Login

russian armor

Royal Engineer as starting unit

4 Jan 2016, 03:04 AM

i think this is been suggest many times as all faction start with engineer and UKF is only exception. i don't think it need tone down. i think the price of Royal engineer should increase to 240 to match rest engineers (their utility is really good in early game as destroy covers) also they should move build cache to royal engineer, i always found IS building it is werid.
4 Jan 2016, 03:07 AM

If the Brits started with a Royal Engineer, their early game would morph into an Axis OKW. The REs could support the Bren while the ISs are churned out. REs are worse than Sturms, but Brens are more combat oriented than kubels, not to mention capable of garrisoning the REs.

This would also allow for Brits to be able to have their REs right in position for a bofors the second that tech is researched/rushed. In team games, having a starting unit able to run out and build, say, a mortar pit, would be ridiculous. Even if it made sense for 1v1s, I don't think it would translate well into team games to be worth such a change. The way I see it, it'd be arbitrary change that would allow Brits to be able to rush emplacements into key positions a little bit sooner/easier.
4 Jan 2016, 03:18 AM

Na. Purely on thr basis that a Inf sec has a better chance in cover vs a Strumpio attack than a Sapper squad.

And that first engage ment at your cutoff/fuel really matters, and gives the oke player something to think about, instead lf freely just charging in and winning.

It also delays encampment rushing, from a Axis standpoint I see this as a huge problem.
4 Jan 2016, 03:19 AM

If the Brits started with a Royal Engineer, their early game would morph into an Axis OKW. The REs could support the Bren while the ISs are churned out. REs are worse than Sturms, but Brens are more combat oriented than kubels, not to mention capable of garrisoning the REs.

This would also allow for Brits to be able to have their REs right in position for a bofors the second that tech is researched/rushed. In team games, having a starting unit able to run out and build, say, a mortar pit, would be ridiculous. Even if it made sense for 1v1s, I don't think it would translate well into team games to be worth such a change. The way I see it, it'd be arbitrary change that would allow Brits to be able to rush emplacements into key positions a little bit sooner/easier.

that is actually a good point, RE in bren is kind strong in early game that bren chase while RE retreat
4 Jan 2016, 03:37 AM

i like it..but i think it will lead to a new thread title "my pio is UP agains Sapper/ my sapper is UP agains pio"

i think,

but overall +1 for the idea
4 Jan 2016, 05:19 AM

FYI, unlike soviet scout car, unit in bren carrier cannot fire.

Bofor require bunches of fuel to build, so by the time fuel require is reached, royal engineer will be in position, no matter they are in first or second building, team game or not.
4 Jan 2016, 08:27 AM

not bad idea. actually i feel good with this idea.
4 Jan 2016, 08:57 AM

I'm saying this for a long time. Increase starting MP for Brits and give them RE instead of IS.

You could plant early mines, wire, repair Bren, like every other faction can.

Maybe give them small damage/rec acc/anything buff and incrase price in T2 from 210 to 240.
4 Jan 2016, 10:56 AM

Just no, I think IS are better for start game and tbh, better throughout the game. Sappers are nothing from far and middle distance. I don't want to start with such a unit. By the way, the UC has autorepair so no problem there.
4 Jan 2016, 10:59 AM

the UC has autorepair so no problem there.

And it never reaches vet1 before you're able to get REs out, due to the damage it took and was unable to recover from.

At one point relic decreased vet requirements for vet1 to allow UC to use repairs, then a ninja came and it feels like it needs more vet then ever to get there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS