Login

russian armor

LeIG AND Packhowitzer are useless without auto facing

PAGES (8)down
15 Oct 2015, 12:57 PM

Last night I've played lots of October Patch and without the auto-facing I've had lots of troubles to make the gun effective. I'd like to see the auto facing change reverted and a removal of the pinning effect on the LeIG and Packhowitzer
15 Oct 2015, 13:04 PM

When i played with it i found myself rightclicking Enemy squads constantly anyway
15 Oct 2015, 13:05 PM

Indeed. As much as I hate facing the ISG, even I think this was uncalled for. Especially if the firing arc stays as it is. Should it really stay this way, there has to be a drastic increase in it's firing arc.
15 Oct 2015, 13:09 PM

It was just terrible, at some point you'll forget your squad since you've to micro more important things. Mortars don't have to be micro'ed, why should the Pack Howie and LeIG be micro'd then Kappa.
aaa
15 Oct 2015, 13:11 PM

for fak sake not your balance ideas again.
15 Oct 2015, 13:11 PM

Wrong, the USF and OKW should have a soft counter for blobs and that's job from those guns, apart from light artillery fire. The auto-facing prevents lazy gameplay where you would just park them next to your Flak and MedicHQ and do something else while they supressed anything within their 360° reach. It was simply unskilled.
15 Oct 2015, 13:12 PM

Wrong, the USF and OKW should have a soft counter for blobs and that's job from those guns, apart from light artillery fire. The auto-facing prevents lazy gameplay where you would just park them next to your Flak and MedicHQ and do something else while they supressed anything within their 360° reach. It was simply unskilled.

Place a mortar next to a heal/retreat point and you've also lazy gameplay. Not really a legit point to say.
15 Oct 2015, 13:15 PM

Place a mortar next to a heal/retreat point and you've also lazy gameplay. Not really a legit point to say.

Mortars don't suppress. Mortars don't have such a long range. Mortars don't fire at a 40° angle. Mortars don't have shields (in case of LeIG).
15 Oct 2015, 13:16 PM

Mortars don't suppress. Mortars don't have such a long range. Mortars don't fire at a 40° angle. Mortars don't have shields (in case of LeIG).

That's why I suggest to remove the suppression since that's a rediculous ability for these units.
15 Oct 2015, 13:17 PM

That's why I suggest to remove the suppression since that's a rediculous ability for these units.

That would strip it off it's purpose as blob counter.
15 Oct 2015, 13:24 PM

That would strip it off it's purpose as blob counter.

I'm more willing to see it as some kind of mortar than as blob counter. MG34/MG42 to OKW in tier structure and you have your blob counter.
15 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

The change is a direct answer for the most common complaint - that it was a place and forget weapon with high efficiency. Now it's all back to "l2p" I guess, which is good.

I just think that it affects the Howie more than the ISG. USF was always more micro intensive compared to OKW, at least for me, so in the end the Howie with it's short range should keep the auto facing imo.

The problem this time is that Relic, instead of careful step-by-step tuning, decided to use the sledgehammer balance approach and put multiple nerfs into one patch. I would have like to see the ISG perform without the facing, but also without the other nerfs and the other way around. Now it's very hard to tell what actually makes the difference in game.
15 Oct 2015, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 13:25 PMQbix
The change is a direct answer for the most common complaint - that it was a place and forget weapon with high efficiency. Now it's all back to "l2p" I guess, which is good.

I just think that it affects the Howie more than the ISG. USF was always more micro intensive compared to OKW, at least for me, so in the end the Howie with it's short range should keep the auto facing imo.

The problem this time is that Relic, instead of careful step-by-step tuning, decided to use the sledgehammer balance approach and put multiple nerfs into one patch. I would have like to see the ISG perform without the facing, but also without the other nerfs and the other way around. Now it's very hard to tell what actually makes the difference in game.

Relic always use the sledgehammer methode unfortunatly. Removing the pinning effect would help like 90% since that's where the most complains are about.
15 Oct 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 13:25 PMQbix

Am I the only one Who constantly rightclicks Enemy squads with mortar and other arty stuff?
15 Oct 2015, 13:31 PM

Well, its another step.

I just wonder why they are so eager to nerf every single stat except for the one that is truly causing problems, the pinpoint accuracy making sure it never misses any stationary target.
15 Oct 2015, 13:45 PM

Am I the only one Who constantly rightclicks Enemy squads with mortar and other arty stuff?

Probably yes
15 Oct 2015, 13:51 PM

cause relic thinks isg is the default counter to snipers it seems
on a serious note this nerf is just hands down useless the easiest fix would be simply reverting the last buff and done both pack howi and isg dont cause cancer anymore
15 Oct 2015, 14:03 PM
Donator 11

Last night I've played lots of October Patch and without the auto-facing I've had lots of troubles to make the gun effective. ...

Absolutely yes, and as i said in the other patch: the artificial micro nerf is a bad way to go.

In the meanwhile: bind your ISGs to a control group. Personally i'd recommend that with indirect fire in general.
15 Oct 2015, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 13:51 PMVinyl41

on a serious note this nerf is just hands down useless the easiest fix would be simply reverting the last buff and done both pack howi and isg dont cause cancer anymore

+1 I feel like they were both in a pretty good place before the last buff (at least I don't recall anyone complaining about them then)

That being said I wouldn't be opposed to some finer tuning like reducing the ISG's Vet 1 bonus a tad and so on. I get that Relic is trying to start at the extreme ends of nerfs and use community feedback to find a sweet spot but part of me feels like they are making this more complicated than it has to be.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS