Login

russian armor

OKW Incendiary grenade needs to be looked at

PAGES (7)down
24 Sep 2015, 16:25 PM

For its current cost grenade is fine, if they nerf it then they need to lower the cost. I am willing to pay over 30 muni(with muni reduction) for a better than average grenade, but if they are going to bring it down to average grenade levels then it needs to cost less munis.
24 Sep 2015, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 16:16 PMArclyte

LOL I dont even know what to say to this, except that I wish there was an ignore feature on this forum

As Soviets you start with 20 fuel, if you spend 15 on molotovs you only need 5 more for T1 or 15 more for T2. That's like 30-45 seconds of fuel income. If you start with a Kubel as OKW then you need 5 more fuel to get your first truck.

Like have you never done conscript starts before as Soviets? You sure seem to have a lot of games as them to have never tried. The new PPSH is great and with vet they are insanely durable, I highly recommend it.

For its current cost grenade is fine, if they nerf it then they need to lower the cost. I am willing to pay over 30 muni(with muni reduction) for a better than average grenade, but if they are going to bring it down to average grenade levels then it needs to cost less munis.

So in your mind it's find paying 37.5 munitions for a molotov?
24 Sep 2015, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 15:24 PMbert69

I think you're missing his point. It's not the fact that okw now have a good way of clearing buildings without having to go for a commander with infiltration grenades, its the fact that this grenade is causing way too much damage for its cost, even with someone babysitting a unit,it can easily take down 1-2 models and drain ~50% hp if thrown properly. Allies are so cover and position reliant because of HMG42s, lmg42s etc. When you take it all away by giving a disposable 235MP unit with 5 vet levels such a strong tool, it becomes a bit ridiculous to say the least.

It should do damage for 30 ammo and vet 5 these days means shit for volks.
25 Sep 2015, 05:49 AM
25 Sep 2015, 06:16 AM

You axis fanboy, don't you know that all axis has, must be verry verry expensive while not performing according to price?!?! This is blasphemy! :P
25 Sep 2015, 06:36 AM

OKW is becoming the new Soviets oh boy
25 Sep 2015, 06:37 AM

It's max range at Vet 0 is 15 and at Vet 2 is 20.

vet 2 increase the nade range by 25%. 15 x1.25 = 18.75, so at vet2 the throw range of the molly is still inferior to the incendiary nade's 20.
25 Sep 2015, 06:42 AM

I'm gonna echo some previous posts by saying, why are they even on volks in the first place. It fits sturms a whole lot better. Perhaps relic's just trying it out for now and this is still open to change.
25 Sep 2015, 06:59 AM

vet 2 increase the nade range by 25%. 15 x1.25 = 18.75, so at vet2 the throw range of the molly is still inferior to the incendiary nade's 20.

Sigh. Sorry was just thinking 20*1.25=25 and then just short cutted to it just being +5 like a dumb dumb. It's hard keeping track of all this shit when your constantly having to test different things while looking at multiple unit files.

Regardless the current OKW Flame Nade isn't worth 37.5 munitions. Just bring it down to 20 and call it a day. That or mirror it to molotovs completely and put it at 15.
25 Sep 2015, 07:01 AM

In this thread people are pissing on each other because they argue which nade is thrown faster by milliseconds. You guys will argue about everything

My thought on this nade: since relic made it similar to the molotov stats wise it costs need to be decreased. You still have to tech for a molotov so in order to underline this fact the cost of the flame grenade needs to be reduced to 20 while the Soviet molotov remains at 15.
25 Sep 2015, 07:28 AM

OKW Throws nade = i cry ervritime ;/
25 Sep 2015, 08:19 AM

In this thread people are pissing on each other because they argue which nade is thrown faster by milliseconds. You guys will argue about everything

My thought on this nade: since relic made it similar to the molotov stats wise it costs need to be decreased. You still have to tech for a molotov so in order to underline this fact the cost of the flame grenade needs to be reduced to 20 while the Soviet molotov remains at 15.

/Thread
25 Sep 2015, 08:24 AM

+1
25 Sep 2015, 08:31 AM

My primary issue with this is how difficult they can be to dodge sometimes. I have large variation in lag / game performance depending on who I am playing or what time of day it is. Some times I have no issue what so ever, other times I seem to only be able to respond after the event. It seems to me that volk molotov is harder to dodge than sov.

Whats is the min range. Seems to be to little to me. I mean it was changed to help with clearing houses, not to deny cover..
25 Sep 2015, 08:53 AM

+1

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 08:19 AMRMMLz

/Thread

it's not just "milliseconds" of difference.

the molly throwing animation take 1.8 seconds. the volks throwing animation take .25 second.

a 1.55 seconds difference is quite a lot in this game.

Even alex's alternate throw time is 3.6 throw time for the molly and 1.5 for the volks. 2.1 second is a big difference.
25 Sep 2015, 09:15 AM

it's not just "milliseconds" of difference.

the molly throwing animation take 1.8 seconds. the volks throwing animation take .25 second.

a 1.55 seconds difference is quite a lot in this game.

Even alex's alternate throw time is 3.6 throw time for the molly and 1.5 for the volks. 2.1 second is a big difference.

I think that pretty much sums it up. If you want the incendiary nade to cost as much as a molly it needs to perform like one, including arrival time. The grenade would still work perfectly fine for cover denial and as a garrison counter if it had the same throw time as a molly or an additional fuse timer after it arrived. With a longer arrival time it could then be reduced in cost and would, in fact, make for an even better garrison/cover counter than it currently is since more incendiary nades could be thrown.
25 Sep 2015, 09:32 AM

I do think the range is abit big but I like its current state, now OKW players are forced to choose between shreks or grenades and if your opponent is using grenades alot you should rush an anti-infantry vehicle cause he'll have trouble taking it out (unless you drive into a raketen werfer )
25 Sep 2015, 09:36 AM

revert volks nade change and all will be good >_> remeber that the patch nerfed explosive damage type vs units in cover ( green = 50% reduction )
25 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 09:32 AMmedhood
I do think the range is abit big but I like its current state, now OKW players are forced to choose between shreks or grenades and if your opponent is using grenades alot you should rush an anti-infantry vehicle cause he'll have trouble taking it out (unless you drive into a raketen werfer )

You don't have to choose which you use. The only thing is, it comes a bit later
25 Sep 2015, 09:56 AM

You don't have to choose which you use. The only thing is, it comes a bit later

True but Im just saying rushing out a vehicle will most likely push him back as he wont have shreks at that moment if he was spamming incendiary nades and I dont play much 1v1s I just started playing it recently but so far doing that has been effective for me :)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 1
United Kingdom 169
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %