Login

russian armor

HTD needs to go

28 Jun 2013, 03:44 AM
Patrion 27

Just like I said in the Maxim spam thread... get a mortar. Ostheer mortar may not be that efficient but it's free indirect damage once it's out. Make sure to displace after volleys if it's alone though. Get a squad spotting for them and things get real.

Check this replay to see Stevebud hose me with a mortar opening in 9:41 XD

http://www.coh2.org/replays/4565/feeding-stevebud-another-victory
28 Jun 2013, 04:33 AM

Thanks for sharing the replay... if you get the points and can spare the fuel, mortar HT is also good. I think I'm in love with the Spearhead doctrine (lvl 45 strafing Opels probably is probably a bit stronger against non-maxim but feels lame).
28 Jun 2013, 04:43 AM
Patrion 27

If and when I start playing Ostheer more I think mortar half track will be a favorite of mine. I just have a thing for call-in mortars :P and I really want to see an MG, Sniper or some sort of scouting unit as a tier one or two call-in.
28 Jun 2013, 16:55 PM

Thanks for sharing the replay... if you get the points and can spare the fuel, mortar HT is also good. I think I'm in love with the Spearhead doctrine (lvl 45 strafing Opels probably is probably a bit stronger against non-maxim but feels lame).

The spearhead doctrine is my favorite one for axis, so far. Its got a semi strong early, and a tiger for late game (weak middle). Frag bombs suck, though.

As for mortars vs HTD: they work wonders, but if the enemy is using a heavy conscript strategy (3 or more), as a german you are losing some mobility with that mortar: it can be flanked easily by the swarm. Of course, micro, map knowledge and skill plays into this.
30 Jun 2013, 11:07 AM

Cause I also did for the phosphorous rounds, I just looked for the effects of HTD to clearify what it actually does (should have done it in the first place, but live, laziness, etc etc :) )

Here are the numbers:
- Recieved Supression: *0 (immune)
- Recieved Accuarcy: *0.5
- Posture Prone (laying on the ground immobile)
- Facing Only (can't turn while on the ground it seems)

It basicly is a light cover button, the thing is like pqumsieh said, it also stacks with cover. So when you are already in light cover (and after some action all crates grant light cover) you get a 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 accuracy modifier to hit for small arms. That#is actually pretty lame, cause small arms normally only have like 50% - 60% hit chance even at close range. You simply don't hit them with small arms when activated.
AoE weapons like Granedes and flamethrowers have a *5 modifier for the "near" area of splash damage which just compensates this bonus (0.25 * 5 = 1.25).

What was new to is the "Facing Only". Regular infantry also have firing arcs much like MGs or AT guns, you simply don't have to setup them, they just face the enemy automaticly.
Havn't tested it yet, but you it seems to me you are able to "flank" HTD Conscripts or just walk behind them and they can't shoot you.

Regards
ace
30 Jun 2013, 14:27 PM

OOh, if the facing is really locked this probably changes a lot! The stacking ahould still be looked at though.
30 Jun 2013, 18:46 PM

That's some neat info, ace, I'll try testing that out next time I face HTD
30 Jun 2013, 23:02 PM

haha
just figured out why the MG42 Phosphorues round are so good vs HTD.

Normally when the MG fires it means insta supression for the hit suqad. Weapons also have modifiers vs suppressed/pinned targets, cause guess what the enemy hits the ground cause they don't wanna get hit.

So the modier vs supressed is accuarcy * 0.5 and vs pinned 0.25% (for a short period of time before they recieve extra damage in pinned status).

So the thing is HTD makes Cons immune to supression, so they never get the suppressed "bonus" only the HTD bonus.
But the MG is usually shoots vs suppressed tragets anyway suffering -50% accuarcy. So for the MG it actually doesn't matter if Cons are in HTD not suppressed or not HTD but suppressed.

And what's left is 200% damage, halfed reload and increased penetration in case of veterancy to rape Cons with when phosphorous rounds are activated.

Regards
ace
1 Jul 2013, 01:46 AM

Cause I also did for the phosphorous rounds, I just looked for the effects of HTD to clearify what it actually does (should have done it in the first place, but live, laziness, etc etc :) )

Here are the numbers:
- Recieved Supression: *0 (immune)
- Recieved Accuarcy: *0.5
- Posture Prone (laying on the ground immobile)
- Facing Only (can't turn while on the ground it seems)

It basicly is a light cover button, the thing is like pqumsieh said, it also stacks with cover. So when you are already in light cover (and after some action all crates grant light cover) you get a 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 accuracy modifier to hit for small arms. That#is actually pretty lame, cause small arms normally only have like 50% - 60% hit chance even at close range. You simply don't hit them with small arms when activated.
AoE weapons like Granedes and flamethrowers have a *5 modifier for the "near" area of splash damage which just compensates this bonus (0.25 * 5 = 1.25).

What was new to is the "Facing Only". Regular infantry also have firing arcs much like MGs or AT guns, you simply don't have to setup them, they just face the enemy automaticly.
Havn't tested it yet, but you it seems to me you are able to "flank" HTD Conscripts or just walk behind them and they can't shoot you.

Regards
ace

Just tested, "Facing Only" doesn't appear to be true. Conscripts are quite capable of changing direction on the ground. If you run a PG squad past them they'll turn around on their bellies and keep shooting.
1 Jul 2013, 02:03 AM

^Yep.

Ace can you tell us where to get these information? Please :D

For example defense aura of Command P4.
1 Jul 2013, 20:48 PM

Pz4 Command Tank Aura:
Recieved damage * 0.8

Regards
ace
1 Jul 2013, 21:52 PM

Thank you very much :D
(That is... not sooo good. 10 more Fuel for a tank with 80 instead of 160 damage is... not optimal.
But I guess you have to use him then to support your infantry with the modifiers + generel anti infantry...)

But I would like to know in which file I have to look (and how I can open it) so that I can look it up myself. :/
I hope its not too complicated? :D
1 Jul 2013, 22:16 PM

20% less damage is actually pretty good in my eyes for a permanent aura commmon with a pretty potent and tanky vehicle.

All the stats are inside Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Archives\AttribArchive.sga

You gonna need...

CoH2 SGA Extractor:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?270246-TOOL-CoH2-SGA-Extractor-v-1-1-02-04-13

CoH2_RGDTools:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?270284-TOOL-CoH2-RGD-Tools-%28XML-TXT-JSON%29-RGD-Crawler-Hashing-Tools-v1-2-22-04-13

All the credits for those programs go to Cope over from relicnews.

You should be able to use the windows shell and have some spare time and be happy to analyze some odd and abstract text files.
:)

EDIT:
I started to utilize the Combat Field Officer more often. His inspire ability is actually quite cool.

For 15mun you get:
- Accuracy * 1.15
- Cooldown * 0.85
- Reload *0.85
- Duration 20sec
- Radius 20

That's a quite noticeable increase in terms of dps for 20sec which is a freaking eternity gameplay-wise. Furthermore that Officer is quite a beefy bastard with armor 4.
I like.

Regards
ace
2 Jul 2013, 00:56 AM

This is not as easy as I thought :D (I kinda expected it.)
But I think I understand it partly^^

IF I am reading it right, does that mean the "Blitzkrieg" Abillity gives not only "x0,5 received accuracy" (how much impact does this even have?) and "x2 maximum speed" but also "x2 accuracy" ?

Edit: I cant find the modifiers you get for attack out of the GermanCamouflage Upgrade )=
Same for the boni of hulldown...

What I found is: x3 Damage while repairing. Vet2 Armor "Schürzen" giving 10% bonus Armor. And anyone knows what the commander presence Aura is? A Boni for picking a commander?
2 Jul 2013, 20:10 PM

hmm, his ability gives such great buffs? that's good to know
2 Jul 2013, 20:35 PM

This is not as easy as I thought :D (I kinda expected it.)
But I think I understand it partly^^

IF I am reading it right, does that mean the "Blitzkrieg" Abillity gives not only "x0,5 received accuracy" (how much impact does this even have?) and "x2 maximum speed" but also "x2 accuracy" ?

Edit: I cant find the modifiers you get for attack out of the GermanCamouflage Upgrade )=
Same for the boni of hulldown...

What I found is: x3 Damage while repairing. Vet2 Armor "Schürzen" giving 10% bonus Armor. And anyone knows what the commander presence Aura is? A Boni for picking a commander?

It used to be daunting to me at first, but ti was a good way to practice my math. Its not hard after you practice a little.

If a tank using blitzkrieg gets 0.5 received accuracy, then the enemy, under normal circumstances is getting a 50% penalty on their shots on top of any other factors that affect their shots, such as firing on the move, and even distance to target. Its a VERY good modifier.

Always multiply your decimals by 100% to make it easier :)
3 Jul 2013, 07:37 AM

^The Problem is: I don't know how accuracy gets calculated.
Now I suspect it to be accuracy*unitsize. But with the standart 22unitsize and 0,025 Far and 0,05 Near Accuracy that would mean on max range you have a 55% and at pointblank range 110% hits.
But I guess this is not exactly true. Because on the move the accuracy is 0,5, that would mean on the move at 0 distance you wouldhave only a 55% chance to hit. But it doesnt look like that for me.

The Problems to gauge the impact of 0,5 received accuracy is that the normal hitchance at closerange could be at 200%. So a 0,5 modifier woudln't change the outcome... still 100% hits.

Besides that I agree that blitzkrieg is a very nice ablility especially for the low ammo cost. While moving it makes you as accurate as if your tank was standing still without it. Probably it increases your accuracy while standing still. And dodging more shots is always aprecciated :D as well as more speed. You just have to kill a bit infantry to get vet1 and you can take on the op SU85.
3 Jul 2013, 09:30 AM

Elephant + Artillery Officer, those SU-85's never knew what hit them.
3 Jul 2013, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 09:30 AMHissy
Elephant + Artillery Officer, those SU-85's never knew what hit them.

I thought SU-85 arrived way earlier than the 5CP elephant?

@Lichtbringer: Not sure on how accuracy is calculated like that. It would be cool if one of the more experienced people with stats told us. Even with 200% accuracy though, battlefield conditions can pull it down to below 100%. Im not sure if they stack, but I imagine a unit running through omnidirectional light cover is hard to hit: they get the 0.5 received accuracy, plus the fact that they are moving further increases your chances to miss.

Also, remember while guns start 100% accuracy, for the sake of buffs, they rarely have an accuracy of 1 or above. They already have an inherent miss chance in them. Blitzkrieg will duplicate their chances to hit, but its not a 200% chance to hit. Its 200% of whatever you had before (panzer 4 has a near range accuracy of 0.05, so it becomes 0.10)
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 3 Jul 2013, 16:21 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Keep in mind scatter plays a large role in determining what shots hit the target and what don't. Remember missed shots can still scatter into units thus creating a hit out of a miss.

At point blank, the object is so close to your shell that even if it misses the trajectory of the shell will still cross into the object being fired at registering a hit.

Accuracy = unit size * accuracy

However, hitting your target != the above formula. There are far more variables to consider.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★