Login

russian armor

Heavy Royal Engineering upgrade

19 Oct 2015, 19:14 PM

60 muni per squad to make my sappers rifle nade and crush bait? I don't think so jim

I only bother upgrading one or two squads for the repairs, mobility is everything in this game (especially 1vs1's).

l2p OP, blobbing as brits is just dumb. Especially as IS and sappers are only competent fighting from cover with their received bonuses.
19 Oct 2015, 19:36 PM

It definitely needs to cost something. It's a FREE upgrade that dramatically increases their combat power making them win against far more expensive squads.

The excuse that they can't dodge nades is a pretty bad one, as it means you opponent has to invest munitions into every engagement just to win fights against a 210 mp unit.

In addition it speeds up their repair speed - also for free. This helps them to outrepair their opponents in late game tank engagements.

By saving a lot of munitions as a brit player you can easily afford yourself to invest all of your munitions into OP offmap strikes.

It's not free: They pay 200/50 for it in tier 3.

Are we also going to bitch about war speed being free too?

Just think of it as sappers becoming a new unit with the purchase of anvil. The only reason it has to be upgraded on a squad basis is because of how Relic's shit works.

19 Oct 2015, 21:25 PM

It's not free: They pay 200/50 for it in tier 3.

Are we also going to bitch about war speed being free too?

Just think of it as sappers becoming a new unit with the purchase of anvil. The only reason it has to be upgraded on a squad basis is because of how Relic's shit works.

It is more like cost to compensate it only have 3 tires instead of 4. i think the T2 and T3 upgrade is just for unlock special tanks/ability for T4, it is not really more expansive compare to other faction who need to tech to T4.

The other faction unlock T4 and get better infantry and need spend MP to call it in, This is free upgrade for a T2 unit that is only 210mp to become way stronger unit with better almost everything except speed. (it proformance is like shock and obers combine with slower speed. which other two units are all over 400mp
19 Oct 2015, 23:21 PM

It is more like cost to compensate it only have 3 tires instead of 4.

No, it isn't. It unlocks one expensive unit for purchase (Either a 500/185 comet or a 540/150 churchill). It's there to offer tech diversity since everyone else has far more options about how they choose to tech and you choose between supergrenades + super speed or heavy engineers. Heavy Engineers are good, but if you had to pay munitions for the upgrade it would be much less appealing to go Anvil spec. It's not comparable to a Tier 4 at all.

At the end of the day, there's a billion ways to counter a strict anti-infantry unit in that stage of the game. Yeah, they're really good against other infantry in a shoot out, but that's about it. They're vulnerable to tanks, indirect fire, grenades or even suppression since they can't move fast enough to flank machine gun teams. They're a defensive unit in a defensive specialization on a defensive unit. 200/50 is already a pretty hefty cost for what it gives. That's more than half the cost of a centaur or almost half of a Cromwell, which could have a much bigger impact.

20 Oct 2015, 02:02 AM

No, it isn't. It unlocks one expensive unit for purchase (Either a 500/185 comet or a 540/150 churchill). It's there to offer tech diversity since everyone else has far more options about how they choose to tech and you choose between supergrenades + super speed or heavy engineers. Heavy Engineers are good, but if you had to pay munitions for the upgrade it would be much less appealing to go Anvil spec. It's not comparable to a Tier 4 at all.

At the end of the day, there's a billion ways to counter a strict anti-infantry unit in that stage of the game. Yeah, they're really good against other infantry in a shoot out, but that's about it. They're vulnerable to tanks, indirect fire, grenades or even suppression since they can't move fast enough to flank machine gun teams. They're a defensive unit in a defensive specialization on a defensive unit. 200/50 is already a pretty hefty cost for what it gives. That's more than half the cost of a centaur or almost half of a Cromwell, which could have a much bigger impact.

200/50 is not only for the heavy Royal Engineering, but also a cheap Heavy tank. Today my chuchill 1 on 3 P4 and killed all 3 of them, also a pretty dam strong art for 50mu per use. if you think the 0 upgrade price should stay then the new sq of Royal Engineering after upgrade should cost 340-360 to compensate it as elite infantry. also increase its reinforcement price. 210mp elite infantry? that is really dirt cheap.

also i only find them very slow in combat and other times their speed feels fine, and their retreat speed is fast as everyone else. but they are long range elite infantry, they start firing at beginning of engagement don't need to push in, it have 2 armor so it can stand up to the small arm fire, also since they are slow they won't need cover, which means no model hugging which reduce the damage they taken from nades too the most I see is 1 nade kill 2 models when they are in open.

In a game today two heavy Royal engineering i had fight off 3 LMG gren and a engineering(no flame) blob and wiped 1 of the LMG gren sq with lose only 4 models in the shoot out (3 on 1 sq it retreated and 1 on the 2nd sq). so i used 420mp+240mu infantry and win a fight with 920mp+180mu infantry. i don't think it is fine at all. at least i can't do the same thing with commandos.
20 Oct 2015, 02:50 AM

200/50 is not only for the heavy Royal Engineering, but also a cheap Heavy tank. Today my chuchill 1 on 3 P4 and killed all 3 of them, also a pretty dam strong art for 50mu per use. if you think the 0 upgrade price should stay then the new sq of Royal Engineering after upgrade should cost 340-360 to compensate it as elite infantry. also increase its reinforcement price. 210mp elite infantry? that is really dirt cheap.

also i only find them very slow in combat and other times their speed feels fine, and their retreat speed is fast as everyone else. but they are long range elite infantry, they start firing at beginning of engagement don't need to push in, it have 2 armor so it can stand up to the small arm fire, also since they are slow they won't need cover, which means no model hugging which reduce the damage they taken from nades too the most I see is 1 nade kill 2 models when they are in open.

In a game today two heavy Royal engineering i had fight off 3 LMG gren and a engineering(no flame) blob and wiped 1 of the LMG gren sq with lose only 4 models in the shoot out (3 on 1 sq it retreated and 1 on the 2nd sq). so i used 420mp+240mu infantry and win a fight with 920mp+180mu infantry. i don't think it is fine at all. at least i can't do the same thing with commandos.

Three PZ4 get smashed by a single slow-as-turtle Churchill? That dude should've delete the game. Besides, Churchill is already double(HP/Armor) nerfed in the patch note, your soreness needs to stop.

Have you ever tried to use rifle grenade on heavy engineers? If not, please use rifle grenade before you post something like this.
20 Oct 2015, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 02:50 AMUGBEAR

Three PZ4 get smashed by a single slow-as-turtle Churchill? That dude should've delete the game. Besides, Churchill is already double(HP/Armor) nerfed in the patch note, your soreness needs to stop.

Have you ever tried to use rifle grenade on heavy engineers? If not, please use rifle grenade before you post something like this.

I did eat rifle nades quite a lot last few days, most it kill 3 model when my sq is around half health, because once i upgrade them in to HRE i never let them in cover fire, when ever it is at engagement, they just fire where where they stand, instead moving around to find cover.

btw I do play with the preview patch, so i think the nerf already applied right?
20 Oct 2015, 06:22 AM

200/50 is not only for the heavy Royal Engineering, but also a cheap Heavy tank. Today my chuchill 1 on 3 P4 and killed all 3 of them

Lets see the replay.
20 Oct 2015, 13:44 PM

I don't think Sapper blob is a problem for the Brits. We don't need to change anything that isn't broken right now.
20 Oct 2015, 13:47 PM

Yeah, lets nerf anvil even more, because making Churchill into glorified KV-1 of end tech wasn't enough to make 100% of brit players to go for Comet and never look back at anvil again. :snfBarton:

Alpha flashback when churchill had comet cost anyone? :foreveralone:
20 Oct 2015, 15:34 PM

After fixing early gmae stuff (IS cheaper reinforce , better WASP, better countesnipe options) i think we can now start slowly nerfing their late game power.

Just think guys.
You get LMG + 2.0 armor (shocks have 1.5 correct me if im wrong) faster repair in exchage for slower in combat speed.

I thing that slowing is fine in exchange of armor and repair (okw need to pay for reparing faster ) so giving it a 40 munny cost will be fine (for lmg).

Also when they are in cover with 3 lmgs and 5 men they are like pre nerf OBERS for 120 munny and 210 mapower.

Once agains why the hell you want to move and TRIPLE lmg squad when they fight longer than 3 seconds (until oyu get then to heavy cover)
20 Oct 2015, 15:36 PM

Lets see the replay.

here is the video, it is not 100% 1 on 3 but my Churchill is nearly half health to begin with, full health prob able to take them on.

21 Oct 2015, 00:52 AM

here is the video, it is not 100% 1 on 3 but my Churchill is nearly half health to begin with, full health prob able to take them on.

Looks balanced to me.

I mean in terms of what he is spending on a Churchill it should be able to kill 3 Panzer IV's in a 3 on 1 situation. Otherwise what is the point of building a Churchill? If it dies he won't be able to get 2 -4, and then the British would be in danger of having no chance at a lategame win. Plus it's not like he has any decent alternate AT options that would justify nerfing the Churchill, the 6 pounder and firefly both suffer from lack of penetration and basically suck.

On top of that economically Germans are already OP in the mid and late game due to *ultra cheap* teching costs, so British need the Churchill to have more health than a Kingtiger for incrementally more fuel than the cost of a single Panzer IV in order to compete.

I don't know why people bother posting these ludicrous examples of balance working as intended.
21 Oct 2015, 05:07 AM

Permanently Banned

Looks balanced to me.

I mean in terms of what he is spending on a Churchill it should be able to kill 3 Panzer IV's in a 3 on 1 situation. Otherwise what is the point of building a Churchill? If it dies he won't be able to get 2 -4, and then the British would be in danger of having no chance at a lategame win. Plus it's not like he has any decent alternate AT options that would justify nerfing the Churchill, the 6 pounder and firefly both suffer from lack of penetration and basically suck.

On top of that economically Germans are already OP in the mid and late game due to *ultra cheap* teching costs, so British need the Churchill to have more health than a Kingtiger for incrementally more fuel than the cost of a single Panzer IV in order to compete.

I don't know why people bother posting these ludicrous examples of balance working as intended.

lol just lol my sides, I can't tell if this is all pure sarcasm.
21 Oct 2015, 06:08 AM

Looks balanced to me.

There's a lot we could pick apart here as false, but I'll just start with the 6pdr being a statistically better PaK40 clone.
21 Oct 2015, 06:28 AM
Patrion 14

Stuff

Well written river of pure cynicism. I like that.
21 Oct 2015, 09:20 AM

Looks balanced to me.

Nicely written. Remeber the rule of thumb in this forum : if it's britz it's not broken
21 Oct 2015, 09:24 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 13:47 PMKatitof
Yeah, lets nerf anvil even more, because making Churchill into glorified KV-1 of end tech wasn't enough to make 100% of brit players to go for Comet and never look back at anvil again. :snfBarton:

Alpha flashback when churchill had comet cost anyone? :foreveralone:

KV1 isn't that bad when rushed, comes at 8cp. Am I the only one that likes the KV1 :guyokay:?
21 Oct 2015, 09:26 AM

Permanently Banned

Looks balanced to me.

I mean in terms of what he is spending on a Churchill it should be able to kill 3 Panzer IV's in a 3 on 1 situation.

Plus it's not like he has any decent alternate AT options that would justify nerfing the Churchill, the 6 pounder and firefly both suffer from lack of penetration and basically suck.

Lol
21 Oct 2015, 12:49 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 10:05 AMwillyto
It's not free. You're paying MP and Fuel for it.
This argument sort of sounds like having your cake and eating it too. If Royal Engies are what you pay for by researching Hammer, does that mean that Churchill unlock, Airburst shells and increased LOS around points come free of charge?

No. Hammer is already useful, and would arguably be useful even if it unlocked Churchills alone (as a sort of a T4 building for Brits).

You pay manpower and fuel not for Heavy Engineers, but for an entire array of stuff varying from not very useful to insanely useful (Churchill unlock, Heavy Engies unlock). Considering what you get for the upgrade, it is not really fair to justify everything the Heavy Engineers do with "Hammer costs fuel and manpower". Well, so does Battle Phase III, which gives nothing to Grenadiers, Pioniere, or PzGrens.

I would pay good ammo per squad for the insane repair ability alone, and count myself lucky.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★