Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing performance discussion

16 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Whats going to happen: 1) Relic wants to milk the fanboys
2) They release commanders OP as hell for a whole month
3) 1 month because they don't want to start losing the playerbase
4) They balance it after a month of receiving fanboy money.

You forgot the bit where:

a) Everyone plays it because it's new
b) Nobody knows how to counter it yet
c) People start QQing that it's OP because everyone is using it and they don't want to adjust their playstyle to counter it.

I already know that is what's going to happen, and I'm not going to make any judgement on it either way for at least a fortnight after it comes out and probably not evern then
16 Oct 2015, 12:22 PM

You failed for the bait

I considered all circumstances, I've never seen a troll with such a long internship, and even if he's not serious, I haven't lost my mind :snfPeter: pls go back to reddit or other 4chins and post your dank memes there :snfPeter:
16 Oct 2015, 12:52 PM

Guys this is a USF unit we are talking about here. Going by relics record in designing their units, it's almost guaranteed to be both overpriced and underpowered. It'll probably be worse then a comet and cost the price of a Tiger.
16 Oct 2015, 12:54 PM

Permanently Banned
With the M26 Pershing commander coming im curious at statistic wise of how effective it will be in-game. it is obvious that it can take more hits than a sherman there's no denying that but can it with support from infantry, armor and AT go toe to toe against the better axis armor? what are your thoughts?

No matter how well it will perform: It wont be good enough for you.

#fact

/endoftopic
16 Oct 2015, 13:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Whats going to happen: 1) Relic wants to milk the fanboys
2) They release commanders OP as hell for a whole month
3) 1 month because they don't want to start losing the playerbase
4) They balance it after a month of receiving fanboy money.

:clap:
16 Oct 2015, 13:32 PM

Yea if the Pershing performance and stats are like Panther's, I would not want a heavy tank limit on this.
16 Oct 2015, 13:46 PM

I think it will be like an Is2.
16 Oct 2015, 14:33 PM

That doesn't make any sense, if its not going to have the same stats as a heavy tank it shouldn't be limit to one tank. That is a poor excuse, if that is what you're going to use then they could easily tie it to tech or increase the cp requirements.

but its unfair for axis players to face such op tanks. axis have to prepare their strategy and make some tactical decisions to get their tanks out so they should be rewarded with calling in the best tanks as its historycally acurate.
allies just have to camp points with better infantry, until they can build tank blob and crush germans that have weaker infatry and heavy lack of menpower
16 Oct 2015, 14:42 PM

I think i completly missed the point of the tread...
Are you guys talking about a unit that isnt even implemented in the game and having a balance discussion about it?
Without ANY information about stats/role/price?

Please explain me...
16 Oct 2015, 14:42 PM
Patrion 15

Since there is no info at all on it right now try looking at the coh1 implementation. Roughly equal to a tiger, 1 available, much better than a panther.

Though panthers in coh2 are much stronger than coh1 I expect this to still be true for the coh2 persh.
16 Oct 2015, 14:49 PM

Pershing is not true heavy tank, therefore it should be treated like something between medium and heavy.

HP: 800 (1040 with vet 2).
Armor: 300-340.
Slower than Tiger.
Should be better than Panther for AI, but worse than Tiger.
Turret rotation should be very good, way faste than Tiger's.
Medicore penetration, like 180/200/220.
40 range, 50 with vet 2.

But that's just my opinion.

It would beat the Tiger I in every regard besides mobility in terrain if it was realistic. True heavy tank or not, it doesnt matter.
16 Oct 2015, 15:11 PM

It would beat the Tiger I in every regard besides mobility in terrain if it was realistic. True heavy tank or not, it doesnt matter.

Pershing was actually classified as a medium tank but later reclassified to Heavy to boost morale/propaganda.
16 Oct 2015, 15:31 PM

I agree that Pershing was better than Tiger I, but we are talking here about mostly balance just with little touch of history :)
16 Oct 2015, 15:37 PM

Dear The Big Red 1,

please be kind and stop posting forever. If we took Katitof's bias and converted JohnnyB's bias to allied side, then added one to the another, we'd have your fanboism. What's more, your continuous butthurt about axis heavies, which is unreasonable because of adequate allied at, is making me (and probably not only me) rather sick.

In the name of all who are irritated by your presence, please stop.

Frankly, me

lol ur feedback is duly noted but sadly im going to have to decline your threat.
16 Oct 2015, 15:44 PM

I hope this is b8
16 Oct 2015, 15:49 PM

I hope this is b8

no its not im trying to do a guessing game discussion on whether the pershing will perform as it is intended to be
16 Oct 2015, 15:59 PM

While I frankly find speculating like this pointless, I will contribute to the discussion with how I would like to see the Pershing implemented: Similar to the Comet, but slower and with better AT, Armour and Health (possibly more expensive). It would NOT have a limit of one, but would be buildable from Major tier, possibly with requirement of all three tiers unlocked, or a CP requirement to it's buildable unlock, unlike M4A3E8/T34-85.
16 Oct 2015, 16:12 PM

no it should not be like comet/panther, it should be different. as discussed earlier, main objective is being a damage sponge and a combined arms unit. Coment tank isn't a combined arms unit at all and panther also not that much.

pershing tank alone should not be very useful, but combined with a faster tank for flanking and guarded by some inf --> powerful!

it should be a mix between firefly and churchill.

slow
thick armor
powerful gun
no AI

no AI ? ok :clap:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %