Login

russian armor

Relic FYI, UKF's emplacements are useless due to ISG's

PAGES (7)down
30 Sep 2015, 08:27 AM

Bofor's and mortar emplacements, were supposed to give UKF different options for different strategies and playstyles, however it is now just waste of resources to invest on them because of how they instantly get wiped by ISGs

It is funny cause everyone supposes UKF to be very strong in indirect fire department but surprisingly UKF has no indirect fire option early game, except the IS's RNG based arty, as mortar pics are just waste of mp

I would suggest Relic to either fix ISGs or simply remove Bofors & mortar pits from game kappa, and maybe give them something like Ost or Soviet's mortar (I much prefer that)

Btw, I'm sure we all know ISG is the most broken, game breaking unit in game now, not only wiping the emplacements but wiping everything in general super quit without any need to micro etc

When I play OKW, I sometimes see in chat my teammates telling me gj/nice etc when it seems to me I did nothing ;) and I then notice my ISGs has been wiping stuff at such a long range without me even noticing/paying attention/with zero micro

Just have 2 ISGs in the game, plus a IR half truck to give ur ISGs better vision and spam some inf and win game super easy

To all those are gonna say Centuar. Jp4 is on the field before Centuar plus with two rocketens and a few shrecks u don't even need jp4 to counter that
30 Sep 2015, 08:32 AM

testify....

the hope being forum posts will hit a critical mass, coercing relic to do something about them, at least, that's my reading of the situation.
30 Sep 2015, 08:45 AM

Current state of emplacements is terrible.

Before brace nerf it was hard to kill, yes, but it was easy to counter.
You did not need to kill it, to counter it.

One ISG/Mortar shooting at it was perfect counter.

Your mortar did not get any kills (shooting at emplacement) but on the other hand you forced emplacement to be on brace mode all the time so no kill for them.
It was simple and very good solution in my opinion.

1 unit shuting down another it perfect way.

Currently it's terrible.
No one will spend 400MP for immobile mortars which die fairly quickly once brace is down.

Bofors? Again, 1 mortar is enough to put it in brace mode.

It's like taking 3 units from Brits (that 17 pounder pop cap) which leaves them without mortars, mid game unit to hold the ground and without famous 17p.

Current early-mid game is dying.

No flamers to clear buildings (WASP will help until 222), no SMGs, no assaut rifles, no mortars, no smoke, no nades, no mid game unit to hold the ground (222, flamenwerfer, Stug E; 251/17, Puma, Luchs; Stuart, AA truck; Quad, T70).

This hole should be filled by Bofors or Armored Car but both are useless in current state, which leads us to desperate rush for Centaur because there is no other way to hold in front of HMGs and LMGs.

What's more, it's not like you can afford 400MP mortar pit :luvDerp:

I'm still amazed how 2 mortars covered by sandbags, which cannot retreat are losing to 2 mortars on the open field, without any special cover :foreveralone:

They should be hard to deal when using tanks or mortars, fairly easy when using late game arty like railway and very easy to infantry as a reward for getting so close.
30 Sep 2015, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 08:27 AMAladdin
I would suggest Relic to either fix ISGs or simply remove Bofors & mortar pits from game

What is it with people obsession for "remove it from the game". You're not gonna use it anyway, so what does it matter if it's there or not? Yet if they actually did remove it, people would be rightfully pissed off.

I don't get why "remove it from the game" comes up so often when dealing with underpowered units, on the community forums there was more support for removing the M-42 from the game than there was for buffing it...

-_-
30 Sep 2015, 08:52 AM
30 Sep 2015, 08:57 AM

I still use them, but in a very defensive position. It's true, if you put them too agressively on a vp or enemy cut off they get destroyed asap. But protecting your own cut off or inflicting MP loss when the enemy advances to your lines is still viable with mortar pits and bofors.
30 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

What is it with people obsession for "remove it from the game". You're not gonna use it anyway, so what does it matter if it's there or not? Yet if they actually did remove it, people would be rightfully pissed off.

I don't get why "remove it from the game" comes up so often when dealing with underpowered units, on the community forums there was more support for removing the M-42 from the game than there was for buffing it...

-_-

i tell thee: childish behavior due to immaturity

"mommy, this doesn't the work the way i want it to! ill throw it in the trash" *throws-a-tantrum*

30 Sep 2015, 09:08 AM

MHT make quick work from it too Kappa. Too quick
30 Sep 2015, 09:10 AM

-_-

Please quote fairly, did u see the "word" right after the sentance u mentioned?!!!
30 Sep 2015, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 09:10 AMAladdin

Please quote fairly, did u see the "word" right after the sentance u mentioned?!!!

reading comprehension 0/10

he wasn't quouting you specifically but rather talking about a common ocurrence
30 Sep 2015, 09:14 AM

I think its lame that the OKW ISG completely pins a squad on a hit, supressing is fine, but pin is a over kill.

I like the boffor, its a nice structure. The building is not the problem, its the ISG. I like the ISG as well though :D

Still, the ISG does need some tweaks.
30 Sep 2015, 09:16 AM

reading comprehension 0/10

he wasn't quouting you specifically but rather talking about a common ocurrence

Your ignorance 10/10

I mentioned "kappa" that was the word I said after my sentence
30 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM

Let's stay on track here. Next OT here will be invised for sure.
30 Sep 2015, 10:05 AM

I still use them, but in a very defensive position. It's true, if you put them too agressively on a vp or enemy cut off they get destroyed asap. But protecting your own cut off or inflicting MP loss when the enemy advances to your lines is still viable with mortar pits and bofors.

Well, what did you expect? That is the true purpose of emplacements in this game, british or not british. But British faction players thought that they can just build a bofors on your cutoff and own the game easily while you as axis have no tools to deal with them in due time, not losing all map. So if they cannot do that anymore, (because it was so easy to build 2 bofors and wait for churchills)they cry over emplacements.
Meanwhile the OKW AA emplacement is crying in a corner, next to it it's a PAK 43 emplacement crying too, because it has no brace and it's so easy to kill.
30 Sep 2015, 10:06 AM

Give UKF a mobile mortar, put emplacement to anvil tech or something.. :foreveralone:
30 Sep 2015, 10:08 AM
Patrion 14

The ISG needs a bit buffing regarding the AT capabilties of this weapon.It can suppress,pin and do good damage to light vehicles but when it comes to heavier armor it is not effective. Pleae Relic buff AT capabilites of ISGs so we will not waste time on microing mgs,mortars, and AT guns.
This sounds perfect one unit to counter everything and with no micro :banana:
30 Sep 2015, 10:08 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Agree!

Btw 1 brit mortar kills 1 ISG. And hey, if the ISG focus your emplacements, your teammates and you can go in and try to kill it.
But sure they are not OP anymore like they were with the Brace all the time and Repair from the one doc.

Its hard for the Brits vs mortar spam. But in 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4 you have teammates, who can support you. Soviets: 120 mm mortar, USF "Feldhaubitze".

AS Brit you need support in the early from your teammates. But in mid- and lategame you support your teammates with your good tanks, AT'S and kommandos and Airdrops.

About Useless untis in coh2: All the time there were untis, which were UP. Su76, Brummbär, Nebelwerfer. It takes time to change them.

30 Sep 2015, 10:12 AM

To be honest, I'd prefer if the mortar emplacement was scrapped altogether and replaced with a mobile mortar unit added to T2. Mobile indirect fire is a must for all factions, and static indirect fire still doesn't cut the mustard.
30 Sep 2015, 11:38 AM

Btw 1 brit mortar kills 1 ISG. And hey, if the ISG focus your emplacements, your teammates and you can go in and try to kill it.

No, it won't kill ISG that's wrong. Because ISG outranges the mortar pit and kills it at ease. If their ranges were similar would have been more fair, but no, ISG kills mortar pit without receiving any damage.
30 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 10:08 AMdevlish
The ISG needs a bit buffing regarding the AT capabilties of this weapon.It can suppress,pin and do good damage to light vehicles but when it comes to heavier armor it is not effective. Pleae Relic buff AT capabilites of ISGs so we will not waste time on microing mgs,mortars, and AT guns.
This sounds perfect one unit to counter everything and with no micro :banana:

It actually does good damage against heavy tanks. just check in it cheat mode. I have noticed that in auto match, and did a quick check in cheat mode to make sure, if u don't feel like checking it here is the replay i did a quick check

http://www.coh2.org/replay/41994/test-replay

no worries, u can even kill heavies with ISG :)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight