Login

russian armor

Sheman Emergency Hotfix required!!!

2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 5 Oct 2015, 19:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'm sorry but this bans for exploits policy is just wrong.

How do you draw the line between a bannable exploit and one that is OK? And how many times do you need to exit and re-man a vehicle before you qualify for a ban? Everyone has their interpretation. In OCF, crocs, ace doctrine and rifle company were banned (and rightfully so if you ask me).

At high-level play some of the more questionable gameplay mechanics can have a very significant and unfair impact on the outcome of a battle. I would argue that if you start going down the path of banning people for using this bug, you should ban people using the croc or lieg spam.

Or Relic can bite the bullet, live up to its mistakes and fix the damn game in a timely manner. What was all that talk about a "game as a service"?

Well the service is broken, and Relic's answer is to punish first and fix later. It really doesn't look good.

Our, 1st Priority is to get this bug fixed. Ban recommendations were made for users caught using this in Automatch.
5 Oct 2015, 19:23 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Okay I can't stand this shit anymore!

Damn people you are so disgusting seriously! How many codes is CoH2 likely to have? I would guess it is a fucking huge amount of code-lines. These bugs are most likely a very small typo or anything that isn't recognized as a coding error at all. I don't blame people who miss one of those out in about 10 bazillion lines of code.

The people who abuse these things are the people to blame! Bugs occur and game developers are very much dependant on the community with helping to fix them, because it's the player who is most likely to discover it. The right thing to do then is to tell it to the DEV AND ONLY THE DEV for fucks sake instead of abusing it to ruin the fun of other players or even spread this kind of behaviour!
5 Oct 2015, 19:24 PM

Our, 1st Priority is to get this bug fixed. Ban recommendations were made for users caught using this in Automatch.

Was this the case with the vickers bug?
5 Oct 2015, 19:28 PM

Pfft y'all are just overreacting. Relic barely ever bans anybody. They are just trying to scare people into not abusing it until they can fix it.
5 Oct 2015, 19:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Okay I can't stand this shit anymore!

Damn people you are so disgusting seriously! How many codes is CoH2 likely to have? I would guess it is a fucking huge amount of code-lines. These bugs are most likely a very small typo or anything that isn't recognized as a coding error at all. I don't blame people who miss one of those out in about 10 bazillion lines of code.

The people who abuse these things are the people to blame! Bugs occur and game developers are very much dependant on the community with helping to fix them, because it's the player who is most likely to discover it. The right thing to do then is to tell it to the DEV AND ONLY THE DEV for fucks sake instead of abusing it to ruin the fun of other players or even spread this kind of behaviour!

Agreed, yet you can't deny that every patch breaks about two to three more things after one or two things are fixed. I can see why people get frustrated with this, this has been going on for over two years.

Abusers should be banned, but this is just fail on Relic's part, again.
5 Oct 2015, 19:36 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Agreed, yet you can't deny that every patch breaks about two to three more things after one or two things are fixed. I can see why people get frustrated with this, this has been going on for over two years.

Abusers should be banned, but this is just fail on Relic's part, again.

Sure I don't blame people because they are frustrated I also don't like it, that there are these kind of bugs.

But overall they should hate on the people who abuse this instead of reporting it to Relic.
5 Oct 2015, 19:45 PM

This is probably the worst bug I've seen since 2007.
5 Oct 2015, 20:00 PM

Pfft y'all are just overreacting. Relic barely ever bans anybody. They are just trying to scare people into not abusing it until they can fix it.

This.

Game has already few players.

Just like the ban teamkillers.

Remember when people got banned for vickers mg range bug?:D:clap:

5 Oct 2015, 20:00 PM

Permanently Banned

Sure I don't blame people because they are frustrated I also don't like it, that there are these kind of bugs.

But overall they should hate on the people who abuse this instead of reporting it to Relic.

I agree. But still I can relate to the people that get frustrated. Nonetheless, good post sir Editor in Chief :)
5 Oct 2015, 20:05 PM

And I'm calling Relic out for their policy of issuing bans on exploits. Because this could either turn into:

1. A witch hunt.
2. Accusations that you're not banning enough.

I think I've made a strong case that accusing someone for this exploit is not that clear cut. Sure you can get your tanks firing 1000% faster, but what about 50%, or 30%? If you end up with 4 tanks that fire 30% faster than they should, it's still an exploit, no? What about the fact that people want to repair their tanks and over the course of a long game they can unknowingly reach some arbitrary ban threshold?

My point is that fixing the bug is all Relic should be doing, not policing.

If it was up to me, I would temporarily disable USF in automatch until this gets fixed. If anyone can unknowingly trigger this exploit and be banned for it, then it's better to just remove the faction.
5 Oct 2015, 20:10 PM

You know you could just do a quick hotfix for 1 unit instead of going full banning mode weeks later :luvDerp:

Same for vickers
5 Oct 2015, 21:38 PM

So nobody was banned for vickers abuse, but for this you get banned? LELic logic
5 Oct 2015, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 20:00 PMWhoa
Remember when people got banned for vickers mg range bug?:D:clap:
So nobody was banned for vickers abuse, but for this you get banned? LELic logic

And who says nobody got banned for Vickers? Did anyone even report it?
5 Oct 2015, 22:40 PM

tested it vs ai. yes it works lmao
5 Oct 2015, 23:29 PM
Patrion 28

Sherman bulletins stack every time you pop out and back into the vehicle, the bonus keeps getting applied over and over again, reliably whenever you try it. Jackson bulletins do not reliably stack the reload bonus when popping out and back into the vehicle, I had some success but not consistently.

o_O

very odd. might help relic track down the issue though. or it might just turn out to be multiple issues and make it harder.

EDIT: aw, i didn't get to abuse radio net before it was fixed :(
5 Oct 2015, 23:35 PM

And who says nobody got banned for Vickers? Did anyone even report it?

Is price banned? :snfPeter:
5 Oct 2015, 23:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Get over it people. This bug isn't going to be accidentally triggered and hasent been since USF release. The people using it are doing it intentionally and with malice. Everyone who had a Vickers took it in and out of buildings, nobody sits there and mans and demans a tank or weapon in order to break it. There's a word for this, it's called cheating and its not tolerated here and I am exceptionally proud that Relic is going to take this stance. After all those that are doing it are basically taunting in their games how Relic won't do anything, what do they expect?

Closing this, its purpose was to inform and it has done so.

PS - Please report with a replay when you find someone doing this, thanks!
6 Oct 2015, 00:29 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Thanks Team Relic for the fast fix!
6 Oct 2015, 01:17 AM

Is price banned? :snfPeter:

Did anyone report him? Relic doesn't exactly have an overwatch policy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★