Login

russian armor

Team games gameplay in worst state since launch

PAGES (7)down
5 Oct 2015, 05:05 AM

ISG and Pack Howie needs to be either A) Accurate (to a degree) indirect fire that is good at wiping models with no or light suppression or B) Inaccurate (to a degree) indirect fire that has heavier suppression that helps win engagements via suppression when it does hit. Right now they have too much of both accuracy and suppression.

5 Oct 2015, 05:10 AM

Permanently Banned
This game has once again turned into company of artillery. Most of the killing, or should I say most of the decisive blows are all done by artillery nowadays. Long range, micro free, automated laser cannons that wipe entire squads or enough to cause constant retreats singlehandedly.

Its quite frankly just bullshit, I am hating this game more than ever. Artillery that does all the work for you from across the map is such trash garbage gameplay. Its no fun.

This game was only fun when squad positioning and unit micro took precedence over would can amass more artillery and defend it. Artillery should never be the main fighting force. I have friends that always make 2+ isgs and pack howitzers now. Sometimes 6+ isgs in a 4v4 just because they are that broken.

And lelic says everything is fine. Incompetent idiots.

A revert of the ninja buffs put on the pack howitzer and isg is in order. They need to go back to the state where they had just gotten a -100 manpower buff. Or should I say pre-patch. As they were perfect before. Also smoke barrage/white phosphorus for isg instead of 15% more range.

Aside from isg many other things need a looking at. Not just crap ass units. But OP stuff currently plaguing the game. Crutch units and abilities.

Vanguard for british is out of control. The anti everything typhoons that cost less than the other skill planes at only 200 muni, they also have 0 delay before flying in like the other planes. As soon as you call them in they appear immediately.

Air supremacy carpet bombing 1 click destroy all. Humor me, but remember Urban assault commander from more than a year ago with the Heinkel Bombing run. After watching a video of that being used through mods its very clear that this is exactly that. This commander was never released due to how broken that ability was but its brought in with the british? For what reason? I hate to believe in conspiracy bullshit that relic made brits OP for more $$$ but with all the things this game has been through I reassure myself that relic continues to be incompetent idiots.

Centaur firepower in comparison to the ostwind and churchill healthpool also provide great crutches for bad players, as discussed many times over as before.

This and mines being overbuffed again.

Aside from that this may seem like a whine of ALLIES OP. But these units/abilities are legitimately overpowered. After many nerfs, I would be happy to hear what currently OP things axis still possesses on the level of what I just currently listed.

Relic, test your patches. Can't believe you get paid to put out such stupid mistakes.
5 Oct 2015, 06:16 AM
Patrion 14

the title is kind of an overstatement.

am i the only one remembering constant firing panzerwerfer? panther master race?

the good old days of 100 range elephant and isu? the days when those were literally ONLY and i mean ONLY ONE way to win?

and the brief period when katyusha got its damage and aoe buffed? bye bye okw base in one volley?

ober aryan master race? unstoppable volk blobs? the brainchild of gren and pgren blobbage?

CAS? OP for like a year, thank god it was MWNL prize so that only a few had them.

????????

the real thing that matters is that relic better balance the game to a better extent before they go off on their holiday and stick the players with a shit game for like a third of a year... like they did last year. i mean fallout4 is coming out man. witcher 3 paid dlcs, sc2 dlc, etc etc.

please, we need at least two patches before christmas:

one to fix things now and another to fix what the first patch broke/didnt fix.
5 Oct 2015, 06:27 AM

Yup unfortunly it's true. Even moved to 1v1s because of it
5 Oct 2015, 07:41 AM

the title is kind of an overstatement.

Na-a, thats why I wrote

Now you can say some of those things was there forever, but even if they were before, they never were so prevalent and never stacked together.

While you absolutely right with all of the stuff, it was mostly late game problems. To use kats and isus players had to play game to survive till late. But currently playing game ends once very first isg reaches medHQ. Thats precisely reason i created this topic in gameplay section, despite fact all problems listed balance based.

And amount of other BS stuff makes problem with isgs/pack howitzers significantly worse.
5 Oct 2015, 07:59 AM

am i the only one remembering constant firing panzerwerfer? panther master race?

the good old days of 100 range elephant and isu? the days when those were literally ONLY and i mean ONLY ONE way to win?

and the brief period when katyusha got its damage and aoe buffed? bye bye okw base in one volley?

ober aryan master race? unstoppable volk blobs? the brainchild of gren and pgren blobbage?

:guyokay:
5 Oct 2015, 08:10 AM

Play vCoh? :luvCarrot:

The new Relic team have only fucked up the lobby - the game is untouched by the new Relic team.
5 Oct 2015, 08:29 AM

Oh I don't know. It's tough to recall those halcyon days of pre-redeployment with much lucidity, but I swear the ISG's are so proliferate now, and at such an early stage of the game that they negate any sort of tactical play after the first engagement forcing the thrust of play into rolling counter-barrage dice and hoping you don't come up snake eyes. At least in the past the frustrating things either ramped up and spiraled out of control or would hit a threshold, and weren't as guaranteed. Obers still died to explosives. This, this is the complete curtailing of variety. Given the context of the faction dynamics now, games are won now within 9 minutes of placing a few units in the center of the map and walking away...
5 Oct 2015, 09:01 AM

Permanently Banned
+1 Company of Supression
I ony have questin, why lelic dont do fast fix ?
5 Oct 2015, 09:03 AM

Permanently Banned
It feels like right now you need to outcheese your opponents to win, legit micro, flank & tactical play doesn't matter that much anymore.

+1
5 Oct 2015, 09:14 AM

I'd love to see a white phosporus for the LeIG
5 Oct 2015, 09:25 AM
Patrion 14

Imo both howies were perfect last patch, i hope relic will change it back. Oh, and the captain on me changes as well, i think it got nerfed, no more increased accuracy for squads it seems.
5 Oct 2015, 09:35 AM

I'd give them 25% reduce scatter not the 50% reduced scatter they got.
5 Oct 2015, 10:02 AM

Air supremacy carpet bombing 1 click destroy all. Humor me, but remember Urban assault commander from more than a year ago with the Heinkel Bombing run. After watching a video of that being used through mods its very clear that this is exactly that. This commander was never released due to how broken that ability was but its brought in with the british? For what reason? I hate to believe in conspiracy bullshit that relic made brits OP for more $$$ but with all the things this game has been through I reassure myself that relic continues to be incompetent idiots.

Relic, test your patches. Can't believe you get paid to put out such stupid mistakes.

This is not Conspiracy Theory mate. This is legit developer marketing tactic, to release OP stuff then balance them. Lelic forget about the Balancing aspect (instead they nerfed Emplacements :rofl: ). Remember how OP OKW was? Then they put OKW on Humble-bundle for $1. Then comes the Nerf hammer. This is the market, we can't do anything about it but it seems that Relic used this tactic without planning ahead.

the real thing that matters is that relic better balance the game to a better extent before they go off on their holiday and stick the players with a shit game for like a third of a year... like they did last year. i mean fallout4 is coming out man. witcher 3 paid dlcs, sc2 dlc, etc etc.

please, we need at least two patches before christmas:

one to fix things now and another to fix what the first patch broke/didnt fix.

True words. Just fix "what you've fixed before but accidentally messed up again" before you enter Silent Mode. I like how Relic masochistically increase their workload, they could count on us -most members of this community like coders,a strategists, map makers, etc- to help them. But they don't, out of pride maybe? I don't know.

@OP. Most of your points are spot on. IMO ISG/PackHowi should act more or less like heavy arty. Remove Autofire (or nerf it to the ground and remove suppression) but buff barrage and reduce its cooldown.

Brits need a lot of tweaks. In teamgames which MP issue is not that big, Brits will REK everything with their OP synergy.
aaa
5 Oct 2015, 10:16 AM

just hotfix (remove) leigs. The rest is managable and not gamebreaking.
Later they can remove tiger ace as well.

Flamers are strong but balanced cuz all sides have flamers or flame grenades. Plus without KV8 there is no way not to lose to stupid pgren blobs.
5 Oct 2015, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 10:16 AMaaa
just hotfix (remove) leigs. The rest is managable and not gamebreaking.
Later they can remove tiger ace as well.

Flamers are strong but balanced cuz all sides have flamers or flame grenades. Plus without KV8 there is no way not to lose to stupid pgren blobs.

So, partisans, air supremacy, churchill, centaur and pack howie: manageable and not gamebreaking. Got it.
5 Oct 2015, 10:36 AM

So, partisans, air supremacy, churchill, centaur: manageable and not gamebreaking. Got it.

dude play the game. aslong as a pzgren blob is still the "iwin" button allys needs buffs and axis some heavy nerfs.
5 Oct 2015, 10:47 AM

My opinion is that the balance was screwed up in team games when brits arrived.

Fase one: new OP faction introduced. Owns everything in 1v1 and 2v2. Axis players obliged to play with doctrines that involve heavy AT counters because of churchills.
Fase two: Relic got scared and nerfed emplacements + churchill a little bit. Buffs the other allied infantry a little bit too. Makes partisans totaly broken. Brits only OP in 2v2 and above. Buffs the ISG.
Fase three: Volks are verry shitty because of Fase two, effective on a little niche, because of incendiary (vs static units, buildings and emplacements) and still effective against light vehicles, total zero value in infantry combats. => OKW players obliged to ISG spam, as only viable no-fuel counter against allied blobs. Grenadiers feeling a little shitty too.

So here we are, with infantry support weapons overperforming, cheesee allied tactics, churchill avalanches breaking lines to Axis bases limit, air attacks that wipe entire hq buildings, teamgames where allied are best from early to lategame unless ISG is widely used.

JLI
5 Oct 2015, 10:50 AM

So if the infantry support guns had to be nerfed how would you guys do it?

remove them from the game

add mortars
5 Oct 2015, 10:50 AM

dude play the game. aslong as a pzgren blob is still the "iwin" button allys needs buffs and axis some heavy nerfs.

Dude, if I spam partisans in early game you will never got to that "pzgrenblob". If I equip my rifles will bars I will not care about your pzgren blob. If you don't equip your pzgren blob with shrecks, I will crush it with my vehicles. Any vehicles.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS