Login

russian armor

HTD needs to go

25 Jun 2013, 20:55 PM

I think people underestimate how useful some of the vet abilities are (mainly because you tend to forget they are there at all!).

Incendiary Rounds are VERY good, the medkits tends to save you when you want to save yourself a retreat or don't have a medic bunker, Tripwire flares can save you from a flank, concentrated barrages are insanely powerful, etc.

On the topic of HTD... it doesnt need to go, we need to adapt to it. It is very powerful, and perhaps some tweaking is in order (such as forcing you to stay down longer and removing retreat for that time). Its a powerful ability in the Soviet arsenal, but the Axis have powerful abilities as well.
25 Jun 2013, 21:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for digging out the info, ace4sure!
25 Jun 2013, 21:28 PM

Great information on incendiary rounds and instant building cover anywhere but relying on a veteran ability of a very squishy unit that can be captured and then is a lot more powerful than before (6 men squads) isn't really a solution for the problem.

The information and observations relating to building cover and hit the dirt actually suggest that HTD is broken big time (in both its power and the way it work).
25 Jun 2013, 21:29 PM

Ok I said this on Inverse's stream earlier. HTD is not an OP ability. It's in theory/in practice perfectly fine. It's when Cons start getting vet, they start to become annoying with HTD. Maybe the devs can take this into consideration, if they can code it into the game. Make the HTD ability make veterency impossible for the unit, while they actively use it. Meaning: If someone sends a gren at my cons, and I use HTD, I won't get ANY vet from doing damage to the grens, or taking damage from said grens. It's a high risk, high reward ability. I can finish caps, defend territory, and I can keep my lines together. But I gain no vet from it. So in the late game I spammed HTD all day and then I have a vet 1 conscript, fighting vet 3 Grens, Pgrens, and a Pioneers. Now my infantry is behind in vet and usability. It'd be alot more like CoH 1. Things that are very powerful, might mess you up in the late game. It'd be better than giving it a munitions cost, it'd be better than increasing the recharge time, it'd be better than sitting there and removing it entirely.
25 Jun 2013, 23:51 PM

oh and I forgot:

Though phosporous rounds helps HTD is too strong in its current state imo. It needs some tweaking like lower duration, less protection, lowered damage output or something.

Regards
ace
26 Jun 2013, 00:12 AM

With regards to HTD and having a timer put on being able to retreat this could get messy, they can not dodge/move away from a tank so the whole squads can be run over in 1 click, not sure if that is ok or not.
26 Jun 2013, 03:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2013, 00:12 AMGrund
With regards to HTD and having a timer put on being able to retreat this could get messy, they can not dodge/move away from a tank so the whole squads can be run over in 1 click, not sure if that is ok or not.

This is true.

However, it is also true that HTD allows you to keep very good defensive bonuses without any penalty (lack of mobility isn't a penalty when you are trying to be defensive). When you use any of the suggested counters (grenades, flames even vehicle crush), the soviet player only needs to retreat on time, from a battle that was perhaps already difficult to win.

This makes it a no brainer ability, on almost any situation, especially early game. Even a win-win situation ability, such as smoke dischargers, has the penalty of setting you back in the munitions war. HTD has no such penalty. There needs to be something the Soviet players forgoes, other than mobility, for using HTD.
26 Jun 2013, 04:43 AM

tag a small muno cost to it, like 10 or so.
26 Jun 2013, 04:58 AM

Permanently Banned
Overall I think Sov needs higher muni costs.
Invariably Sov floats muni.
26 Jun 2013, 05:04 AM

Just reduce the % of armor it give or give it a duration max of like 10 sec or something.
1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 26 Jun 2013, 16:28 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We are looking into this. The larger, somewhat hidden, issue is that HTD modifiers stack with cover modifiers. So if I HTD near green cover im nearly invincible. There are a few other issues but this seems to be the major one. We are working to resolve it though.
26 Jun 2013, 17:12 PM

We are looking into this. The larger, somewhat hidden, issue is that HTD modifiers stack with cover modifiers. So if I HTD near green cover im nearly invincible. There are a few other issues but this seems to be the major one. We are working to resolve it though.

Aha, I had suspected as much with the stacking modifiers.

Also, thanks much!
26 Jun 2013, 19:38 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

:wub:
27 Jun 2013, 00:53 AM

Wowzers,

How many games do you get developers reading forums, and communicating with their fans?? Thanks for the support Relic :)
27 Jun 2013, 02:02 AM

I do feel sorry for some germans with this ability. if you dont counter it, flames, nades and mortars(yes mortars work very well) it is just painfull.

in the open the bonus is good but they are still on equal footing with LMG grens who are in cover. but in green cover... no way it that unit moving nay time soon.

: mvu, cons, 7.6k damage dealt, 78 kills, number of deaths : 0 damage taken, 5.9k !!
last battle doing my best to abuse this mechanic on minsc pocket.
27 Jun 2013, 03:42 AM

As I expected...HtD is being spammed by every single soviet player now and effectively ruining the game

Congrats.
27 Jun 2013, 03:53 AM

The Dave, you mean just like every 35+ german is spamming opel blitz commander and winning no matter how badly they loose the early game :O??

Oh no i lost both fuels, meh ill build 3 trucks and get twice his fuel income...

Congrats
27 Jun 2013, 03:56 AM

no -

The game really does not work like that I'm sorry.
27 Jun 2013, 06:13 AM

Except that it does, the fuel/ munis you get for setting up 1 truck is silly, let alone the fact you can spam them.

Add on the surplus of munis lets you spam that stupidly powerfull strafing run which has a low cost, and low CD for instantly pinning units in a huge area which lets you choose when you want to instantly win an engagement every couple mins.

27 Jun 2013, 06:21 AM

Permanently Banned
HTD infantry is immune to Strafing Runs, btw :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment