Login

russian armor

LeIG AND Packhowitzer are useless without auto facing

PAGES (8)down
Hat
16 Oct 2015, 03:50 AM

Wrong, the USF and OKW should have a soft counter for blobs and that's job from those guns, apart from light artillery fire..

*Soft Ok.

But yeah, these factions already have stuff like the Kubel and their own HMGs. Not to mention the metric shit ton of flak they have.

... christ guys.. these guns have high firing arcs, range, high kill rates and suppression.Its not even comparable. If this is meant to be an Hmg for OKW/USF than why the autoturn?

Played the preview last night and LeIG was able to cover the part of the map I pointed it at, still consistently pins and kills 3/5 models on impact. Not sure what everyones issue is with facing it, especially since it has a pretty big arc that can cover a whole vp.

People don't want balance. They want their preferred faction to be overpowered.
16 Oct 2015, 03:54 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why are they doing these weird changes trying to balance this thing?

Just take off the damn suppression from both units, it's a frustrating mechanic that makes them a huge annoyance to play against. Now that they buffed the accuracy of these guns there is no reason to have the suppression, there is no reason to keep the suppression mechanic and trying to balance around it while it be frustrating to play against regardless.
16 Oct 2015, 04:57 AM

with the direction relic is trying to shift isg and pack howi i think we might end doing a full cirle and end with a strong barrage oriented weapon and an unreliable auto atack - maybe thats the way of balancing those
16 Oct 2015, 04:59 AM

what about just lowering the suppression? so it takes 2-3 hits to suppress instead of 1?
16 Oct 2015, 05:28 AM

When i played with it i found myself rightclicking Enemy squads constantly anyway

I don't because the game is sometimes so stupid and bugged that the leIG/pak howie will walk into the enemy direction to "search" for the marked squad if it disappears in the fog of war.
16 Oct 2015, 06:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 00:12 AMaaa

to defend autoface of this unit one must be real idiot.

You ever play something else than soviets?

Labeling people on internet is the way to go for you, it seems. I am supporting autofacing. Does this mean I am an idiot?
Both guns should have autofacing, but they need eather to be more affected by scatter, eather to be accurate while having their supress ability removed.
16 Oct 2015, 06:23 AM

The pack and leig shouldn't have supression
16 Oct 2015, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 06:09 AMJohnnyB

You ever play something else than soviets?

Labeling people on internet is the way to go for you, it seems. I am supporting autofacing. Does this mean I am an idiot?
Both guns should have autofacing, but they need eather to be more affected by scatter, eather to be accurate while having their supress ability removed.

You shouldn't give people this opportunity to troll you so hard. Asking random people on internet if you are an idiot is a direct way to depression/suicide.

What amaze me the most is reading people like you preferring nerfing those units into complete RNG "miss 3 times next shot wipe squad tool" only to avoid a little bit of micro.
Those units are useless without Suppression the same way HMG are.
Those units are useless if they aren't precise enough, because they have slow firing, if you fire 3 times and miss 3 times, squads will be upon you and kill you and will lead the unit to a complete RNG tool nobody will ever buy again.

Autoface disable is a good move, maybe just increase a little the cone of fire if necessary.
16 Oct 2015, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 07:08 AMEsxile

You shouldn't give people this opportunity to troll you so hard. Asking random people on internet if you are an idiot is a direct way to depression/suicide.

What amaze me the most is reading people like you preferring nerfing those units into complete RNG "miss 3 times next shot wipe squad tool" only to avoid a little bit of micro.
Those units are useless without Suppression the same way HMG are.
Those units are useless if they aren't precise enough, because they have slow firing, if you fire 3 times and miss 3 times, squads will be upon you and kill you and will lead the unit to a complete RNG tool nobody will ever buy again.

Autoface disable is a good move, maybe just increase a little the cone of fire if necessary.

Well everybody has the right to an opinion and I don't think remove autofacing is a good move.
16 Oct 2015, 07:31 AM

I share the same opinion. Remove the pinning would be a better thing to do. Why don't give OKW a non doctrinal MG like all factions have to keep up with the anti blobbing
16 Oct 2015, 11:09 AM

Removing auto facing from long range mobile units is a weird choice without having a facing command in the game. Now you have to guess the arch at max range using the minimap if using the move/rotate command or face using attack ground and the stop command. It's not a clean and smooth way for facing units.
16 Oct 2015, 11:18 AM
Patrion 14

I don't really get the point of the supression on these units? Its just annoying to play against... Aren't MG's and kubel made to supress?
16 Oct 2015, 11:23 AM
Patrion 14

Didn't the first iterations of the support guns have high accuracy, hard hitting on static targets like HMG's but little to no suppression affect at all? I liked those ISG's.
16 Oct 2015, 11:45 AM

I share the same opinion. Remove the pinning would be a better thing to do. Why don't give OKW a non doctrinal MG like all factions have to keep up with the anti blobbing

I was asking for replacing kubel with mg 34 for ages now.... with a small damage buff for the 34.
16 Oct 2015, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 11:45 AMJohnnyB

I was asking for replacing kubel with mg 34 for ages now.... with a small damage buff for the 34.

And whou would call 1CP Kubel? No one.
Because it would be OP to make kubel 0CP while there is MG avaible.
16 Oct 2015, 12:29 PM
Patrion 14

If kubel replaced MG34 in doctrines I guarantee you I will never build the kubel ever again.

MG34 is just more reliable because it doesn't have the life expectancy of 5 minutes into the game.
nee
16 Oct 2015, 12:30 PM

Some thoughts in response to some posts

-Keep auto-facing, but remove suppression in automatic fire;
-Suppression occurs only when you manually barrage a target area; the barrage can be renamed "Suppressive Barrage".

Other ways to improve:

-Reduce turning speed of these weapons so while you may still auto-face, there is slower response to detected units in range;
-Turning speed can be increased as part of veterancy buffs.

This way, you get a unit that can suitably perform by itself, but certainly far less optimal than if you micromanaged it yourself.
16 Oct 2015, 13:17 PM

It was just terrible, at some point you'll forget your squad since you've to micro more important things. Mortars don't have to be micro'ed, why should the Pack Howie and LeIG be micro'd then Kappa.

I have not tried the patch, but I always micro my unit mortars because I like to use a tech ground on my been teams and barrage as well. Or I will tell them to fire at a squad that is part of a blob I find I will always get to vet three mortars if I don't suffer a white in a decent length game. The infantry support gun and howitzer both deal suppression and have more range than mortars and do more vehicle damage so they should at least require some micro or be nerfed.
Please relic keep change or nerf performance and kept auto rotate
16 Oct 2015, 13:21 PM

Didnt want to Sound rude,sorry. I just thought it's normal to Micro his units (includng mortars and Light artillery)

I don't think you were rude, I agree with you. I only let mortars autofire when I am too busy elsewhere. Otherwise I am using barrage for extra rate of fire to saturate at target or use attack ground, third most used is to target in individual unit if it's part of an on the move blob but you do have to be careful to make sure to issue the stop command once they're out of range since you don't want your mortar running after them.
16 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

Remove suppression.

( I would also reduce damage vs infantry to avoid 1 shot squadwipes, for all mortars also )

Removing autoface is retarded, mortar teams, infantry etc have autofacing too

US Forces

Ambulance

Improving usability.

Healing ability changed to toggle ability, must be in territory and disables movement.

or this was retarded change too?:

Before i never built those units because they are cumbersome, now they are somewhat useful but still would rather build a mortar team instead.

If Reducing the usability of the LeIG AND Packhowitzer is the goal...

Just remove them and add mortar teams , the end.
- OH and NOT TO MENTION USF+OKW mortar teams ARE ALREADY IN GAME.

Many units suck/useless, war spoils system sucks, matchmaking sucks, optimization sucks,
yea its a fun game but (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
South Africa 1
Germany 729

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L