Login

russian armor

KV-8

6 Oct 2015, 17:53 PM

As whermacht it is counter by paks and stugs but as OKW it is so hard figthing against it.

JP4?

There isn't much of a need to blindly go for panther when you anticipate KV-8.
6 Oct 2015, 17:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This has been suggested in the past before. I still think some mp adjustments could be made (not fuelwise) making teching T4 for both SU/OH a bit more rewarding.

Same logic of no tech KV8 into IS2 could be applied to Stug-E into Tiger.
6 Oct 2015, 20:34 PM

and the eternal war between call-in and tech continues.....

the reason why the tiger was limited to one and the e8 and t34 85 was move into the building was because they made teching obsolete. The changes was to limit doctrinal tank.

This is why the king tiger and the panther are not limited, because they are part of the tech tree.

Unfortunately, the meta just shift to using the stug e and kv-8 instead. In a 1v1, stalling for doctrinal tank seems to be much better strategy than actually teching. We need a more comprehensive solution for all the call in tanks.
7 Oct 2015, 00:32 AM

I am more surprised why KV-1 and KV-8 are not restricted to 1 as they are both heavy tanks...

КВ and panther in same weight group... so one panther also.
and why it's not a doctrinal tank?
if u speak about historical,don't forget about t 34\85 witch was outmass every german tank,and it doctrinal tank
7 Oct 2015, 00:36 AM

and about КВ восемь... most complaints about it
"i cant kill it with my infanty"
just make it more CP cost and enemy will have more time to build some armored at
7 Oct 2015, 00:47 AM

Tbh i think the KV-8 is fine, but either a limit or a cp increase could be needed.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 17:46 PMaaa

i hope they RE Not that insane to do any of that.
though I can expect any BS from them.
The game is like a beta now with axis favorite game breking bugs

Axis fave game breaking bugs?

You mean like the M10 population bug? Oops no thats USF
You mean like the partisan dps bug? Oops no thats SU
You mean like the vickers range bug? Oops no thats Birt
You mean like the Bofors dps bug? Oops no thats Brit
You mean like the Centaur instantly clearing buildings bug? Oops no thats brits.
You mean like the Sherman rate of fire bug? Oops no thats USF
You mean like the Command Vehicle bonus weapon decrew bug? Oops no thats Brits again.
You mean like the Partisan spy network bug and 0cp? Oops no thats SU again.

Seriously if we gave you an enema we could fit you in a matchbox.
7 Oct 2015, 00:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 00:47 AMCorsin
You mean like the M10 population bug? Oops no thats USF

What bug do you refer to exactly?
7 Oct 2015, 01:21 AM

Yeah a unit that wipes full health squads and hmgs although you instantly retreat is so balanced. Lmao
7 Oct 2015, 02:01 AM

KV-8 is far from balanced because of the flame damage. It's just insane. inb4 "so it actually kills what it's supposed to!>>E"#"

It's DPS to infantry is not balanced.
7 Oct 2015, 02:40 AM
Patrion 28

Yeah a unit that wipes full health squads and hmgs although you instantly retreat is so balanced. Lmao

m3 flamer could do the same thing until the flamer changes.
7 Oct 2015, 02:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 00:47 AMCorsin

Tbh i think the KV-8 is fine, but either a limit or a cp increase could be needed.

Axis fave game breaking bugs?

1You mean like the M10 population bug? Oops no thats USF
2You mean like the partisan dps bug? Oops no thats SU
3You mean like the vickers range bug? Oops no thats Birt
4You mean like the Bofors dps bug? Oops no thats Brit
5You mean like the Centaur instantly clearing buildings bug? Oops no thats brits.
6You mean like the Sherman rate of fire bug? Oops no thats USF
7You mean like the Command Vehicle bonus weapon decrew bug? Oops no thats Brits again.
8You mean like the Partisan spy network bug and 0cp? Oops no thats SU again.

Seriously if we gave you an enema we could fit you in a matchbox.

I'll just mention things that are present or were active during the period of time you mention.
1-That's more like crews in general and not restricted to M10.
2-Well, before that Grenadier had extra receive accuracy modifiers.
34568-Yep stupid. Regarding 5, while not stupidly overpowered as the Centaur, FlakHT and P2 have been change to be effective building cleaners. Both 4&5 are not bugs, just bad balance.
7-That can be done as OH, OKW and SU.
9-IR HT has been broken since release, giving you legal maphacks :D
10-Artillery officer gives you "original" 16 rockets on PW.
11-Blitzing, TWP, ram, etc with criticals.
12-OKW ghost wire and all factions ghost sandbags.
13-Sturmtiger 15s reload (fixed)

Nevermind, i just realized you were answering to aaa. Whatever, i'll keep this list :P
7 Oct 2015, 03:39 AM

KV-8 is fine, ppl just have to l2p.

Also, Fyi, heavy tanks are actually called "heavy" because of the weight of the tanks. All this weight has to go somewhere and usually that's armour. So the KV-1 and the KV-8 were early war heavies but not the late war heavies and were becoming obsolete as having an ability for survivability, as is represented in the game.

This thread though, from what most here has been saving save Kaitof, Corsin and Elchino7.... it seems like everyone wants to just be lazy and expect the balance team to do all the work for them, rather than adapting they just come here to whine.
Eg:
dumb logic, you know why? because if I build a P4 to counter my opponents KV-8 he will have an IS-2 whch I am hopeless against.

Seriously? How is this even a comparison? Just because he has a KV-8 doesn't mean he'll get an IS-2 at the same time. Also, this is 300-330 fuel and 1k MP vs about 330 MP and 125 fuel or something. :facepalm:
aaa
7 Oct 2015, 06:42 AM

So a soviet can't call in a is-2 and kv-8 without building no advandced tier.

Why axis can callin puma, stug, command tank, tiger without spending on tier? I would like tie all tanks to buiildings.
And as you mentioned 3485 is just ordinary medium to make it commander dependant T4 unit.
7 Oct 2015, 08:21 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 00:36 AMGLBZ
and about КВ восемь... most complaints about it
"i cant kill it with my infanty"
just make it more CP cost and enemy will have more time to build some armored at

Half English half Russian? :thumbsup:

KV-8 doesnt need increase in CP its fine where it is.
And yes, I was talking historically it was a heavy tank.
T34-85 was still considered a medium tank regardless of it weight compared to german vehicles.
But historical accuracy is not something you will find in CoH
7 Oct 2015, 08:33 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 03:39 AMhubewa

Also, Fyi, heavy tanks are actually called "heavy" because of the weight of the tanks. All this weight has to go somewhere and usually that's armour. So the KV-1 and the KV-8 were early war heavies but not the late war heavies and were becoming obsolete as having an ability for survivability, as is represented in the game.

Seriously? How is this even a comparison? Just because he has a KV-8 doesn't mean he'll get an IS-2 at the same time. Also, this is 300-330 fuel and 1k MP vs about 330 MP and 125 fuel or something. :facepalm:

So we can safely agree that "if" HP is based on weight in this game then KV-1,8,2 should have more health than the IS-2 because KV-1 = 47.5 t while IS-2 was 46 tonns

Also KV tanks were used almost throughout the whole war from 40-44
7 Oct 2015, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 03:39 AMhubewa

This thread though, from what most here has been saving save Kaitof, Corsin and Elchino7.... it seems like everyone wants to just be lazy and expect the balance team to do all the work for them, rather than adapting they just come here to whine.
Eg:

There are people here who have much more experience than you in 1v1 complaining about the KV-8 balance. You're L2P comment isn't justified. You give no reasons why it's balanced. Flame damage is too powerful and it will be adjusted in the future.
7 Oct 2015, 08:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

That's what I am saying until KV-8 hits the field you can prepare for it no problem, 2 of them are a bit of an issue if you have no map control.

Anything is an issue if you have no map control...
7 Oct 2015, 09:01 AM

L2P.
Smoke and flank :romeoPro:

But honestly, yesterday I had insane 2v2 game. Pure mayhem. 53min on Moscow Outskirts with hmmm 5-6 KV8s? Just insane number but overall, it was OK.

I had by that time raketens, volks with schrecks and was able to easily counter it (just don't blob with all AT in one spot). If I picked JPIV or Panther it would be even a lot easier.

So from 2v2 point of view, I don't see any issues here.

As for 1v1, it might be problematic but Stug/JP will keep it at bay.

As for tiding everything to tech, I have feeling that Wehrmacht will be dead if Stug E will be tied to teching since many times you can't afford teching and just call Stug E to save your day.
7 Oct 2015, 09:06 AM

So we can safely agree that "if" HP is based on weight in this game then KV-1,8,2 should have more health than the IS-2 because KV-1 = 47.5 t while IS-2 was 46 tonns

Also KV tanks were used almost throughout the whole war from 40-44

No, can KV were only used on the beginnig of the war, production stopped early in favor of t34 (if my memory is right)

More on topic if ppl want the KV8 locked down behind teching, relic need to lock down EVERY SINGLE call-ins tank axis or allies behind tech, it would be a shame if only allies tanks would be locked down on tech ( i'm looking at you stug e command p4, puma, panther command, Jagtiger, i'm not forgetting lend lease sherman)

As for the heavy tank limitation i don't know if people understand it was meant to not have armies of tigers or IS2, if you want to apply the limitation on all heavy tanks, fine, OST go for brumbar and can't call in a tiger beacause brumbar is heavy, same for Konigs :clap:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★