Login

russian armor

jaeger infantry commander viability?

28 Jul 2013, 12:01 PM

Based on this chart it appears to have better dps than the Sturmgewehr 44 both close and far as well.

No way. The calculations from OP may be correct for rifles, but the dps calculation of machine guns works entirely different. Also, he does not include cooldown modifiers for different weapon ranges. So the calculation is pretty much useless for comparing assault rifles with normal rifles^^

Assault rifles/machine guns deal multiple times the damage from any rifle.
Ewo
28 Jul 2013, 13:33 PM

I certainly believe that the JI doctrine is viable - but it seems key to pick the correct use of munition on the individual groups
29 Jul 2013, 18:33 PM

When using this commander, do you pick between G43 or MG42? Or do you guys usually do both? Doing both usually squeezes me out on munitions. Also, this strat is probably best with gren spam?
30 Jul 2013, 21:47 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2013, 16:20 PMShazz
I don't find it particularly viable. At no point are its abilities particularly useful.

The reason the doctrine fails is because it's mutually exclusive to itself and to the Ostheer faction. I can buy G43 OR I can buy LMG. I can plant expensive mines OR I can save for arty. Etc.

Suggestions to fix:
- G43 become a researchable global upgrade at the HQ for all grenadier squads that costs MP / fuel (like BARs) once unlocked.

- Tactical Movement moved to a per squad ability basis and made substantially cheaper, ie 5-10 muni.

- Replace one of the abilities (arty / stuka) with some sort of callin. Basically something that isn't munitions based. Could be stormtroopers as that would fit nicely with the whole infantry thing, but whatever.

I agree with this. I really want to like this doctrine as it gives grens another option for dealing with snipers. Vetted grens with G43s will kill snipers in a matter of seconds if caught out of cover. The munition cost on all of these abilities is a huge issue as well. If the muni cost was toned down on the G43s and the sprint was substantially cheaper and used on a single squad I think it has the opportunity to be a really satisfying doctrine choice.
11 Aug 2013, 06:19 AM

Would you still have to build vehicles for this doctrine, or could you get away with pure infantry?

Also, someone mentioned earlier about a Blitzkreig doctrine...I cannot see it anywhere in the commander list in-game... o_O
11 Aug 2013, 09:57 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2013, 06:19 AMBarkBox

Also, someone mentioned earlier about a Blitzkreig doctrine...I cannot see it anywhere in the commander list in-game... o_O

Blitz = Lightning
Krieg = War

:)
26 Aug 2013, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2013, 14:00 PMRoaRawR

I use it only on HMG

here is the secret I love with this skill, hold fireit will now not shoot when in camo but when spooted

Since when is that the case... o_O I was sure if you order hold fire and forgot about them they will not fire a single shot even when detected.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 58
Netherlands 41
unknown 3
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %