Login

russian armor

Heavy Royal Engineering upgrade

19 Oct 2015, 00:46 AM

I think Heavy Engineering upgrade should have 60mu cost instead of free.

I been using Heavy Engineering blob the pass few days, (like 3-4 Heavy Engineering) and only get 1 IS with medic.

This thing drop german Infantry and weapon team like flies, yes it is pretty expansive to get it, and pretty late. Heavy Royal Engineering upgrade from T3 and 2 Vickers 120mu

but Royal engineer with 2 vickers and Heavy Royal Engineering with 3 Vickers (1 from free upgrade) are totally different unit. it is feel like obers and shock combine, it charge with your Churchill tanks (tank soak damage), the HRE can easily wipe pak crew, or shreck sq. and repair the Churchill tank with lighting speed then keep pushing, think its 0 cost upgrade give you a total new unit. is kind too cheap, maybe should give a upgrade cost for the extra vickers (which is a better vicker).
19 Oct 2015, 00:57 AM

Yes, let's make anvil even worse :romeoPls:
19 Oct 2015, 03:57 AM

ISG kills Heavy Enginner even faster than IS with the reduced speed. With future Churchill nerf, Heavy Engie is the only good thing for Anvil.
19 Oct 2015, 04:19 AM

It slows them down significantly.

It's fine as free imo.
19 Oct 2015, 04:27 AM
Patrion 14

You trade of the speed for the best infantry armor in the game. At least you should have to pay something for the LMG.

I find myself a lot floating munitions as brits (even with upgraded infantry). So I guess a cost of 30-50 mun per upgrade would be fine.

19 Oct 2015, 04:31 AM

they can't dodge grenade except retreating, I think they are fine yet Churchill suffer from a HP/Armor double nerf, Comet got no projectile to attack panzer w/smoke, you got to make Anvil or Hammer somewhat useful
19 Oct 2015, 04:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 04:27 AMSikko
You trade of the speed for the best infantry armor in the game. At least you should have to pay something for the LMG.

I find myself a lot floating munitions as brits (even with upgraded infantry). So I guess a cost of 30-50 mun per upgrade would be fine.

Brits floating munition? What happen to this forum
19 Oct 2015, 04:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 04:34 AMUGBEAR

Brits floating munition? What happen to this forum

You are playing them wrong if ever wasting ammo on something outside mines/sweepers/sniper crit shot/commando grenades. Conserving ammo for op late game air strikes far more rewarding than any amount of weapons upgrades brits can possibly get.

Royal engies with 3 vickers drop them a lot, but, they are insanely powerful and insanely cheap to reinforce on top of that.

And dont forget about anvil arty, its crazy cost efficient for 50 ammo.
19 Oct 2015, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 04:27 AMSikko

+1
19 Oct 2015, 09:32 AM

It definitely needs to cost something. It's a FREE upgrade that dramatically increases their combat power making them win against far more expensive squads.

The excuse that they can't dodge nades is a pretty bad one, as it means you opponent has to invest munitions into every engagement just to win fights against a 210 mp unit.

In addition it speeds up their repair speed - also for free. This helps them to outrepair their opponents in late game tank engagements.

By saving a lot of munitions as a brit player you can easily afford yourself to invest all of your munitions into OP offmap strikes.
19 Oct 2015, 10:05 AM
Patrion 15

It's not free. You're paying MP and Fuel for it.
19 Oct 2015, 10:50 AM

The excuse that they can't dodge nades is a pretty bad one, as it means you opponent has to invest munitions into every engagement just to win fights against a 210 mp unit.

it also mean that the sapper can't rush and are easy to catch with mortars, mg, and LeiG. Have anyone try to run over heavy sapper with a tank? I'm guessing the slower speed also make them vulnerable to crushing.

I'm still wary of giving the heavy sapper a cost if it's going to make them vulnerable to everything except for small arms. Maybe 30-45 mu at most.
19 Oct 2015, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 13:08 PMpugzii

SERIOUSLY how are you a strategist

The job was open, he applied to it, he is a fairly high ranked player, and I'm sure that 9/10 times he could beat the crap out of me or you on a 1v1.

I kinda agree with him, but I'd put the price tag a little lower than Firesparks proposed - 20 muni
19 Oct 2015, 14:16 PM

Ive tried using them a few times, theyr not all that great ? Maybe if you get to more up guns sure.. in a blob ? But your gonna have to wait a half an hour for then 2nd engagement after they retreated.
19 Oct 2015, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 10:05 AMwillyto
It's not free. You're paying MP and Fuel for it.

and for other abilities as well as its intended design is a teching which other faction also pay for..??
19 Oct 2015, 15:08 PM

They are SOOO slow tho, the only way to use them efficiently is for defense (hence anvil tactics).
19 Oct 2015, 15:12 PM

seriously no1 fucking blobs these because they would die in 1 panzerwerfer barrage they move so slow, lets not kneejerk and nerf more pointless brit units
19 Oct 2015, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 15:12 PMpugzii
seriously no1 fucking blobs these because they would die in 1 panzerwerfer barrage they move so slow, lets not kneejerk and nerf more pointless brit units

I blobed and wins couple games, not every OH get panzerwerfer, specially now UKF goes for Centaur first then follow by Churchill, so the chance see panzerwerfer show up usually after 2 p4 or a panther, so i think it won't make much difference since panzerwerfer will show up really late. also it is not nerf all stats stays same, this thing is only 210mp and reinforce cheap why have a free upgrade that significantly buff it. 60mu maybe too much but 30-40mu should be fine.
19 Oct 2015, 19:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It should cost something. At the expense of less mobility, you are getting 2.0 armor, LMG and faster repair on a cheap platform. Something as low as 30muni would do it.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★