that things are balanced fairly well so far. There are definite counters to a lot of so-called "OP" units.
Munitions is something very rare to Ostheer, its hard to stack munitions when your trying to get shreks, use fausts for the t34s and t70s, upgrade to LMG42s, use bundled nades, rifle grenades, upgrade tanks, etc.. etc... OP.. No sir... Could it use a time decrease, ill agree...
24 Jun 2013, 17:03 PM

I made no broad assumption, I asked if you were suggesting that: you assumed everyone whining was bunching up their units. You also assumed I am whining because I lost to it. I am mainly an Axis player, so wrong there again (you assumed).

I am not saying it is breaking the game apart. I am simply stating that it gives the ostheer too much bang for its buck, way too early.

Its not impossible to deal with: pintle machine guns and the AA Halftrack will bring it down no problem, but it has very powerful mechanics right now.

*Its the earliest offensive off map call-in in the game, if I'm not mistaken.
*It is only 120 munitions. The Stuka Bomber, which is much easier to predict and dodge is 160 munis (not to mention, is the last doctrinal ability).

What I was saying is: Its imbalanced. Not "OMG THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE NOW!", but OP. Push the CP's up a little, and make it cost 180-200 munis.
24 Jun 2013, 17:41 PM

On another note... I think the stuka dive bomber needs to be buffed.... I was so excited to finally catch an opponent with bunched up tanks on a land bridge I sat and waited for the fireworks... sadly enough the spot on bomb did not destroy any of the sov tanks (2 tank destoyers and 1 with the mutiple abilities *bombard and direct fire).. guys the stuka is a tank destroyer!!!! If caught dead to rights it should have been devastating!!!

Back on topic: I disagree completely. Munitions is hard enough on an ostheer player... up to 140mun and reduce thee time it flies around, this is me trying to find a happy medium, id rather not change it at all since it rarely kills units nor does any dmg to tanks

E
24 Jun 2013, 17:43 PM

dont get me wrong but i dont get all the fuss about this opel, its not much different from the normal observation point, u cant put more then 1 in sector and if u think limiting to 2 will solve everything you completelly wrong, people will just build more op's or in team games u hardly gonna put more then 4 trucks anyway..
i believe it gives u +1fuel and +2munis without difference is the sector with OP or not, on fuel point it gives +2 fuel every 20 seconds or so, if ull decrease resource income it wont be worth getting one, so it will be useless or OP, no other way around it
im not a fan of these extra resources from same sector reminds me of brit bs, but i doubt opel will be gone from the game we like it or not, and its up to relic really they want people to build it or be to underused unit like wehr officer was in vcoh
24 Jun 2013, 18:20 PM

Stuka Dive Bomb is not meant to destroy the enemy's army, no matter what the real stuka dive bomber was for. Its meant to cause serious damage to the enemy forces (it does very good damage to tanks). I have destroyed many tanks that didn't move away form it, but its also very useful to make gaps in AT walls, strong well-defended buildings, etc.

Munitions are very important for the Ostheer, but not all abilities are supposed to be powerful because they "kill". I would rather earn map control thanks to an ability, and strafing run allows for just that. If you cut the Soviet's mobility, their army is as good as dead.
25 Jun 2013, 07:57 AM

No but I appreciate you making a broad assumption trying to completely discredit my argument. I play Sovs, and I have easily dealt with the strafing run. I spread my units when attacking, just like I do with the Ostheer. If the strafing run does come, it WILL pin some units but other will get close enough to make it a fight. Throw in some of the Sovs abilities from the numerous awesome commanders and you have a game. It isn't game breaking, nor is it OP. Just because you had a few games where you played poorly and didn't properly deal with it doesn't make something OP. This goes for ostheer players as well. I use to btch and whine until I realized that things are balanced fairly well so far. There are definite counters to a lot of so-called "OP" units.
Munitions is something very rare to Ostheer, its hard to stack munitions when your trying to get shreks, use fausts for the t34s and t70s, upgrade to LMG42s, use bundled nades, rifle grenades, upgrade tanks, etc.. etc... OP.. No sir... Could it use a time decrease, ill agree...

You Sir are either retarded or have never played this game.
25 Jun 2013, 08:31 AM

It lasts way too long and is pretty hard to shoot down. I dont expect expensive cannon strafes or bombing runs to be shot down every time, but a cheap loitering strafe should go down pretty easily if you have AA in the right spot.
25 Jun 2013, 13:27 PM

You Sir are either retarded or have never played this game.

sigh.. Buzz off kid...
25 Jun 2013, 16:07 PM

After playing as this and against this a bit, I think that the strafing run needs to be changed and the Opel Blitz limited to 1.

How I'd change the strafing run: Decrease the cost to 75 or so and make it 1 pass only. That way it is a great counter for infantry by pinning or suppressing the infantry around the target area without flying all over the map and destroying stuff.
25 Jun 2013, 17:12 PM

What has the day 1 patch changed?
25 Jun 2013, 17:16 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Nothing, the day 1 patch went live in beta.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment