Login

russian armor

Refining USF Design

29 Sep 2015, 22:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 21:40 PMnee
EDIT: Here's a random thought on the M20; give it an innate button ability. Would really help the guys trying to shoot down a rushed Puma with bazookas. Would also really give Axis players a second thought into trying to rush their Panzer4 against your AT gun or Jackson. It'll cost munitions and also could be a vet1 ability, so if you're desperate for a good AT support you can try the veteran vehicle switcheroo.

I totally can't see this working out too well.

1. It is an ability that requires a unit to stand still, and that is likely suicidal for a light vehicle to hope to maintain. It is currently already a difficult and unlikely ability to pull off for long on Guards - I'd only imagine starting it would be easier on M20s, but making it last any appreciable time would be nigh impossible in any remotely large battle.
1. A few machine-gunners and riflemen pinning down a tank is already sorta silly, but one machine-gunner on a vehicle would be the height of silliness.
30 Sep 2015, 00:01 AM

I always wanted an upgrade to make the M20 a radio car that could call in free off-map air strikes, functionally like a Panzerwerfer but not firing it's own weapons. The problem with that though is that compared to the Panzerwerfer it costs a lot less fuel, and unit upgrades tend to be munitions rather than fuel.

To work that out you'd have to break one of the 'rules', either having mobile artillery unit that costs mostly munitions to build (as opposed to fuel), or have the upgrade costing fuel (as opposed to munitions). I'd definately go with the latter, there is at least a slight precedent with the Encirclement Doctrine.
30 Sep 2015, 00:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I always wanted an upgrade to make the M20 a radio car that could call in free off-map air strikes, functionally like a Panzerwerfer but not firing it's own weapons. The problem with that though is that compared to the Panzerwerfer it costs a lot less fuel, and unit upgrades tend to be munitions rather than fuel.

Always did think it'd be neat to give it better "scaling" by having act more as a command vehicle like it generally was used for.

BUT LET'S START BY MAKING MAJOR'S NON-FREE ABILITIES GOOD.
30 Sep 2015, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 00:26 AMVuther
Always did think it'd be neat to give it better "scaling" by having act more as a command vehicle like it generally was used for.

BUT LET'S START BY MAKING MAJOR'S NON-FREE ABILITIES GOOD.

Well if the Brits are any indication of balance, they should be free, overpriced, or overpowered :romeoMug:
nee
30 Sep 2015, 03:09 AM

To work that out you'd have to break one of the 'rules', either having mobile artillery unit that costs mostly munitions to build (as opposed to fuel), or have the upgrade costing fuel (as opposed to munitions). I'd definitely go with the latter, there is at least a slight precedent with the Encirclement Doctrine.
This got me thinking that rather than actually calling in an airstrike on it's own, it works like UKF's Coordinated barrage ability (or more accurately like the Ostheer arty officer)- you select the ability, target an area and all nearby mortar HTs, pack howitzers and M8 HMCs will fire at the target area. It could be a global ability, so you can't just get several M20s to stack up, and of course no special effects like WP or smoke. Like the aforementioned abilities, there is greater range limit so your artillery units can fire at targets from a safer distance, the obvious drawback is you need to bring your M20 out there and start spotting for targets to barrage.

Or it drops zeroing flares at a target area and it effectively modifies the scatter of any barraging units into said target area to be much more likely to hit whatever you're trying to shoot at, so dropping the flares onto a OKW truck means every artillery attack on the target will be dead on...including 240mm howitzer barrages. Again, such a powerful force multiplier requires you to risk a weak M20 to run out there first.
30 Sep 2015, 04:49 AM

Personal opinion but I don't like coordinated fire abilities because they require you to actually amass Artillery, and if you are doing that, you're not building Infantry or Tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS