Login

russian armor

USF thoughts?

28 Sep 2015, 05:14 AM

i just want a general vibe performance wise overall on how the USF faction is doing thus far? are they fine where they are or is there still room for improvement? my opinion is you still need to micro them like you're smoking weed whereas axis dont need to micro that much (just click a few buttons and BOOM! no more allied units). does anyone find that a bit unfair? not to mention unrewarding?
28 Sep 2015, 05:34 AM

I still think usf should get something like where shermans could get a 76mm gun or scavenged materials for a little extra protection. Other USF vehicles and units should be able to get something identical. Some thing that improves either damage or defense. It makes them more customizable and brings them into the later stages of a battle at the same time.

The general premise is something akin to the hammer and anvil thing that the brits have. Since the americans had a massive industrial base the USF could maybe have choice between increased artillery or airpower...More direct fire or more indirect and suppresive fire...

The increased ability to personalize your units might also make them more micro intensive but it might encourage more blobs...

28 Sep 2015, 05:43 AM

What US needs: a flame RE, they are the only faction that dont have access to flame weapons with a doctrine.
28 Sep 2015, 06:22 AM

They're pretty fine, they just need their MG fixed and teching slightly reworked so that AT Guns and Mortars are available to them.

What US needs: a flame RE, they are the only faction that dont have access to flame weapons with a doctrine.

Eh, just make "Flamer Riflemen" a separate unit available from HQ. Rifle Company can get Assault Engineers or Veteran Riflemen or something else.
28 Sep 2015, 06:48 AM

I love how people make assumptions how much micro a faction needs without ever playing them in multiplayer.

I think usf in a pretty good spot... A mobile aggressive faction. The upcoming commanders will them make even more versatile
28 Sep 2015, 20:53 PM

USF is in a good spot if you have good micro but is very, very stale because the majority of your army (riflemen) expire past the 15 minute mark.
28 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM

What USF still needs:

1. Some form of non-doctrinal heavy indirect
2. Buildable weapon caches
3. One more early game unit for diversity
4. M20 cost decrease, mine laying speed buff
5. More commanders and buffs for lots of bad commander abilities
28 Sep 2015, 21:07 PM

i am curious as well. i am looking to play more usf
28 Sep 2015, 21:55 PM

i just want a general vibe performance wise overall on how the USF faction is doing thus far? are they fine where they are or is there still room for improvement? my opinion is you still need to micro them like you're smoking weed whereas axis dont need to micro that much (just click a few buttons and BOOM! no more allied units). does anyone find that a bit unfair? not to mention unrewarding?

why and how exactly can you judge on it? you have only been playing this faction exclusively, effectively missing 4/5 of the game and the needed knowledge and experience to judge on proper balance.
28 Sep 2015, 21:58 PM

why and how exactly can you judge on it? you have only been playing this faction exclusively, effectively missing 4/5 of the game and the needed knowledge and experience to judge on proper balance.

lol
28 Sep 2015, 22:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What USF still needs:

1. Some form of non-doctrinal heavy indirect
2. Buildable weapon caches
3. One more early game unit for diversity
4. M20 cost decrease, mine laying speed buff
5. More commanders and buffs for lots of bad commander abilities

TIER 0 MORTAR TIER 0 MORTAR TIER 0 MORTAR TIER 0 MORTAR TIER 0 MORTAR
28 Sep 2015, 23:33 PM

I think USF are in a great spot right now. I've been playing them more than any other faction lately, even in large team games. The riflemen vet buff, the Sherman penetration increase, and making the pack howitzer OP (lol) really help out a lot. I don't even feel a need for the Pershing. People really overstate USF's weaknesses. They are a very strong faction if you know how to play. There is one thing that really grinds my gears about USF, however: over-reliance on infantry company.

Too much useful stuff is locked behind this one commander. Without it, you can't build sandbags, can't build mines, can't even use a weapon rack that's sitting right there in your base, and you can't get any heavy artillery. Can't do all that without infantry company. I use infantry company like 90% of the time. I hate how much is locked behind it. Sandbags and the glorious new mine should be on rear echelon troops by default. I'd like to see Priests get put into the standard arsenal, though I'm not counting on that. The M1919 I could live with being doctrinal, though I hate that there's an inaccessible weapon rack in your base, mocking you for not selecting infantry company.

And here are some smaller grievances:

• They still need something else to build other than riflemen in the early game. I'd be happy with just a standard mortar. It would help a lot against MG spam, which USF have trouble with early. USF still struggle a lot against skilled kubel play.
  • The Major is still a stupid unit that serves no purpose whatsoever besides a retreat point. Just get rid of him and let the ambulance serve as its own retreat point once the tech requirements are met.
  • Riflemen got their vet buffed, but the lieutenant didn't. I find it weird that standard riflemen are now more effective than a more expensive unit that you're limited to one of.
  • Many commander abilities are outright bad. Not that it matters, because infantry company exists.
29 Sep 2015, 00:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 23:33 PMKothre

I think the biggest of any potential USF grievances is the maps where your base's weapon racks are facing the opposite direction of the center of the field. Watching your units take an extra 15 seconds to get their weapons just because is horrendous.
29 Sep 2015, 00:08 AM

micro them like you're smoking weed whereas axis dont need to micro that much (just click a few buttons and BOOM! no more allied units). does anyone find that a bit unfair? not to mention unrewarding?

Why does anyone even respond to posts like this, try playing the other factions for a change, get to the top 100 then tell me how micro is.

USF are in a really good spot, stop crying and enjoy USF actually being in a really good spot for once. If you're still losing, blame yourself not the balance.
29 Sep 2015, 00:12 AM

I hate the price of the Maj. :(
also give the M8 some utility, please.
29 Sep 2015, 00:30 AM
Donator 11

I think USF is in an ok spot balance wise. The biggest improvement they could make is to seldom-used units and commanders to give USF some diversity imo. There is a very narrow number of viable builds/commanders.
29 Sep 2015, 00:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 00:30 AMKeaper!
I think USF is in an ok spot balance wise. The biggest improvement they could make is to seldom-used units and commanders to give USF some diversity imo. There is a very narrow number of viable builds/commanders.
Yea USF doesn't lack potency. There is plenty they are strong at. They just lack versatility and variety. Funny enough, the very things relic advertised them as. So they end up being rather boring to play.
29 Sep 2015, 00:53 AM

I think they're pretty good in 1's & 2's. In 4's, they aren't so good because they can't take a punch. Every other faction has some sort of damage sponge.
29 Sep 2015, 01:21 AM

Yea USF doesn't lack potency. There is plenty they are strong at. They just lack versatility and variety. Funny enough, the very things relic advertised them as. So they end up being rather boring to play.

from the way you describe it sounds very ironic...
29 Sep 2015, 01:31 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 23:33 PMKothre
I think USF are in a great spot right now. I've been playing them more than any other faction lately, even in large team games. The riflemen vet buff, the Sherman penetration increase, and making the pack howitzer OP (lol) really help out a lot. I don't even feel a need for the Pershing. People really overstate USF's weaknesses. They are a very strong faction if you know how to play. There is one thing that really grinds my gears about USF, however: over-reliance on infantry company.

Too much useful stuff is locked behind this one commander. Without it, you can't build sandbags, can't build mines, can't even use a weapon rack that's sitting right there in your base, and you can't get any heavy artillery. Can't do all that without infantry company. I use infantry company like 90% of the time. I hate how much is locked behind it. Sandbags and the glorious new mine should be on rear echelon troops by default. I'd like to see Priests get put into the standard arsenal, though I'm not counting on that. The M1919 I could live with being doctrinal, though I hate that there's an inaccessible weapon rack in your base, mocking you for not selecting infantry company.

• They still need something else to build other than riflemen in the early game. I'd be happy with just a standard mortar. It would help a lot against MG spam, which USF have trouble with early. USF still struggle a lot against skilled kubel play.
    • The Major is still a stupid unit that serves no purpose whatsoever besides a retreat point. Just get rid of him and let the ambulance serve as its own retreat point once the tech requirements are met.

• Riflemen got their vet buffed, but the lieutenant didn't. I find it weird that standard riflemen are now more effective than a more expensive unit that you're limited to one of.
  • Many commander abilities are outright bad. Not that it matters, because infantry company exists.

Make major a good combat complement unit like sturm officer or artillery field officer... obviously don't make it OP. muni based accuracy/defense bonus, recon is already quiet useful and arty that does not fuckin suck. etc etc

this way, if you are using major as retreat point only, you are actually missing out a lot. right now, you still miss out but not too much.

retreat point v. combat supplement utility will create good choices that require thoughtful decisions imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★