Login

russian armor

Ostheer t4 and late game infantry

11 Oct 2015, 21:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Hello, I would like to talk about ostheer. Currently ostheer infantry has fallen behind. Due to Infantry sections being very good with great vet and abilities, riflemen and cons also get elite infantry levels of received accuracy at vet3. Yes yes scaling and what not but this is a bit dumb over lower reinforcement decrease, so I have found a way to make that seem ok.

Grens and as we all know panzergrenadiers have not adjusted well to these recent allied buffs. Having worse veterancy is the main point, as they are inherently weaker as a squad. Due to both higher received accuracy and lower model count, and no chances for dual equipping.

I would like to suggest a 5 man upgrade for 200 mp 40 fuel that is unlocked in the t4 building of BP3, as we all know ostheer t4 is the most expensive tech in the game and I think this upgrade would encourage more people to go t4 and make it worth its cost while also fixing otheer late game infantry survivability and scaling issues.

The 5 man upgrade sounds fair considering it is late game and costs a good amount. T4 cost could be lowered by 20 fuel though possibly as its not very viable in 1v1s.

On a side note, I would like to hear opinions on allowing g43s to be paired with lmg42s again. Seeing how lmgs and g43s have been nerfed, the fact that brits and USF have great infantry and veterancy, and dual equipping, and the fact that g43s are doctrinal. I would also like to say that dual equipping both upgrades should also require t4, as well as purchasing new squads with the 5 man upgrade unlocked make grenadiers 260-280 mp and pgrens 360-380, but reinforce stays the same, this way losing squads and replacing them isn't less harmful.

To keep up, I would like soviets to have a non doctrinal dp28 upgrade for conscripts upon reaching t4 that comes by default similar to coh1 riflemen bars because I realize the dp28 is not the best machine gun and also I don't want to clone ostheer, I also consider this a much better way of making them better because its not a straight stat buff, a vet buff, or something passive..

These help the vanilla factions keep up and help reinforce the idea that teching up has benefits over call ins, along with reducing the plague of one shot wipes, I really consider this a win win as it doesn't change anything but simply add to it, but I could be wrong please point some things out.
11 Oct 2015, 21:44 PM

I agree with you on all points. I'd also like to add to adjust volksgrenadiers to be better able to hold their grounds. Currently Axis is only able to keep their positions with heavy tanks, since infantry isn't properly scaled to the current late game. Relic please make axis infantry scale better in the late game.
11 Oct 2015, 21:47 PM

Permanently Banned

I agree with you on all points. I'd also like to add to adjust volksgrenadiers to be better able to hold their grounds. Currently Axis is only able to keep their positions with heavy tanks, since infantry isn't properly scaled to the current late game. Relic please make axis infantry scale better in the late game.
Okw is another issue entirely and I wouldn't be surprised that relic is already working on overhauling both USF and okw.
11 Oct 2015, 22:28 PM

11 Oct 2015, 22:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I dunno, I thinking toning down Allied vet would probably be enough.
12 Oct 2015, 01:11 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 00:22 AMpugzii
what about when u upgrade to t4 you get 10 man gren squads? Also panzer maus from t5 which they can introduce with a resurrected micheal whittman gunning it
lol looks like I hit a sore spot.
12 Oct 2015, 01:16 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 01:12 AMpugzii

Yeah man im salty as fuck, wanna play 2s?
I don't want to play the game till patch hits, game state is straight bad rn.
12 Oct 2015, 01:38 AM

Volks are in desperate need of a buff vs rifles and scripts.

Grens are in a pretty good spot atm, pgrens too. Ost also have the sniper and an MG that doesn't shoot rubber bullets, imo you are calling for buffs on the wrong faction.
12 Oct 2015, 01:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1-Regarding 5th man upgrade: i'll rather see other things done before like smoothing the OKW.

2-Game constantly evolves. So in today's meta and firepower, i don't see bad been able to have both upgrades back.
12 Oct 2015, 02:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 01:38 AMRollo

replace schreck with mp44 and faust.

okw need anti-infantry more than they need anti-tank.
12 Oct 2015, 02:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

2-Game constantly evolves. So in today's meta and firepower, i don't see bad been able to have both upgrades back.

I think I'm open to the concept myself, but how do you feel PPSh Scripts would fare against it? Actual question.
12 Oct 2015, 03:11 AM

I like the idea of a T4 infantry upgrade for Ostheer but I dislike copying what the Brits have because I enjoy diversity.

Very crackpot idea:swap Werfer and Pzgrens, buff Pzgrens to ridiculous elite status. (Like KC Holders of vCoH)
12 Oct 2015, 03:20 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 01:38 AMRollo

Grens are in a pretty good spot atm, pgrens too. Ost also have the sniper and an MG that doesn't shoot rubber bullets, imo you are calling for buffs on the wrong faction.
Can't help feeling you are being a little biased as pgrens certainly are not fine and do not keep up with baseline allied inf. Its generally accepted that pgrens are regarded as OK at best to bad.

Would rather volks don't get buffed straight up, but would rather get an stg faust package over shrek, and perhaps a slight buff to obers and sturmpios. As sturmpios stgs drop off like an submachine gun so they should just give them mp40s for visual purposes. Obers get rekt by infantry sections and can only really hold their own after buying the lmg and getting vet 2. I don't think buffing volks is a good idea.
12 Oct 2015, 05:00 AM
Donator 11

I think the tricky part is that grens as mainline infantry are just so cost effective and versatile (faust, rifle nades, lmg) that it makes very little sense to invest in pgrens as they are currently. Why make an expansive pgren squads that are somewhat easy to lose when you can have 3-5 grens perform just fine throughout the game for much cheaper?

I'm not sure how to go about doing so but I'd love to see pgrens slightly changed to the point something like gren>gren>mg>tech>pgren>pgren is viable.
12 Oct 2015, 05:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 02:34 AMVuther

I think I'm open to the concept myself, but how do you feel PPSh Scripts would fare against it? Actual question.

On the same way they fare against G43 if they get the jump on them. They'll attrition more if they have to close up.
12 Oct 2015, 06:07 AM

Both grenadiers and volksgrenadiers need some kind of buff but the fifth man for grens seems a little extreme to me.
I don't reject this idea as a solution to currently shitty grenadiers' state, but I feel there are better solutions to this.

The way I see it:

I have nothing against good scalling for allied infantry in middle and late game but this should be somehow compensated on axis' infantry side.
To put it bluntly, axis infantry should gain little through veterancy but overall be a tougher infantry unit with higher survivability (the lmg and G43 upgrades will give you the extra punch you need if you want to make it more deadly).
Allied infantry should be more fragile at the beginning but scale better as veterancy is gained.

And these featurse should be more visible ingame.
12 Oct 2015, 07:36 AM

Hello, I would like to talk about ostheer. Currently ostheer infantry has fallen behind. Due to Infantry sections being very good with great vet and abilities, riflemen and cons also get elite infantry levels of received accuracy at vet3. Yes yes scaling and what not but this is a bit dumb over lower reinforcement decrease, so I have found a way to make that seem ok.

Not sure about having it as a T4 upgrade, I'd say maybe have Vet 2 or 3 increase the squad size like it does for Rear Echelons.

On a side note, I would like to hear opinions on allowing g43s to be paired with lmg42s again. Seeing how lmgs and g43s have been nerfed, the fact that brits and USF have great infantry and veterancy, and dual equipping, and the fact that g43s are doctrinal.

This sounds fair. USF can dual equip M1919's and Brits can dual equip Brens and get Scoped Rifles with Vet. I do think they should disable Rifle Grenade if the guy with the Kar 98 dies though, how do you fire them without the proper rifle?

To keep up, I would like soviets to have a non doctrinal dp28 upgrade for conscripts upon reaching t4 that comes by default similar to coh1 riflemen bars because I realize the dp28 is not the best machine gun and also I don't want to clone ostheer, I also consider this a much better way of making them better because its not a straight stat buff, a vet buff, or something passive.

I'm not sure about this idea because it makes the DP 28 inconsistent with the Guard's version. I would say make Conscript PPSh's a stock universal upgrade, and replace them in Commanders with G43-style SVT-40's.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
unknown 6
Germany 745
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %