Login

russian armor

Relic Twitch Streams

7 Oct 2015, 18:41 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Hey Guys,

some of you may have watched Relic's stream earlier, and most of you were certainly unsatified by it (me included). So I'd like know from you what you'd like to see in Relic's future streams.

I'll start.

Relic is a game developer. So when they stream, they should have something to share like patch notes, news, etc. So I would like something like this
  • Showing the new stuff. Not just talk about it, something that we can see (like patchnotes) + commentary.
  • Q&A
  • Optional: Automatch games (no games vs AI, no mods) or costum games with/against the community. And it would be nice to see good players like Brad to play, while Kyle commentates/interacts with the chat.

Please be serious and don't rant about past streams.

Cheers,
Luvnest
7 Oct 2015, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Agreed. Also I would like them to cut to the chase a little faster, usually it takes them 30 minutes to an hour to tell something I could tell to a community on a stream in like 10 minutes.
7 Oct 2015, 18:46 PM

yes this "we are excited" stuff sucks :( i want clear things not just talking around
7 Oct 2015, 18:49 PM
Donator 11

+1 luvnest
im totally fine with them not showing anything new but playing mods and compstomps is just boring to watch.
im totally fine with: Automatch games (no games vs AI) or costum games with/against the community. No mods
7 Oct 2015, 18:51 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

7 Oct 2015, 18:52 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

NDA?

Then they should stream as soon as they have something to reveal.
7 Oct 2015, 18:54 PM

Mods / tuning patch / game modes are fine.
The Twitch chat mod Renner88, however, is bad and should be removed.

Would like to get entire community games tho, 4v4 etc from stream chat / pros whatever is available. No vs AI like the gents above said.

Kyle also said right out of the gate the first few minutes all about the upcoming October patch's balance: ISG centaur flame tank nerfs.
7 Oct 2015, 18:56 PM

ANY RELEVANT INFORMATION ON ANY TOPIC RELATED TO THE FUTURE!

That is all.
7 Oct 2015, 19:00 PM
Donator 11

+1 :luvArmy:
7 Oct 2015, 19:03 PM
Donator 11

:bananadance:

7 Oct 2015, 19:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Does anyone remember the medic mod 4v4 they did a couple months ago?

do more stuff like that pls.
7 Oct 2015, 19:26 PM
Donator 11

Replying to this thread is something that I'm definitely looking into, I can't say much about it right now but it is on my replies roadmap.

On a serious note, just more details would be appreciated. That and more relevant gameplay. Maybe they could cast top players playing on the balance preview mod in the coming weeks?
7 Oct 2015, 19:28 PM

I'd like to see the following:
1. organization
2. effort on presentation (this game is a big deal for some people)
3. no more losses vs. hard AI zzzz
4. hold off of streams until a lot more information is ready
5. and 6. as luvnest said
Q&A
Optional: Automatch games (no games vs AI, no mods) or costum games with/against the community.
7 Oct 2015, 19:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I agree on some points. All in all Kyle talked about two big announcements which instead were the obvious things that are going to be fixed in the next patch and that we are all expecting already and the contest about ingame bugs. (which is funny but a bit questionable considering how frustrating it has been for the community to deal with bugs and exploit abusers in the recent months)

I don't mind on the stream itself and the games showed, Kyle should show mods to promote the work done by our great community and previously Brad did those strat talks that are interesting for the generalist audience with a medium to low skill level.

If anything I would have preferred if Relic re-scheduled the stream due to Kyle not feeling that well and doing it like tomorrow or Friday. Personally I don't mind having Kyle and Brad alternating on the stream, I think it's an interesting way for Relic to promote their channel and I don't expect them to necessarly show how good they are at the game. At least imo ;)
7 Oct 2015, 19:47 PM

Some of the requests posted here would change the Relic stream into a once a quarter, 15 minute news segment. I do not believe this would be a good approach. Even with having nothing new to share, the streams are a form of community engagement and I moderately enjoy them.

I do feel things could be a bit more interesting if Kyle could convince some of the other staff members to come on stream and talk about wtf they do so the community can build a better appreciation for all the talent involved. Watching how maps get balanced, how Relic artists take photos and make them a digital thing, maybe a couple 'how to mod' segments etc etc. While everybody enjoys new and shiny there is still a fair amount of non-NDA breaking things that could be shared with the community that are interesting.

Also, maybe clearly identifying what is in the steam before hand so those community members who are looking for something specific can make an informed choice either to watch the stream or not.
7 Oct 2015, 19:51 PM

+1 :snfPeter:

I recommend they talk about how they plan on exactly optimizing the game, expanding the player base, and finding fresh material to make the game unique.

BECAUSE WE WAIT IMPATIENTLY FOR STUFF THAT SHOULD BE DONE ALREADY :hansGG:

Every time I visit their stream I keep getting :hansREKT: by their incompetence, for the most part.
7 Oct 2015, 19:57 PM

Replying to this thread is something that I'm definitely looking into, I can't say much about it right now but it is on my replies roadmap.

I LOL'd
7 Oct 2015, 20:53 PM

Then they should stream as soon as they have something to reveal.

THIS THIS THIS. They are probably gonna release Preview Mod Patch Notes in a couple of days. So schedule your stream based on Patch notes!
7 Oct 2015, 21:23 PM

I know I was bored and frustrated by it, I guess it was cool and all for the show off of a game type. In that case skins and maps should have been community made and new too. But I think most people watch relics stream for information that they don't know already, if we want to see game play, we watch someone who has a stream for that.
7 Oct 2015, 21:49 PM

I agree entirely, The stream is more or less a grab bag of what can we get relic to tell us rather than a showcasing of the game.

It would be nice if the focus shifted to more serious game
play, the focus should after all be on the game.

It would also be nice if relic structured the stream and said "we want to talk about/show off x/y/z things we've been working on, at present this is where we are in the process."

In short Structure and content could both use a look at, I don't think many people are coming away from these streams with a more positive opinion of relic because of this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★