Login

russian armor

OKW Elite Infantry and some other Issues

1 Oct 2015, 16:30 PM

Not necessarily, they could just consolidate the power of vet 5 into 3 vets. Vet requirements aren't symmetrical anyway so they could be the exact same buffs/requirements.

I feel like there will be too much, like if you get all the same bonus per vet to vet 5 and bring it back to vet 3 max, it will be too much imo

i'm okay with like 10% easier to vet but not much it will surely help vetting faster to gain that effieciency which is required
1 Oct 2015, 16:31 PM

OKW in general is an issue :foreveralone:
1 Oct 2015, 16:36 PM

Vet 5 on vehicles is largely pointless because the Big Ones will never have a long enough game to get past vet 2 or 3 and the smaller one die so easy they don't live long enough to see past vet 2-3. Functionally this makes it so Vet 5 is largely pointless.

Vehicles with decent chances of making it past Vet 3:

Stuka Zu Fuss
OKW PIV
Jadgpanzer IV

Vehicles with a somewhat decent chance:

Sturmtiger
Puma

Vehicles that rarely hit above Vet 3, but it's possible:

Panther Variants

That's about it. Speaking about 1v1 and 2v2 here.
1 Oct 2015, 16:39 PM

Volks just need more options... Assault package or AT package... Not just... the generic shrek. makes the gameplay stale.
1 Oct 2015, 16:53 PM

Vet 5 on vehicles is largely pointless because the Big Ones will never have a long enough game to get past vet 2 or 3 and the smaller one die so easy they don't live long enough to see past vet 2-3. Functionally this makes it so Vet 5 is largely pointless.

Vehicles with decent chances of making it past Vet 3:

Stuka Zu Fuss
OKW PIV
Jadgpanzer IV

Vehicles with a somewhat decent chance:

Sturmtiger
Puma

Vehicles that rarely hit above Vet 3, but it's possible:

Panther Variants

That's about it. Speaking about 1v1 and 2v2 here.
Agreed completely. I'd even say the Stuka should go off the list.

JP4 is about the only OKW vehicle I can get to Vet 5 consistently.

I once had a long, long slugfest on Moscow Outskirts against a Brit/American team, with a Jagdtiger that survived for almost 20 minutes and was continually firing at Churchills and Jacksons the whole time.

It only ever made it to vet 3.
1 Oct 2015, 16:54 PM

i would love the vcoh feature choosing if u wanna vet offensive or defensive, just like the panzerelite. was an awesome feature!
1 Oct 2015, 16:59 PM

What the hell you're talking about? Vet5 units are bad? Fals even at Vet 0 kill infantry for breakfast, at Vet 5 they rape any unit they want. Obers with lmg upgrade will kill everything provided they are used at correct range at Vet5 they're unstoppable killing even broken (arm) Commandos.

To summarise you want powerful Vet5 bonuses to come as quick as Vet3? Yeah, that's a great idea.
Let me explain for you that OKW gets 2 additional Vet levels so of course it takes longer to reach level 5 then level 3 and that's completely normal! There is nothing wrong with that.

I fell this topic was born due to sheer envy over UKF Infantry Section. Well you can have all these changes if you'll make OKW early game as shitty as UKF is.
1 Oct 2015, 17:11 PM

What the hell you're talking about? Vet5 units are bad? Fals even at Vet 0 kill infantry for breakfast, at Vet 5 they rape any unit they want. Obers with lmg upgrade will kill everything provided they are used at correct range at Vet5 they're unstoppable killing even broken (arm) Commandos.

To summarise you want powerful Vet5 bonuses to come as quick as Vet3? Yeah, that's a great idea.
Let me explain for you that OKW gets 2 additional Vet levels so of course it takes longer to reach level 5 then level 3 and that's completely normal! There is nothing wrong with that.

I fell this topic was born due to sheer envy over UKF Infantry Section. Well you can have all these changes if you'll make OKW early game as shitty as UKF is.

I think you misunderstand. Vet 5 units are not bad, they are just extremely difficult to get. Once you have them sure, they are strong, stronger than allied vet 3 elite inf. What I meant was that allied infantry was better (and for that matter Wehrmacht Grenadiers), because they scale much better as they don't take ages to level up. Basically they are more economical.

I didn't say as quickly as Vet 3, only quicker than it is now because it takes ages. I have gotten vet 5 obers only once or twice. This is for the reason that, as stated, it takes ages, and also because they are insanely difficult to keep alive. Same thing applies to Falls. As I said earlier, it my Falls have 50 kills and are not vet 5 yet, then something is wrong. Its just ridiculous.

OKW late game infantry isn't really comparably to tommies. They are completely different units. But as it stands, they are not very strong. That is why you see so much leIG spam and volks spam, because OKW elite infantry simply are not anywhere near as effective, and that is why I think the vet change would be a step in the right direction.

1 Oct 2015, 17:15 PM

Oh this is BS. You forget that he okw is supposed to have superior vet scaling because of the fuel and ammo income. But the requirements are so high that its nearly unattainable. So they the okw has their fuel and ammo income for nothing . At the moment, and because of recent buffs to allied vet, allies scale better then the okw. And that explains why they are the weakest faction at the moment. you need around 50 kills !!! to reach vet 5 with obers and fsj. Is that not unreasonable ?

Btw getting vet 3 is difficult for any infantry.
1 Oct 2015, 17:22 PM

I think you misunderstand. Vet 5 units are not bad, they are just extremely difficult to get. Once you have them sure, they are strong, stronger than allied vet 3 elite inf. What I meant was that allied infantry was better (and for that matter Wehrmacht Grenadiers), because they scale much better as they don't take ages to level up. Basically they are more economical.

I didn't say as quickly as Vet 3, only quicker than it is now because it takes ages. I have gotten vet 5 obers only once or twice. This is for the reason that, as stated, it takes ages, and also because they are insanely difficult to keep alive. Same thing applies to Falls. As I said earlier, it my Falls have 50 kills and are not vet 5 yet, then something is wrong. Its just ridiculous.

OKW late game infantry isn't really comparably to tommies. They are completely different units. But as it stands, they are not very strong. That is why you see so much leIG spam and volks spam, because OKW elite infantry simply are not anywhere near as effective, and that is why I think the vet change would be a step in the right direction.

It is supposed to take some time, there is nothing wrong in that and it doesn't take that long.
I can reach Vet 4 or Vet 5 in every OKW game I play. Not on every unit, and again there's nothing wrong in that, but at least few squads will reach Vet 5.

Frankly I really don't see the issue here and high level replays I watch don't seem to have it either. Can someone provide me with a replay illustrating the problem?
1 Oct 2015, 17:26 PM

Realistically without a whole rework of the OKW faction Relic will never get rid of the vet 5 system. They are design with the feel of a late-war German army which is a small, but elite force; hence the 5 levels of vet. This is also the reason their fuel income is 2/3 of everyone else's.

Edit: also the current problem lies in unit preservation; everyone's going to lose squads no matter how good you are, but a very key aspect of the faction is unit preservation when it comes to the elite infantry. If you watch replays of top OKW players, they usually a a good roster of vet 4+ units. On the other hand, in a hectic 4v4 it is very easy to get random wipes from arty and RNG. Basically you can do very well microing a squad the entire game to vet 5 only to get random arty wipes at the end; but the tradeoff for decreasing vet requirements is more people are going to get really OP high vet units earlier if they play their cards right.
1 Oct 2015, 17:28 PM

It is supposed to take some time, there is nothing wrong in that and it doesn't take that long.
I can reach Vet 4 or Vet 5 in every OKW game I play. Not on every unit, and again there's nothing wrong in that, but at least few squads will reach Vet 5.

Frankly I really don't see the issue here and high level replays I watch don't seem to have it either. Can someone provide me with a replay illustrating the problem?
How about YOU provide US with a replay showing your ability to get Fallschirmjagers and Obersoldaten to Vet 5 with less than 50 or 60 kills?

It should be moderately difficult to get to Vet 5, but this is well nigh impossible.
1 Oct 2015, 17:40 PM

Vet 5 Volks is pretty easy sure, if that is what you are talking about. Other units are easier too, but Obers, Falls, Fusiliers and Sturms are really hard. Admittedly I have not watched many high level games recently, so I cannot say. However, I find it hard to believe that you get vet 5 commonplace, and apparently other people do too. Mine are usually vet 3 by the end of a close game, and I play at a fairly high level (around top 200). But perhaps you do not play enough OKW.

However I do agree, that is should be difficult to get you units to a vet level that high, but its true that currently its pretty much impossible to do so at least on a consistent basis.

1 Oct 2015, 18:06 PM

Fussiliers are easy to use.

Just spam em at 2 Cp , give em all combat package with g 43 and recon , and then just a move em with jagtpanzer in their back. They will get their vet for sure , mine get normally vet 20 in 15-20 min. of match.
Also you can even use em properly and not a move , but that rewuire more micro.

On falls and obers i agree that they are weak for their cost (doubel partisans cost 420 and will scare em off)
1 Oct 2015, 20:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sturms: could get a lower vet3-vet5 xp requirements.
Medkit package could be less expensive. But i'll rather it be heal with AoE, slower, cancelling if entering in combat. The idea is to depend less on Medic HQ at the expense of munitions.

Sturm Offizier: give it vet levels. Once it levels up, further reduces the chances of retreating after getting the officer killed. Vet2-3 50/50 chance of retreating/pinned. Vet4-5 50/50 between suppressed/pinned.

Panzerfussilier: no change. They are fine.

Flak Halftrack: +20hp. Did anyone checked it's performance against units in buildings nowadays?

Falls: remove building spawn. Make them paradrop. Reduce call in cost to actual unit cost. Change i might consider > Give them 2 MP40s and retain same DPS as now.

Ober: reduce by 20mp. Remove passive suppression at vet4. Replace with same suppression ability as 1919 Paratroopers.

MG34: leave performance.
1-Swap Kubel with MG34. We had already swapped SturmTiger with PIV so i see no problem in this regard.
2-You could leave the Kubel, have an upgrade which unlocks MG34s (125mp; 10f) and replace call in MG34 with MG42.

1 Oct 2015, 20:15 PM

I agree with most, however Pfusilier G43 is definetly worth 90 munis.
1 Oct 2015, 21:17 PM

How about YOU provide US with a replay showing your ability to get Fallschirmjagers and Obersoldaten to Vet 5 with less than 50 or 60 kills?

It should be moderately difficult to get to Vet 5, but this is well nigh impossible.

Just watch one of many available replay cast from our talented casters. You'll see plenty Vet4 and Vet5 Elite OKW infantry. One of the recent ones featured Vet5 Obers.
1 Oct 2015, 21:27 PM

Just watch one of many available replay cast from our talented casters. You'll see plenty Vet4 and Vet5 Elite OKW infantry. One of the recent ones featured Vet5 Obers.

Volks, fussiler and JLI sure, obers, falls, sturms never. I didnt watch all OCF games but I dont remember anyone building obers. Obers vet slowly, comes late when all counters are already on field. Currently all top 1v1 OKW players are either going JLI or Fussilers.
2 Oct 2015, 07:53 AM

For example Imperial Dane casted OKW against UKF featuring Vet5 Obers recently.
2 Oct 2015, 08:00 AM

Agreed completely. I'd even say the Stuka should go off the list.

JP4 is about the only OKW vehicle I can get to Vet 5 consistently.

I once had a long, long slugfest on Moscow Outskirts against a Brit/American team, with a Jagdtiger that survived for almost 20 minutes and was continually firing at Churchills and Jacksons the whole time.

It only ever made it to vet 3.

I've got multiple Pz4's and JP4's to vet 5. I do find it way harder to get my Stuka Zu Fuss to vet 5. But have done it, probably 25 times :'(. At vet 4 it get's its flame barrage which is superbly nice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★