Login

russian armor

LeIG AND Packhowitzer are useless without auto facing

PAGES (8)down
15 Oct 2015, 14:09 PM

Get them under one hotkey and 2 clicks (hotkey + attack) don't seem like big amount of micro.

Still, big accuracy nerf would be a lot better.

BTW
I rememebr when there was change for ISU so you have to attack manually.
The amount of Axis fanboys who considered that change for great step ahead :megusta:
15 Oct 2015, 14:09 PM

Am I the only one Who constantly rightclicks Enemy squads with mortar and other arty stuff?

I can't answer that question, but why would you do that? Right clicking usually causes the firing unit to stop firing and following the targeted unit once it leaves it's range. I don't like my indirect fire units suddenly appearing at the front line.
15 Oct 2015, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 14:09 PMQbix

I can't answer that question, but why would you do that? Right clicking usually causes the firing unit to stop firing and following the targeted unit once it leaves it's range. I don't like my indirect fire units suddenly appearing at the front line.

Because of :
1) Order to Shell Enemys Who are clumped up in Green Cover and Not the squad Who is spread out in the open
2) Focus prio targets (flamers, mgs, Elite infantry etc )
If I just let my arty Auto fire it's was to much random for me
The point with following is True but i got Used to Focus fire with multiple squads and then Press "stop". They will still Focus the same squad but wont follow them if they leave ur fire range.
15 Oct 2015, 14:30 PM
Donator 11

Idk, I feel like that could work. Yea it's another piece of micro that you have to deal with but that's a good thing imo - rewards players for proper positioning. As mentioned before, the build and forget nature of pack howie and even more so isg is by far the most frustrating part of the unit.
15 Oct 2015, 14:49 PM

Because of :
1) Order to Shell Enemys Who are clumped up in Green Cover and Not the squad Who is spread out in the open
2) Focus prio targets (flamers, mgs, Elite infantry etc )
If I just let my arty Auto fire it's was to much random for me
The point with following is True but i got Used to Focus fire with multiple squads and then Press "stop". They will still Focus the same squad but wont follow them if they leave ur fire range.

Whatever floats your boat then. Was just pointing out that I think many people are using them for free firing. Until next patch that is. So it's a change many will feel and some of them will even come to the forum and whine about it.
15 Oct 2015, 14:50 PM

accuracy -25% same on Pack Howie and they would be fine. Suggested that a long time ago.
15 Oct 2015, 15:14 PM

Played the preview last night and LeIG was able to cover the part of the map I pointed it at, still consistently pins and kills 3/5 models on impact. Not sure what everyones issue is with facing it, especially since it has a pretty big arc that can cover a whole vp.
15 Oct 2015, 15:43 PM

maybe is just me, but they don't seem to be changed alot. Which is good.
Extranerf is what every unit that needs to be changed DOESN'T need.

Question: when is this darn patch gonna be live, anyway?
15 Oct 2015, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 15:43 PMJohnnyB
maybe is just me, but they don't seem to be changed alot. Which is good.
Extranerf is what every unit that needs to be changed DOESN'T need.

Question: when is this darn patch gonna be live, anyway?

29th
15 Oct 2015, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 14:49 PMQbix

Whatever floats your boat then. Was just pointing out that I think many people are using them for free firing. Until next patch that is. So it's a change many will feel and some of them will even come to the forum and whine about it.

Didnt want to Sound rude,sorry. I just thought it's normal to Micro his units (includng mortars and Light artillery)
15 Oct 2015, 15:52 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 13:31 PMKatitof
Well, its another step.

I just wonder why they are so eager to nerf every single stat except for the one that is truly causing problems, the pinpoint accuracy making sure it never misses any stationary target.

Seriously, ffs. You don't nerf every single stat and then put an artifical micro nerf on it where it requires baby sitting to use right. Lelic'd. Another useless unit nerfed from OP into extinction. sigh*
15 Oct 2015, 15:56 PM

Honestly this isn't even that much of a micro tax, bind units to control group, right click targets.
15 Oct 2015, 16:00 PM

Didnt want to Sound rude,sorry. I just thought it's normal to Micro his units (includng mortars and Light artillery)

lol didn't say it was rude. All good.
15 Oct 2015, 17:09 PM

I disagree completely. The nerf was not "artificial," it was necessary. First of all, how can you have trouble managing the gun? If you position right, and stay relatively far away so that the traverse is bigger, then it should cover any part of the field that is an active combat zone. Second of all, the "micro tax" is miniscule at best. A couple of clicks per minute is nothing compared to what USF has to deal with. It opens up a lot of options for the opposing player to deal with the ISG while, if you can even ink out 1-2 more APM than what you're currently doing, it should have little to no effect on its performance. It's a nerf which doesn't kill the weapon.

This change might not have been my #1 go-to, but it'll do and I'm willing to get behind it over Relic doing nothing at all. Peoples main complaints are that it's "not like a mortar." But who would want it to be? They are not mortars. They are light artillery. They suppress. They wipe a hell of a lot better. They should not be mortars.
15 Oct 2015, 17:12 PM
Donator 11

Fun fact
relic dont updated the mod
or my mod dont update
15 Oct 2015, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 17:12 PMtiyq
Fun fact
relic dont updated the mod

So people who have been saying "I've been using the ISG w/o autoface, it's trash now" are making it up?
15 Oct 2015, 17:17 PM

Nothing wrong with the skill ceiling being increased.

15 Oct 2015, 17:32 PM

Im baffled by a guy that is ranked 7 in 2v2 having " micro" issues with a gun that requires setup.

Really?
15 Oct 2015, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 13:51 PMVinyl41
cause relic thinks isg is the default counter to snipers it seems
on a serious note this nerf is just hands down useless the easiest fix would be simply reverting the last buff and done both pack howi and isg dont cause cancer anymore

Sounds reasonable, but instead, they decided to do some random stuff some loud bloke wrote on the forums. Of all the possible solutions to balance it, what they did is the weirdest and most annoying way.
15 Oct 2015, 17:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Im baffled by a guy that is ranked 7 in 2v2 having " micro" issues with a gun that requires setup.

Really?
My issue isn't that it will be too hard to use, its the sensibility of nerfing every stat. Along with arbitrarily gimping it. I hate the OP isg and pack howitzer, and artillery in general. But I hate overnerfs and artificial limitations.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS