Login

russian armor

Oct Balance Preview Patch Notes Gathered WIP

PAGES (8)down
9 Oct 2015, 21:46 PM

Permanently Banned
I mean hey im all for the isg nerf as it was broken. But without it, whats okws fate? Im fairly certain the broken ass isg was keeping them viable. Without it? Okw will get rolled. They aren't good at anything.

Sturmpioneers have no mid range damage, might as well give them mp40s because thats what those stgs act like.

Volks grenadiers are shite, they only have .81 received accuracy at vet 5 far far lower than other allied vet. The horribly unaesthetic shrek upgrade is only good vs vehicles and only reason you make volks, is to hold shreks.

Obers are cost inefficient and will still lose to cheaper allied infantry, or rather. They come at vet 0 and need to buy their lmg while all allied inf with newly buffed super vet 3 straight up trashes them.

Armor wise okw is fine, but their infantry game is just terrible. Also many units have unattainable vet 5. A slight -10-15% decrease in vet requirements should be given to some units like obers, sturmpioneers, fallschirmjager, and racketenwerfer.
9 Oct 2015, 22:08 PM

Pack howitzer becoming an unterinteresting unit in 3...2...1...

I do think the supression nerfs are in place.
Barrage nerfs are silly. Barrages should be rewarded. Now auto-fire just seems the best case overal.
9 Oct 2015, 22:19 PM

Projectile lowest angel increased from 10 to 40

This seems like a really interesting change. If I'm not mistaken what it means is that the pak howie and LEIG will arch their shots significantly higher than they currently do. As a result it is likely to take much longer for the round to arrive when direct firing the gun.
9 Oct 2015, 22:34 PM

My experience is purely from playing against them indeed, not going to buy the brits either. I don't have hate towards the Brits as a faction, just the centaur and some other units that are clearly overperforming.

My point is, this is a very great buff to the infantry sections that can defeat multiple units in green cover with their very high bonuses, something that should be a bit more expensive.

And for the remark on 'play Brits yourself', that is what people told me when they defend the commandos warp cloak and when they defended the Centaur :foreveralone:

Maybe we should add the Dutch as a faction.. oh wait
9 Oct 2015, 22:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 22:08 PM12ocky
Barrage nerfs are silly. Barrages should be rewarded. Now auto-fire just seems the best case overal.

Indeed. And last I checked, the barrage circle for GrW 34 is still practically half the size of the screen...
9 Oct 2015, 22:45 PM
Donator 11

Kv8 nerf seems a bit heavy handed imo, wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a smaller nerf after testing
9 Oct 2015, 22:55 PM

This seems like a really interesting change. If I'm not mistaken what it means is that the pak howie and LEIG will arch their shots significantly higher than they currently do. As a result it is likely to take much longer for the round to arrive when direct firing the gun.

Cool, now they really are glorified mortars.

That sucks, I already hated out they shot directly up despite their barrels not going that high. Might as well just replace them with Mortars at this point, there's no difference except arbitrary suppression.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 22:42 PMVuther
Indeed. And last I checked, the barrage circle for GrW 34 is still practically half the size of the screen...

That's because it uses the wrong circle in the UI. It's more accurate than the Soviet Mortar which uses a much smaller circle.
9 Oct 2015, 23:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's because it uses the wrong circle in the UI. It's more accurate than the Soviet Mortar which uses a much smaller circle.

Really? I pretty much found both respective ones working as advertised to me E.g. GrW is lucky to hit the edges of the squad in the circle, PM-41 actually does.
9 Oct 2015, 23:24 PM

As someone who uses prevalent amounts of KV-8s, crocs, and UCs, I'm really looking forward to these flame damage changes. Some people might say it's heavyhanded, but in reality, even if flame dmg was nerfed by 75% and it takes 4x longer to kill something, then in reality it's only a couple of seconds longer before moving on, so it sounds much more fair. (1s --> 4s if it's a 75% dmg nerf) (very general ballpark estimates but idea is still there)
9 Oct 2015, 23:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This looks like a hotfix rather than a proper patch.
9 Oct 2015, 23:52 PM

RIP OKW in 1v1...

Relic really needs to take the schreck off of Volks, make them not completely useless for killing things, re-work vet 5 and get rid of the silly income penalty.

Maybe Fusilier spam will rise again...? Probably not though. No way to deal with M20 and Vet 3 double BAR rifles.

All hail our new USF and Ost overlords.

Soviet is probably screwed without the KV-8. I guess Cons are still good for the first 5 minutes, after which point they're just free vet pinatas for LMG grens.
10 Oct 2015, 00:08 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm disappointed that they left some suppression on the light howitzers, it's such a frustrating mechanic and doesn't make any sense. They drop to the ground to avoid more incoming fire, against something that shoots so slow and accurate it just makes them get hit more. :foreveralone:

The only arty that should be able to suppress like that is something that throws a fuckton of ballistics at somebody, like the katyusha, panzerwerfer, calliope, and that brit thing that is coming. If they wanted it so each faction could have something to do this maybe give it to stuka.
10 Oct 2015, 00:46 AM

Tbh Axis is already in a bad place and I don't really see this patch helping it. Relic continue to close their ears to the fundamental problems with both Axis factions:

Ostheer - Grens are outdated. They need a revision to bring in line with the current meta. Why can't they have an optional upgrade to 5 man squads like the brits? The current meta is extremely skewed towards Allies in the early game (this patch only makes it worse). Basically go Osttruppen or lose.

OKW - What early game? Volks need a revision, elite infantry need a revision and veteranancy needs a revision.

Looking forward to the new uncounterable meta of vetted rifles, IS and Wasp spam seizing the early game.
10 Oct 2015, 00:47 AM

Kv8 nerf seems a bit heavy handed imo, wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a smaller nerf after testing

Yeah most the nerfs are incremental here. But that's a nerf hammer on KV8 which should probably be reduced 25% then check performance not nearly 50% in one change. But we will see.
10 Oct 2015, 02:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 00:08 AMTobis
I'm disappointed that they left some suppression on the light howitzers, it's such a frustrating mechanic and doesn't make any sense. They drop to the ground to avoid more incoming fire, against something that shoots so slow and accurate it just makes them get hit more. :foreveralone:

Exactly. Howizters at the very least should never pin. Of course a person would duck and get to cover to minimize damage from indirect fire, but a slow firing thing like a howitzer gives no reason for infantry to get pinned and wait to get shelled some more... Compared to HMGs where it is completely obvious why infantry get pinned - reveal yourself and get mowed down.
10 Oct 2015, 02:19 AM

Exactly. Howizters at the very least should never pin.

+1. ISG and Pack's should have a similar treatment as Rear Echelon's volley fire in which it can suppress, but never pin.
10 Oct 2015, 02:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1. ISG and Pack's should have a similar treatment as Rear Echelon's volley fire in which it can suppress, but never pin.

That actually might be possible with weapon upgrades I think actually.
10 Oct 2015, 02:44 AM

whats the commadnos dps now upclose..?? it should not be higher than shocks imo...also rip okw (all game modes)
10 Oct 2015, 03:27 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 22:08 PM12ocky
Pack howitzer becoming an unterinteresting unit in 3...2...1...

I do think the supression nerfs are in place.

I've been forcing Pack Howitzer since day one and it will probably still be totally fine.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight