Login

russian armor

Opel Blitz Commander

23 Jun 2013, 11:39 AM

This has to be the biggest load of rubbish so far in COH2. This Commander is that fucking OP you can outplay your opponent all game, control all the fuel for the majority of the game but yet he can still match you for teching because of the stupid fucking trucks. They can have a P4 out by the time your first T34 arrives, simply by using the trucks.

Why would anyone want to go any other Commander right now?

Talking about 1v1 and 2v2 here.
23 Jun 2013, 11:48 AM

Why would anyone want to go any other Commander right now?

If they've not unlocked it yet :P
23 Jun 2013, 12:09 PM

Opel blitz truck is OP, I agree. It should be nerfed.
23 Jun 2013, 12:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

who would've thought a truck is winning the war.
23 Jun 2013, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2013, 12:16 PMSpanky
who would've thought a truck is winning the war.

yea i tried this doc today and i got 1000 ammo income per minute in a 4v4 all of us had that truck on each point xD

this unarmed truck as spanky says wins the war but atleast now i got something to answer those M3s
23 Jun 2013, 12:28 PM

Is this for 1v1 or team games? The OP thing about this doctrine I notice in 1v1 ain't the Opel Blitz trucks but that strafe ability. 120 munitions for something that gives you full map control for 45 seconds? Wow. The ability is active for 30secs but it always seem to go for 1-3 strafes after it has finished. o.O
23 Jun 2013, 12:42 PM

Is this for 1v1 or team games? The OP thing about this doctrine I notice in 1v1 ain't the Opel Blitz trucks but that strafe ability. 120 munitions for something that gives you full map control for 45 seconds? Wow. The ability is active for 30secs but it always seem to go for 1-3 strafes after it has finished. o.O

You're right. It has the Opel Blitz trucks that increase fuel/muni income. Then you have that bullshit strafing run as you say, then to top it all off they can call in a Tiger. Just absolute retardedness (I know that's not a word) but seriously WTF are Sega doing with this game.

I am neither a Sovite or German fan, I play both factions, but Germans with Opel Blitz Commander are fucking retardly (again not a word) good. It's just too easy to win as Germans, you just had to hold your one fuel and build some P4's that beat everything except SU85's and you will win. Thrown in some PGrens to roll over Zis AT Guns and Russian infantry and you're sweet.

What the fuck is the go with Shock Troops costing 480mp. PGrens stand up to them and they cost 360mp and get upgrade to Shreks. This latest patch is the most retarded of them all so far, they don't seem to be getting anything right balance wise due to the balance actually being a lot worse now then it was when it started.
23 Jun 2013, 12:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The thing is, all the other ostheer doctrines have very limited/no effect. The blitz truck is the only one that helps in nearly all situations.
23 Jun 2013, 13:42 PM

In closed, I've heard there were problems with this doctrine.

But yeah, not great to hear there's still massive problems.
23 Jun 2013, 14:07 PM

soviet doctrines: all are used to effect, all are useful.

german doctrines: all crap except for 2 or 3 elements of the rank 45 doctrine which most players haven't unlocked yet.

keep tellin' yourselves you're getting wrong-done-by, tovarishes, see how long that lasts you

23 Jun 2013, 17:36 PM

When ever I play against a German level 45 or higher I do expect them to go Opel Blitz which then automatically tells me I have about 20 mins (at most) to win the game (so take the whole map and have a lot of Anti tank).

To achieve this in 1v1 I typically go Shock rifle (why not go one of the guard commanders? I think button is stupid) I know I have not hope of getting an IS2 out so its all about the flame KV-8 and stealth AT guns. Early game 4 or 5 conscripts and shock troops if I ever float enough MP. Then a fast AT gun and then pretty much just KV-8s and SU-85s (if I have not taken out a tank or 2 before i can pump out a SU-85 I have probably lost). Generally I try to hit the trucks with my AT gun arty where ever I can because you cant afford to let them tick over.

Ways to fix the Truck issue is to reduce its bonus by about 25% at a guess and to limit it to only 2 on the field at any time. To fix the strafing run it needs its AOE to be made a bit smaller and lower its suppression rate.
23 Jun 2013, 17:39 PM

and what would you do with the other German shit doctrines?
23 Jun 2013, 17:42 PM

Wow. I did not realise you can place more than 1 on the same sector :O

Opels do die extremely quickly though, so if you do know they have them you can always do a quick conscript or t70 rush on them. They take like 3 seconds to pack up and move, more than enough time for an engine crit/kill. Some sectors though they could be hard to rush since its in the Ostheer vision pockets.
23 Jun 2013, 18:06 PM
Patrion 14

120 munitions for something that gives you full map control for 45 seconds? Wow.

QFT.

This commander is a guilty pleasure, although I don't think it shines in 1 v 1 as much as bigger games when it's a complete win button (just played a 4 v 4 where two Opels allowed me to spam 2 Tigers. Cheesy? Sure. Fun. You betchya!).

Given the fragility of the Opel, though, in 1 v 1 it's very vulnerable. A lone M3 or one squad of scripts can take it out easily.

But, yeah, that Stuka cover is awesome, I'd raise it to 200 munis so you use it more selectively.
23 Jun 2013, 18:57 PM

I think it is too strong but by contrast, the other Ostheer commanders are too weak and too bland.
I really think the other commanders should be changed to make them more interesting when they change the lvl 45 commander. Simply nerfing this single doctrine simply won't do it.
23 Jun 2013, 20:06 PM

i very much like this commander
23 Jun 2013, 20:52 PM

What the fuck is the go with Shock Troops costing 480mp. PGrens stand up to them and they cost 360mp and get upgrade to Shreks. This latest patch is the most retarded of them all so far, they don't seem to be getting anything right balance wise due to the balance actually being a lot worse now then it was when it started.

are you seriouse ? about shock troops and pgrens ? dude how much played this game ? shocktroops come way earlier and already upgraded they are like 6men knightcross and already OP vs any infantry not even a vet3 grenadier in cover can beat them whats up with you ? you need 2 pgrens to beat one shocktroop

ofcourse i agree about the german retard doc , unlike all other german docs this guy has 5 VERY GOOD abilities. the strafe is a joke so is the opel truck it should be limited to 1 per player
23 Jun 2013, 20:55 PM

Shock Troops should cost again 360MP with possible PPsh upgrade for 60 MU

About Opel Blitz doc

How much Truck costs? 200MP? if you call it early you are slightly backteched becasue you spend resources on fightingless truck that is easily destroyed by anything now

Arty officer? i think it's like a grenadier squad

Strafing run - this shit is OP because it pins everything and has a HUGE attack range, but IMO it should rather kill units than pin them and be active for like only 45 seconds

Tiger - nothing to say

Fragmentation bombs - kinda useless ability because it's dropping flares like 2 seconds before it appears on map
23 Jun 2013, 21:04 PM

Shock Troops should cost again 360MP with possible PPsh upgrade for 60 MU

About Opel Blitz doc

How much Truck costs? 200MP? if you call it early you are slightly backteched becasue you spend resources on fightingless truck that is easily destroyed by anything now

Arty officer? i think it's like a grenadier squad

Strafing run - this shit is OP because it pins everything and has a HUGE attack range, but IMO it should rather kill units than pin them and be active for like only 45 seconds

Tiger - nothing to say

Fragmentation bombs - kinda useless ability because it's dropping flares like 2 seconds before it appears on map

and less armor and health
23 Jun 2013, 23:04 PM

I think it is too strong but by contrast, the other Ostheer commanders are too weak and too bland.
I really think the other commanders should be changed to make them more interesting when they change the lvl 45 commander. Simply nerfing this single doctrine simply won't do it.

Just to that quote:

Kinda true, the Opel Blitz commander's great (haven't played it myself), I think there are two other commanders I'd consider picking throughout the game

The Ostruppen (AWM for infantry - and you don't have to lose a squad just 4 men) and it has sector artillery which is great!

And Jaeger infantry if you're going for the T1 Gren spam - the G43 really does round off the Grens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★