russian armor

DevM vs Aimstrong Conspiracy Theory

27 Sep 2015, 23:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Did Quentin create another smurf in Coh2 ? :D
27 Sep 2015, 23:12 PM
28 Sep 2015, 09:28 AM

I write as a member here, not as an Admin

If it goes to the vote, as I hope it may, the results to date tell me we should not not seed again in a big event, in this way. In other words, we take the Cruzz way (not the Conway)... fight through, from start to finish...everybody.

And yes, I did support the idea of seeding...:blush:

If y seeding you mean giving 4 players a free seed / invite to the main round... yeah, that's fairly dumb. If you are talking about not creating the brackets according to a rank-inspired seeding... that would be even worse.

Want i'd like to know is how those 4 were chosen, and why.
28 Sep 2015, 09:40 AM

Permanently Banned
I write as a member here, not as an Admin

If it goes to the vote, as I hope it may, the results to date tell me we should not not seed again in a big event, in this way. In other words, we take the Cruzz way (not the Conway)... fight through, from start to finish...everybody.

And yes, I did support the idea of seeding...:blush:

Agreed.

An honest man goes the extra mile!
28 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

Meanwhile in a parallel universe...

DKDK + PTPT = $$$$$$
28 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM

28 Sep 2015, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 09:28 AMcr4wler

Want i'd like to know is how those 4 were chosen, and why.

There was a thought process behind it, I just can't say on what thread it is. Ami did discuss this in the very beginning of OCF. But, it went like this (paraphrased): the four chosen invites were based on past tournament wins and their current place on the ladder. A value was placed on what SNF they won and their current ranking. Multiple tournament wins and placings had the highest value followed by ladder ranks. Some people did mention they thought Barton should have gotten an invite. He almost did, but was beaten out by someone based on ladder ranks as tournament wins was comparable.
28 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

There was a thought process behind it, I just can't say on what thread it is. Ami did discuss this in the very beginning of OCF. But, it went like this (paraphrased): the four chosen invites were based on past tournament wins and their current place on the ladder. A value was placed on what SNF they won and their current ranking. Multiple tournament wins and placings had the highest value followed by ladder ranks. Some people did mention they thought Barton should have gotten an invite. He almost did, but was beaten out by someone based on ladder ranks as tournament wins was comparable.

This.
28 Sep 2015, 13:16 PM

yeah, already thought it was tournament wins... the problem always is though, no matter what format you use, it's always going to be flawed in some regard... which is why i think that "open quali" is the best format to use, with brackets seeded according to ladder rank (so you don't have the best players facing off in the first rounds).
28 Sep 2015, 13:23 PM

It's obviously a jewish fascist muslim alien plot to destroy all common liberties and coh 2 esports on the planet.

Only Dane can help us now.
28 Sep 2015, 13:37 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I would like to add to this btw that DevM has trashed PaulA in EVERY ladder game they get. On DevM's stream ive seen him get PaulA 5 times in a row lol and ace him.

I was 'shocked' to see DevM lose
28 Sep 2015, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 09:28 AMcr4wler

If y seeding you mean giving 4 players a free seed / invite to the main round... yeah, that's fairly dumb. If you are talking about not creating the brackets according to a rank-inspired seeding... that would be even worse.

this.
28 Sep 2015, 14:00 PM

Everyone fight to the end is a better way as it help to minimize such sad comments.

But remember that people are people and that some are jealous and some are greedy or both :(.

Charlie-Fox is a great success ! Never bother with such comments as they happen all the time.

No big fuss here.
28 Sep 2015, 14:58 PM

At the end of the day I also think OCF is a huge success, I'm hoping to see DevM beat OMGPOP and can't wait to see the finals between Aimstrong and DevM no matter if DevM lost on purpose beforehand or not. Master of UKF vs. God of USF (unfortunately not applicable)
28 Sep 2015, 18:18 PM

OP obviously has no clue how double-elim works.

Even in the winner's bracket they wouldn't play each other until the finals.

/threadDebunked

0/10 bad troll

I'm also not really sure why so many people are bashing Paul. He's generally nice to me (unless he is in fact KimJung). He is a bit toxic/hateful towards some players but it's not like he's leagues behind DevM in terms of skill. I'd like to see anyone who is bashing Paul try to beat him in a Bo3.

Say what you want about his manners. He's a skilled player.
28 Sep 2015, 18:36 PM

They would have met at Winner's Bracket Final (semi finals) already. Of course double elimination would allow another meet up in Grand Finals.

It has nothing to do with trolling. It deserves "objective" speculation.

Paul has literally been pwned by DevM multiple times beforehand. I suppose the community would agree on a skill difference between DevM and Paul (He is really good though) and also on Paul not being one of the friendliest players. Obviously he is being nice to you, perhaps to Ami, Seb and all other important staffs as well.
28 Sep 2015, 19:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 18:18 PMCieZ
OP obviously has no clue how double-elim works.

Even in the winner's bracket they wouldn't play each other until the finals.

/threadDebunked

0/10 bad troll

I'm also not really sure why so many people are bashing Paul. He's generally nice to me (unless he is in fact KimJung). He is a bit toxic/hateful towards some players but it's not like he's leagues behind DevM in terms of skill. I'd like to see anyone who is bashing Paul try to beat him in a Bo3.

Say what you want about his manners. He's a skilled player.

+1

AFAIK, Paul is not KimJung, though the two have close associations.. HOI sauce springs to mind ;)
28 Sep 2015, 20:00 PM

i love paul (sinophile here) and i love aimstrong (looks good, plays well... what else matters?)
am i a bad person?
28 Sep 2015, 21:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Sry Sebbro, I have to do this:

20:24 - Insane Marcus2389: time for predictions, who you think will win?
20:24 - Insane Marcus2389: i think you'll go for aimstrong
20:24 - Seb: yes
20:24 - Insane Marcus2389: you think 2-0 or 2-1?
20:24 - Insane Marcus2389: or it's a bo5?
20:25 - Seb: 3-1
20:26 - Insane Marcus2389: i say 3-2 for devm

Looks like Marco was right!!!!!!! :D WP DevM, WP Aimstrong, great show! :)
Seb
28 Sep 2015, 21:57 PM
Admin Black Badge

1. There is no proof this is real.

2. How about you quote the 2 times I wanted and predicted the two of them in finals.

3. Brit and Centaur not OP enough please buff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 40
Germany 692
unknown 18
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L