Login

russian armor

Opel Blitz Commander

26 Jun 2013, 00:19 AM

Shock Troops should cost again 360MP with possible PPsh upgrade for 60 MU

About Opel Blitz doc

How much Truck costs? 200MP? if you call it early you are slightly backteched becasue you spend resources on fightingless truck that is easily destroyed by anything now

Arty officer? i think it's like a grenadier squad

Strafing run - this shit is OP because it pins everything and has a HUGE attack range, but IMO it should rather kill units than pin them and be active for like only 45 seconds

Tiger - nothing to say

Fragmentation bombs - kinda useless ability because it's dropping flares like 2 seconds before it appears on map

-The truck isn't an early game item, its more for early-middle to late game despite being 1 cp. You can put it anywhere in a territory or hide it to be able to react to any opel hunters. The setup time generally means it won't be able to escape. It has a significant impact on fuel gains and will generally let you outperform armorwise, assuming you don't fuck up. In team games every teammate shares the fuel bonus, too, making this 200mp investment powerful for ramping up fuel production. A player can get up to 8 of them out (if you ever worried about the limit).

-Arty officer is pretty much a grenadier squad but has 3 powers
1)imo the most valuable for all stages of the game is the accuracy and rate of fire aura buff which is fairly powerful (and affects vehicles, too)
2)a smoke arty barrage, alright if you want to assault an mg position without being suppressed (and don't want to divert or invest in a mortar team smoke) otherwise its forgettable
3)the last power is a tad confusing but secretly pretty powerful for late game panzerwerfer users, it engages a barrage of all of your on-map artillery (which with this commander will only be panzerwerfers and mortars) units will move to range as if they were given a barrage order and can be canceled for units you do not wish to fire. This barrage ignores cooldowns, so you can use this ability and then after the volley fire the unit's own barrage again allowing you to "double up" your panzerwerfers.

-Strafing run will guarantee that any opponent focuses on using infantry (see: any russian player ever) will have a rough time. The power does telegraph with flares, but its quick enough and so large in range that infantry oorahing away will still be instantly pinned. I have yet to see one of my AA half tracks successfully shoot down one of those planes, and if my troops were engaged once initially pinned, enemy troops sustaining fire will keep them pinned or suppressed. The damage done on a sustained run is not insignificant, either, so field guns must take care, too. Good for base-smashing as the suppression is constantly reapplied.
120 munitions, 3 command points, cooldown barely exceeding its uptime. I think it is overpowered.

-Tiger yeah nothing to say

-Fragmentation bomb telegraphs just as much as an arty call in, but delivers the payload all at once, capable of wiping out infantry squads but merely stunning tanks for little to no damage. It is a bit redundant given the power of strafing run. Not bad if you see a line of field guns you want disappeared.
26 Jun 2013, 02:53 AM

I am getting so fuckiing tired of winning in the early game to early mid game by either a small or large margin and then POP out comes a tank thanks to the truck.... and there goes the game. they are able to match my teching when im winning and then easily get the into the lead of hte fuel war and its all over.

I maintain my fuel point and im constantly cutting there's off or decapping it and yet they still win the fuel war.

I cant even play 1v1's anymore it is so damn ridiculous at least with every other op unit like the flame half track, early beta mortar you could do something about it, but if i have o send a unit of on scout duty to kill trucks i am left with dwindled forces in the main engagements or that units gets killed by a scout car chasing it down... and everytime you come to a critical inf battle they just pin your entire army or force you to split up your army which gets picked off

how the hell do you win vs this commander (with out being pro)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★