Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing performance discussion

16 Oct 2015, 03:08 AM

With the M26 Pershing commander coming im curious at statistic wise of how effective it will be in-game. it is obvious that it can take more hits than a sherman there's no denying that but can it with support from infantry, armor and AT go toe to toe against the better axis armor? what are your thoughts?
16 Oct 2015, 03:11 AM

???

Wait and see??
16 Oct 2015, 03:13 AM

This thread is at least two weeks too premature. What's the point of fear mongering, man? Ideally thread should be locked, but who am I kidding, it's gonna blow up to 20 pages with people saying "Pershing OP" ...
16 Oct 2015, 03:15 AM

lol i just like speculating and guessing it makes things more interesting and productive
16 Oct 2015, 03:17 AM

Whats going to happen: 1) Relic wants to milk the fanboys
2) They release commanders OP as hell for a whole month
3) 1 month because they don't want to start losing the playerbase
4) They balance it after a month of receiving fanboy money.
16 Oct 2015, 03:19 AM

My expectations are that the Pershing will be similar to the Comet, but will have a slightly greater penetration since it carries a 90mm gun and the Comet uses a 77mm. Those are my thoughts on it. Other than that, I don't have much else to say.
16 Oct 2015, 03:21 AM

lol like the IS-2? just hope relic keeps the survivability intact USF already have tanks that can't withstand the axis AT or armor whose guns are the size of telephone poles
16 Oct 2015, 03:24 AM

My expectations are that the Pershing will be similar to the Comet, but will have a slightly greater penetration since it carries a 90mm gun and the Comet uses a 77mm. Those are my thoughts on it. Other than that, I don't have much else to say.

thats good to know armor and firepower to be on par against axis heavies
16 Oct 2015, 03:24 AM

It should be like the comet/panther imo. A clunky slow ass tank just doesn't fit the USF faction.

Additionally it needs to be limited to one and vehicle crews need to be disabled for the Pershing so you can't bypass the limit.
16 Oct 2015, 03:26 AM

It should be like the comet/panther imo. A clunky slow ass tank just doesn't fit the USF faction.

Additionally it needs to be limited to one and vehicle crews need to be disabled for the Pershing so you can't bypass the limit.

i dont know about that since OKW can build more than 1 King Tiger but maybe relic will find a way or something?
16 Oct 2015, 03:30 AM

If its going to mirror the panther/comet then why limit it to one?
16 Oct 2015, 03:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

If its going to mirror the panther/comet then why limit it to one?

Because it costs nothing to tech to and call-in meta for heavies should die? At least for Comets and Panthers, you need to go to the end tech tree so you should be rewarded for something rather than hoarding fuel and clicking a button when you hit the right amount of CPs.

It should be Comet 1.5 where it has decent to good mobility, armour that's good enough to deflect medium tanks consistently and occasional ATG rounds, range 50, and can engage both armour and infantry.

16 Oct 2015, 03:41 AM

Because it costs nothing to tech to and call-in meta for heavies should die? At least for Comets and Panthers, you need to go to the end tech tree so you should be rewarded for something rather than hoarding fuel and clicking a button when you hit the right amount of CPs.

It should be Comet 1.5 where it has decent to good mobility, armour that's good enough to deflect medium tanks consistently and occasional ATG rounds, range 50, and can engage both armour and infantry.

That doesn't make any sense, if its not going to have the same stats as a heavy tank it shouldn't be limit to one tank. That is a poor excuse, if that is what you're going to use then they could easily tie it to tech or increase the cp requirements.
16 Oct 2015, 03:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That doesn't make any sense, if its not going to have the same stats as a heavy tank it shouldn't be limit to one tank. That is a poor excuse, if that is what you're going to use then they could easily tie it to tech or increase the cp requirements.

It's not like it's going to be like the KV-1, which is the only comparable call-in that doesn't have a limit.
16 Oct 2015, 03:51 AM

i dont know about that since OKW can build more than 1 King Tiger but maybe relic will find a way or something?

Core units are not limited. Otherwise you would be also only allowed to build one churchill.

He already said Comet 1.5. You could give the Pershing 960 HP, 300 Armour 45 to 50 range, anti inf / anti tank gun and it would be perfectly fine.
Heavy call in units should be limited so you actually use combined arms.
16 Oct 2015, 03:55 AM

lol i just like speculating and guessing it makes things more interesting and productive
Speculation is almost the exact opposite of productivity. :romeoMug:
16 Oct 2015, 03:58 AM

Core units are not limited. Otherwise you would be also only allowed to build one churchill.

He already said Comet 1.5. You could give the Pershing 960 HP, 300 Armour 45 to 50 range, anti inf / anti tank gun and it would be perfectly fine.
Heavy call in units should be limited so you actually use combined arms.
960hp and 300 armour doesn't warrant a single call in restriction, unless it gets over 1,000 health like the other heavy tanks.
16 Oct 2015, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 03:46 AMTobis

It's not like it's going to be like the KV-1, which is the only comparable call-in that doesn't have a limit.
From what the previous post implied it should be like a panther/comet, which doesn't warrant a single call in cap.
16 Oct 2015, 04:09 AM

It should be just under the performance of IS-2 and Tiger. Slightly less durable, but still have good firepower.

And seeing multiple Pershings in one game, every game would be so hilariously bad...

Besides, any tank more durable than a medium tank is good enough for USF, and especially one with a 90mm cannon.
16 Oct 2015, 04:22 AM

Permanently Banned
Lol it should be limited to one. Otherwise people will literally have 0 reason not to go dual pershing every game for the history onward of coh2. Die call in meta, die.

As for stats, I would of preferred

960 health (or 800, with 960 at vet like panther)
330 armor
pen like panther
6 second reload
45 range and 50 with vet 2
mobility like is2
640 mp 220 fuel
Infantry fighting similar to p4.

That'd be my guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias