Login

russian armor

Star Wars Battlefront: Thoughts and Opinions

13 Oct 2015, 14:48 PM

Now that the beta is coming to an end, what are your thoughts and opinions on what you have played so far? Personally, I enjoyed this. This is something I have been waiting for since Battlefront 2 back in 2005. I felt like this is going to sum up to be a great game and I can't wait for full release.

What it did well:
1.) Really great immersive experience
2.) Locations are awesome, Hoth looks like Hoth from Empire Strikes Back
3.) Heroes are BADASS... VADER :hansGASM:
many more...

Problems:
1.) Everyone ended up using the same loadouts
2.) Spawn system needs work: spawnkilled way too often

What are your thoughts on this?
13 Oct 2015, 14:50 PM

I think it's beeing rushed out for the movie and will probably get more features with premium or season pass or whatever. Wait a year or two and it'll be in it's full glory.
13 Oct 2015, 14:59 PM

Although I couldn't get to play it much due to a few technical problems, I thought it was really great. The immersion in it was top notch, and the Walker Assault mode was AMAZING.
The limited loadouts thing might just be because they didnt want to put too much into the Beta, but I feel like a lot of the fears over the game being bad were dispelled by the beta.
13 Oct 2015, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned
I am going to wait this one out, it feels rushed for me. On top of this, a technical beta 4-5 weeks prior to release seems more like a commercial move than an actual beta test.

Pros:
-Graphics
-Sound, man so good
-Optimization

Cons:
-bugs
-everyone uses the same weapons and cards
-Certain pickups stay far behind the action, needing you to run long distances
-Last rebel spawn on Hoth is just lol. Getting sniped by everything in a trench
-Spawns in general don't seem to make sense
-Flying feels a bit gimmicky, not really smooth and well thought through
-Feels like a battlefield game with 3rd person and Star wars sounds.

13 Oct 2015, 15:29 PM

To much arcade
13 Oct 2015, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 15:29 PMLeodot
To much arcade
And I think that stems from it feeling a bit "casual". Going from modern shooter back to a more classic shooter setup threw a lot of people off.
16 Oct 2015, 19:37 PM

The star cards ruin it for me. Jetpacks, cyber rifle and personal shields all mess with the flow of the game. Especially jetpacks, since people are able to get up on cliffs and shit.

Heroes also play like shit. Growing up playing moviebattles 2 for jedi academy and my standards for gunner on jedi combat is much higher than this shit. (You know, proper hitboxes https://youtu.be/6Qcgr1XG6vo?t=360 ) Atleast in Battlefront 2 it was a reward for doing well, now it's just a random pick up.

It's also weirdly not faithful to the source material. Luke is wearing his return of the jedi outfit and lightsaber, there are A-wing and Tie Interceptors for some reason even though they didn't exist yet.

Overall I'm disappointed with everything except the sound effects and the time to kill actually feeling decent compared to other modern shooters.

16 Oct 2015, 19:52 PM

I share all concers.
I could play Battlefield 4 for hours but I was bored with Battlefornt after few matches.
Lack of options when compare to BF4.
Where is crawling? Looking around the corner?
I also don't like that there are no classes.
Everyone can pick everything. Classes require better coordination between different. Someone charge, someone heal, someone snipe.
Here everyone can snipe, everyone can use rocket when pick up etc etc.

Highly dissapointed.
16 Oct 2015, 20:14 PM

i ghave too add the high costs for this game, i mean 60 bucks + 50 season pass without any real SP content...
i think relic/sega and ea/dice are brothers...
Also it sucks that their are no 1440p textures
18 Oct 2015, 09:33 AM

Is this game going to be available on steam? or just origin?
This game looks amazing :)
18 Oct 2015, 09:38 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Played the beta, really enjoyed it so I bought the deluxe edition. :hansGASM::hansGASM::hansGASM:
18 Oct 2015, 16:49 PM

I didn't have any experience of everyone using the same loadouts and cards. I noticed a lot of people use sniper, shield, jetpack, and grenade. The only thing that seemed underused to me was the ability that made your weapon do more damage to vehicles. Its not a bad ability though, it shreds low altitude fighters and ATST's especially if you are using the machine gun. So really I don't think its a problem, because it only takes a couple guys on the team with that card actively trying to go after vehicles for it to make a difference. For blasters they also seemed used pretty equally to me with the exception of the pistol on Hoth and the Empire standard rifle on the other map, which makes total sense that people stick away from the CQB weapon on wide open maps and a slow RoF weapon on a close quarters map, same is true for any game. So those weren't issues at all for me.

The problems I noticed was vehicle sights not calibrated right, sniper scope being slightly off if you use it from 3rd person, and spawns. Unless the rest of the game we haven't seen is terrible I'll probably get it but not until around Christmas so I have time with Fallout ;)
18 Oct 2015, 17:24 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Did anyone notice that the machine gun you unlocked at level 5 looked like an MG42?

Also the Rebel blaster looked a lot like an StG. 44...
18 Oct 2015, 18:10 PM

Going to Buy Ultimate version :)

18 Oct 2015, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 09:33 AMConvuko
Is this game going to be available on steam? or just origin?
This game looks amazing :)
Just origin since it's a newer EA game.
18 Oct 2015, 21:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I was interested but the $50 DLC season pass before the game even released ain't right. I get DLC can be made after the main game is basically complete and then awaits release, but apparently $50+ worth of content is planned to be made after the game comes out already? Plan an Xpac instead.
18 Oct 2015, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 21:28 PMVuther
I was interested but the $50 DLC season pass before the game even released ain't right. I get DLC can be made after the main game is basically complete and then awaits release, but apparently $50+ worth of content is planned to be made after the game comes out already? Plan an Xpac instead.
Yea it sounds like they were planning Clone Wars as content for one of the 4 dlcs.
18 Oct 2015, 21:46 PM

Well it was really fun I must say. had some 40 killstreaks with AT-ST's :foreveralone: Bit to easy imo. They should add recoil or something like that.

Imperial was really OP first days of BETA. After few days more and more players on Rebel side knew the Orbital strike pickup could one shot the AT AT walker. Wich made games fairly even in the end.

It was like this:

18 Oct 2015, 22:02 PM

The beta was rather imbalanced, in both modes. On Hoth the Imperial side was just like "Sit and wait for AT-ST to pilot then Yolo two-shot all their turrets" whilst the 8v8 mode (which was actually in some cases more enjoyable) was "Grab the laser pistol because you can hide behind corners and insta-kill anyone walking towards you."

It was fun, but major issues like spawns, hard and soft counters and balance situations need to be addressed. It felt like a game of extremes, small arms practically wouldn't dent an AT-ST, then a rocket launcher one shots it, or turrets going down super fast to AT-ST lasers.

In a way I enjoyed being rebels more on Hoth because it meant a challenge as you couldn't merely camp the uplinks all day with your cycler rifles.
19 Oct 2015, 17:42 PM
Donator 11

Well it was really fun I must say. had some 40 killstreaks with AT-ST's :foreveralone: Bit to easy imo. They should add recoil or something like that.

Imperial was really OP first days of BETA. After few days more and more players on Rebel side knew the Orbital strike pickup could one shot the AT AT walker. Wich made games fairly even in the end.

It was like this:

same
:luvDerp:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment