Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
22 Sep 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 12:52 PMBurts

(Air supremacy is just one of the culprits here, there are a few other brit abilities that oneshot OKW trucks)

Like what ? SOV got no arty call in, USF aries call in bring trucks low and only this strike can one shot, correct me if i'm wrong :S

(I don't remenber quite well for il2 precision bombing :/ )
22 Sep 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 13:08 PMKatitof

How good that 100% of trucks retain their full usefulness when placed in base sector, totally risk free!

Yes...of course, that is why Relic made OKW buildings on wheels, to be able to move inside the base perimeter. How didn't I figure it out untill now?!

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 13:08 PMKatitof

You can even use one to protect your cutoff for like 30 minutes, before it'll actually be threaten by 300+ muni strike!

Please tell me which one.
22 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

L2P Smoke and flank
22 Sep 2015, 13:58 PM

Great argument.
If you want your trucks safe and not to be destroyed, keep them in the base.
OKW do not suffer greatly from having to walk to and from the base all the time.

OPness of Air Supremacy is debatable, but there are multiple easier ways to destroy trucks than a very expensive bomb strike that comes out at 12cp

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 07:51 AMKatitof

Sure thing, give trucks brace, popcap of at least 10 per truck and allow them to be burned to the ground during brace by 3 molotovs, just like the emplacements :luvCarrot:

Are you?

You don't need to place them forward ever since WFA alpha economy change, you have clear risk vs reward factor, put them forward and reap benefits, but risk destruction or put them in the base and be safe.

Seriously, three satchels can pop a truck and you people go nuts over 325mun 12cp late game 20 second delay off-map being destructive?

Rofl. So you're saying that because my opponent MIGHT go Commandos doctrine I should not utilize my trucks the way Relic intended them? And please don't put up a BS argument that they can be put in the base because if they were designed not to be deployed in forward positions, Relic would've restricted them to be deploy-able in the base territory. Jesus Christ Katitof, where does the bias end with you?

And please don't say that it costs 325 munitions so the end result is justified. That's equivalent to saying that a player who manages to float 700 munitions should be able to call in a nuke strike for auto win. FailFish
22 Sep 2015, 14:07 PM

Guys this ability is just too strong against buildings. At the late game it's too easy accessable for the brits, since they don't really have shit to spend their ammo on. WTF can be done to this complete shit...

Relic have done it... They made the Brits so OP in team games it's not even fun to play it anymore. From 2v2+ it's just snowballing... The OKW 300 ammo strike of the fortification doctrine is only 5% of the massive power the Brits have...

Use combined arms to capture resource points, this should deny the Brits some resources so they will be weaker.
22 Sep 2015, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 13:58 PMKhan

Rofl. So you're saying that because my opponent MIGHT go Commandos doctrine I should not utilize my trucks the way Relic intended them? And please don't put up a BS argument that they can be put in the base because if they were designed not to be deployed in forward positions, Relic would've restricted them to be deploy-able in the base territory. Jesus Christ Katitof, where does the bias end with you?

No, I'm saying you need to reconsider that possibility and decide if its worth it for you.

You know, the exactly same decision brits have to make before building emplacement or soviets before building ML-20 or B4.

And please don't say that it costs 325 munitions so the end result is justified. That's equivalent to saying that a player who manages to float 700 munitions should be able to call in a nuke strike for auto win. FailFish

I find this part extremely hilarious, because you've just described OKW scavenge doc arty at its prime against USF, one shooting whole USF base :sibHyena:

And brits aren't exactly muni floating army, forgo spending muni and watch yourself base locked.

Additionally to that, I understand that you are in deep support of preventing stuka dive bomb from one shooting ML-20 and B4 as well as from incendiary round one shooting emplacements and forward assemblies for the balance consistency, because there is no reason why one should survive and another not as all of it are expensive investments that put a strain on the players economy.
22 Sep 2015, 14:15 PM

it has highest cost, 325 munitioins, flares are dropped, you got god damn circle on minimap, you also have 15 secs for preparation, so is it really OP? the answer is no :snfBarton:
22 Sep 2015, 14:20 PM

it has highest cost, 325 munitioins, flares are dropped, you got god damn circle on minimap, you also have 15 secs for preparation, so is it really OP? the answer is no :snfBarton:

:romeoPls: that's no problem, but it's all about the trucks mr. :snfBarton:
22 Sep 2015, 14:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

No single arty should kill an OKW truck, period. Bring it down to 25% sure.

