Login

russian armor

Why is Air Superiority "OP" ?

13 Oct 2015, 00:22 AM

The air strike is fine, it gives plenty of time, and it's expensive. The only problem is how it destroys OKW trucks with just a click. Manpower and fuel is far more important then Ammo. That said the upcoming changes are perfect. Won't be a point click and destroy, effort will have had to be put in previously or after the strike to destroy the trucks now. My problem is the other Air strikes British have, the insta plane arrival, short cool down, and it's cheap
13 Oct 2015, 00:46 AM

Covering artillery, the insta-engine killer infantry suppression arty strike is also extremely OP. British have too many "Give me that territory or get dumpstered" call-ins, even with the long-overdue (hell, it shouldnt have even been in the game) nerf of air supremacy.
13 Oct 2015, 05:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 22:39 PMLeodot

We, including myself, were testing that ability in the UKF - ALPHA. All I remember is that everyone said it is OP!

Also to change it a bit I recommended that you need line of sight to use it and not just click in the FoW.

But Relic didnt change anything, pls ask Kyle_RE why...

Wasnt it during alpha completly different?

First MGs strafe, then rockets and then, in the end bombing strike?

Now it's just bombing strike.
13 Oct 2015, 07:53 AM

Stuka bomber? Wipes units with no counter play.

Pardon me... are you deaf?
13 Oct 2015, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 07:53 AMJohnnyB

Pardon me... are you deaf?

No, I just cant see where Hitler's wrath will land.
13 Oct 2015, 15:05 PM

They should just increase the radius back to Alpha size. The bomb dispersion was so much better back then, I don't even remember killing an OKW with it.
13 Oct 2015, 15:32 PM

Wasnt it during alpha completly different?

First MGs strafe, then rockets and then, in the end bombing strike?

Now it's just bombing strike.

Yes you are right! But the result is the same, click in FOG and the HQ is erased!
13 Oct 2015, 15:33 PM

They should just increase the radius back to Alpha size. The bomb dispersion was so much better back then, I don't even remember killing an OKW with it.

But it was possible.
13 Oct 2015, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 15:33 PMLeodot

But it was possible.

Well, there were fewer bombers and the area was bigger. The bombs were scattered over a larger area so it was a more denying than damaging ability. I clearly recall using it multiple times in a row on that stupid double bridged map without even touching the trucks.

I think middle ground between what we have now and Alpha level (minus the strafes ofc) could be good. Hence my previous comment: just enlarge the area of effect (and/or remove 1-2 planes if not enough).
13 Oct 2015, 17:17 PM

because people don't retreat their units. it is very potent against campers and OKW players who cluster their trucks together. damage vs buildings could be reduced but i think the ability is working well.
13 Oct 2015, 17:25 PM

I think its fair to destroy trucks Cost for Cost.

However, i don´t think its fair for the OKW to have to wait 3 mins for a building that not only is strategic, its his tech tree.

Either remove the fuel cost for rebuilding trucks, OR greatly reduce or even remove the time to rebuild it.
13 Oct 2015, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 13:29 PMShanka

OKW base placement was doomed even before the faction was released, ML20 B4 were introduced way before OKW, it's relic fault to be blind how porrly defended those trucks are against arty or call-in, and just saying ONLY this ability is ruining the entire OKW design is just hilarious, if we follow your way of thinking, everything that can destroy an OKW base truck is ruining OKW :D

And Newflash CAS was not patched because patched means it's not over the top and in line with other commanders (in the case of a commander), planes just come a bit slower, it's not a patch, it's a slight nerf, the main problem still remains, you can pump out op strikes after op strikes :thumbsup:

Wow what a skill, i need to drop a recon run , when i see troops retrating, wow i need to launch the strike when troops are near the ambulance (can we talk about the units getting stuck when they arrived on their retreat and not being able to move ? ) Yes Air supremacy don't need much skill either, but it's not like you got a big ass red circle on the minimap and 10 secs (not sure aboute the time) to GTFO <444>_<444>

And don't say that i'm not objective while saying that you are, you are not superior to anyone to think that you tell the truth and somebody don't tell it :lol:

+1

The problem is packing too much power and cost in a single ability (or unit), which makes it difficult to balance. The line between OP and useless gets really thin when tied to a high cost, as it will most likely only be used once or twice a game. People expect it to deal an insane amount of damage for the cost. If it doesn't pay off, you won't get a second chance and have wasted a large amount of resources on nothing.

Reduce effectiveness and cost is probably the easiest way to go.

agree

13 Oct 2015, 20:57 PM

I think its fair to destroy trucks Cost for Cost.

However, i don´t think its fair for the OKW to have to wait 3 mins for a building that not only is strategic, its his tech tree.

Either remove the fuel cost for rebuilding trucks, OR greatly reduce or even remove the time to rebuild it.

Eh, it's fine.

OKW can survive without their trucks, especially at the point where they have 12 cp and a billion munitions.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★