One of the perks that OKW has is their truck system, and its a perk that they need with their resource deficit. Being able to wipe an 80 fuel or 40 fuel TECH STRUCTURE off the map instantly is not balanced. This isn't a bunker or a trench or emplacement we're talking about its their tech buildings. Just like the V1 was the most powerful arty in COH1 it couldnt kill a Brit truck in 1 strike either. It's not like OKW can just rebuild the truck instantly, you have to wait several minutes and then invest the fuel and MP again. You can basically cripple them in 1 strike for the rest of the game. So now you're saying take one of the few advantages that OKW has away and make them build all their trucks in their base while Brits and USF can just park in the middle of the map with a tent and a mobile Major/Medic Truck? Sounds super balanced to me!

It's also stupid for an arty to cost 325 Muni... The solution is simple, BALANCE the arty and adjust the cost.
22 Sep 2015, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 14:23 PMBudwise
No single arty should kill an OKW truck, period. Bring it down to 25% sure.

One of the perks that OKW has is their truck system, and its a perk that they need with their resource deficit. Being able to wipe an 80 fuel or 40 fuel TECH STRUCTURE off the map instantly is not balanced. This isn't a bunker or a trench or emplacement we're talking about its their tech buildings. Just like the V1 was the most powerful arty in COH1 it couldnt kill a Brit truck in 1 strike either. It's not like OKW can just rebuild the truck instantly, you have to wait several minutes and then invest the fuel and MP again. You can basically cripple them in 1 strike for the rest of the game. So now you're saying take one of the few advantages that OKW has away and make them build all their trucks in their base while Brits and USF can just park in the middle of the map with a tent and a mobile Major/Medic Truck? Sounds super balanced to me!

It's also stupid for an arty to cost 325 Muni... The solution is simple, BALANCE the arty and adjust the cost.

+1, that's exactly how I think about it
22 Sep 2015, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 21:58 PMNapalm

Its a Bear eat Bear world out there.

PS: This ability is like whoa. Looking forward to the Ost version of it being released sometime.

Was about to say, Wehr will get this with Urban Assault. Bye bye UFK emplacements.
22 Sep 2015, 14:27 PM

Was about to say, Wehr will get this with Urban Assault. Bye bye UFK emplacements.

And then all the bombs miss because the ability is sporadic and leaves big gaps over a large area.

So nope, Air Supremacy does a much better job.
22 Sep 2015, 14:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

And an Emplacement that you can rebuild instantly if you wanted is not equal to a tech building that can't be replaced for several minutes if you can afford it at all.
22 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

And then all the bombs miss because the ability is sporadic and leaves big gaps over a large area.

So nope, Air Supremacy does a much better job.

Good chance they will probably change it to the same level as air supremacy, I doubt it is going to be the same as what was shown in vids from a year ago.
22 Sep 2015, 14:32 PM

Good chance they will probably change it to the same level as air supremacy, I doubt it is going to be the same as what was shown in vids from a year ago.

Except its not a commander thatll ever be released. So that wont happen.
22 Sep 2015, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 14:13 PMKatitof

I find this part extremely hilarious, because you've just described OKW scavenge doc arty at its prime against USF, one shooting whole USF base :sibHyena:

Just run cheat mode and bombed USF base with 99999 muni scavenge doc arty ... it survived :foreveralone: Well most of buildings got destroyed but it didnt got wiped. Then again it was 99999 muni worth scavenge :P (well i dont think there is much diffrence between 700 or 99999 muni one)

+1 Budwise
22 Sep 2015, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 14:38 PMslother

Just run cheat mode and bombed USF base with 99999 muni scavenge doc arty ... it survived :foreveralone: Well most of buildings got destroyed but it didnt got wiped. Then again it was 99999 muni worth scavenge :P (well i dont think there is much diffrence between 700 or 99999 muni one)

+1 Budwise

"at its prime" was in reference to its past performance, before additional shells were hard capped and the arty prevented from base use.
22 Sep 2015, 14:46 PM

so a 325Munitions ability that has a delay and comes at 12cp is wiping your static positions late game NO KIDDING

why should the trucks even survive this???
22 Sep 2015, 14:47 PM

Except its not a commander thatll ever be released. So that wont happen.

Only time will tell.
22 Sep 2015, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 14:42 PMKatitof

"at its prime" was in reference to its past performance, before additional shells were hard capped and the arty prevented from base use.

If Scavenge arty got tone down because it wiped USF base then Air Supremacy will get tonned down aswell. Case closed, We can all go home :)
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS