Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
21 Sep 2015, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 22:05 PMIGOR

lets nerf all units coz they can destroy okw buildings too plz...

Yes plz nerf Allies cap rate! They cap merely as fast as myself and thats destroying my strat of capping points first! plllzzzz nerfffff
21 Sep 2015, 22:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 22:05 PMKatitof

Risk vs reward of forward placement, you can't use it on base sectors.

The risk of forward trucks comes with the ability to defend them. There is no concept of risk vs reward when they get one shot, without knowing the Brit has the ability until it happens
21 Sep 2015, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 22:24 PMDraje

The risk of forward trucks comes with the ability to defend them. There is no concept of risk vs reward when they get one shot, without knowing the Brit has the ability until it happens

Only partly true because of offmaps.

And stuff like ML-20/B4/Priest bombarding them.

Same principle applies to soviet FHQ or brit forward assembly, except these can be hardcountered for 45 muni instead of 300+.

Now everything can be defended, allied on map arty vs stuka dive is best example.
21 Sep 2015, 22:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Rarely seen this used. If someone used it, I just simply soft retreat/ full retreat everything.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it can totally deny you map presence by just spending a large sum of muni. I think it is a bit broken vs OKW, but that is my opinion.

:)
21 Sep 2015, 22:47 PM

The only thing I don't like about it is that it can totally deny you map presence by just spending a large sum of muni. I think it is a bit broken vs OKW, but that is my opinion.

:)

This is pretty much what every single OKW off-map does.
21 Sep 2015, 22:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 22:29 PMKatitof

Only partly true because of offmaps.

And stuff like ML-20/B4/Priest bombarding them.

Same principle applies to soviet FHQ or brit forward assembly, except these can be hardcountered for 45 muni instead of 300+.

Now everything can be defended, allied on map arty vs stuka dive is best example.

Bit of a difference between manpower only doctrinal unit that still covers large portions of map, vs fuel cost + tech bound core-building. And flame in general is toned way too high
21 Sep 2015, 23:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I can't believe people are actually defending the ability to obliterate OKW trucks with this. Now I hate OKW as much as the next guy, but you can't think it is fair to just delete a core teching structure from the game just because you saved up an expensive amount of munitions. I am completely fine with the damage and area this ability can lay waste to as long as it is not a almost guaranteed kill on their tech structures.

This is not some risk/reward argument, there is no counterplay to this. Starting every match against a British player who has commandos equipped (so all of the Brit matches) resigning that you will probably lose your tech buildings unless you put them in the base is not compelling strategic depth. It is not fair to shut down an entire core concept that a faction is designed for just because you saved up a bunch of munitions.

Some of you are making the argument that because Brit emplacements can be killed easier, then this is justified. The difference is that they are not essential tech buildings where you build your units from. It's ridiculous to lock somebody out of building their top tier units from a single off map. These trucks are designed to be difficult to destroy because OKW is so severely crippled if they are. The ease with which this ability allows you to do it is inherently bad for gameplay and requires the damage to the trucks to be toned down.
21 Sep 2015, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 23:09 PMTobis

So I ask again.
Advantages of Schwerer + Med are enormous. Fast healing, short retreat path, you can get faster on the field, misteakes are not that punishing since there is FRP, locking down whole area for long long time with Schwerer.

These are pros, and every pros should be aligned with cons.

So what are cons? I find only 1. Be able to kill them. Longer game lasts, more option to do that.

And second thing, what are others ways for Brits to kill Trucks before late game?

No mortars, no arty shit arty, hardly with AT guns since 2 leigs are current meta.
Only late game heavy push is able to do that but it can be easily countered back.
21 Sep 2015, 23:22 PM

lower cost to 275, but the ability should consistently knock the truck hp to 40%.
21 Sep 2015, 23:23 PM

So I ask again.
Advantages of Schwerer + Med are enormous. Fast healing, short retreat path, you can get faster on the field, misteakes are not that punishing since there is FRP, locking down whole area for long long time with Schwerer.

So what are cons? I find only 1. Be able to kill them. Longer game lasts, more option to do that.

And second thing, what are others ways for Brits to kill Trucks before late game?

No mortars, no arty shit arty, hardly with AT guns since 2 leigs are current meta.
Only late game heavy push is able to do that but it can be easily countered back.

But deleting them with one click? I would agree except for the fact people can drive a vehical in to your base and call it in or call in the Brit railway arty in the fog of war and kill it in one salvo
21 Sep 2015, 23:27 PM

But deleting them with one click? I would agree except for the fact people can drive a vehical in to your base and call it in or call in the Brit railway arty in the fog of war and kill it in one salvo

Why "them" don't place them next to each other. Keep distance.

21 Sep 2015, 23:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So I ask again.

The cons are the whole faction design. These aren't just some units or upgrades, these are core parts of the faction. The cons are the weaknesses of the faction; the lack of core units like snipers, non doctrinal machine guns, long range artillery, caches, reduced income, being completely reliant on the medic truck for healing and reinforcing, etc.

Brits not being able to properly deal with them through indirect fire is a problem with the British faction, not the trucks. Once Relic makes the big changes necessary to deal with how shitty the Brits are right now they will have options. Right now the Brits are relying on a few OP crutch units while have the rest of the faction being pretty lackluster. The rest of the British units need to be brought up to snuff so they don't have to rely on these crutch units, which are terrible from a gameplay perspective.
21 Sep 2015, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 23:27 PMTobis

The cons are the whole faction design. These aren't just some units or upgrades, these are core parts of the faction. The cons are the weaknesses of the faction; the lack of core units like snipers, non doctrinal machine guns, long range artillery, caches, reduced income, being completely reliant on the medic truck for healing and reinforcing, etc.

Brits not being able to properly deal with them through indirect fire is a problem with the British faction, not the trucks. Once Relic makes the big changes necessary to deal with how shitty the Brits are right now they will have options. Right now the Brits are relying on a few OP crutch units while have the rest of the faction being pretty lackluster. The rest of the British units need to be brought up to snuff so they don't have to rely on these crutch units, which are terrible from a gameplay perspective.

Vet 5, cheapest teching, low cost for some upgrades. These are pros for the lower income.
Putting med far away from base leads to huge amount of advantages over enemy.
And those advantages must come with sime disadvantages which is possibility of losing trucks.

I mean, if you lock down sector with schwerer and force enemy to fight for his side while your is peacful and secure, it's fine for you because they can't cap and the game is on my terms.
But if there are some late game, powerful abilities to deny Schwerer, which locked down sector for you, for over 20mins of providing huge advantage, then suddenly it's not OK?
You don't consider cheap trick of locking down sector with schwerer as a bad design, don't you?
21 Sep 2015, 23:40 PM

OKW trucks could prob use a slight HP buff... they should survive this ability by about 10-20% HP, to at least give them a chance.

21 Sep 2015, 23:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Vet 5, cheapest teching, low cost for some upgrades. These are pros for the lower income.
Putting med far away from base leads to huge amount of advantages over enemy.
And those advantages must come with sime disadvantages which is possibility of losing trucks.

I mean, if you lock down sector with schwerer and force enemy to fight for his side while your is peacful and secure, it's fine for you because they can't cap and the game is on my terms.
But if there are some late game, powerful abilities to deny Schwerer, which locked down sector for you, for over 20mins of providing huge advantage, then suddenly it's not OK?

It's not okay because it is such an easy point and click ability that has no counter play. This isn't a game about saving resources to nuke your enemy away, there is no strategic depth to this. I am not arguing that trucks shouldn't be killable ffs, but it is ridiculous to expect such an easy way to cripple your enemy. The trucks are strong and and a huge loss if they get destroyed, there needs to be some actual tactics involved in dealing with them besides saving munis for 12 command points and deleting them.
22 Sep 2015, 00:03 AM

I have mixed feelings on this one. Air supremacy is NUTS. Then again, for that much munitions and with that delay.... it should be. Thus the question... what is it designed for? Anyone can easily move every single unit out of its range, likely even most tanks with an engine crit. If it isn't designed to obliterate static units/buildings then it needs changes.

On the other hand it's complete pudding to have your t3 one click killed regardless of cost. T1 or t2 are cheap enough to easily replace but t3 is a bitch. If you still had access to the units I'd have no problem with it. Locking out a given tier with one click with no ability to prevent it is too much.

Another thing is that old debate of is schwere a unit or a tech bldg? Well it sure kills enemy units but at the same time it is a tech structure. Methinks this really requires a deal of consideration as well.
22 Sep 2015, 00:06 AM

I think the best solution is leaving the overall damage as it is, but (1) adding a few planes (2) making them easier to shoot down and (3) delaying the bombers by 15-20 seconds or so.

Doing this correctly would make this ability a hell of a lot more interesting. It would give OKW/Wher a shootdown opportunity (presumably one shot down would mean the truck survives.) It would spawn a neat little positional battle as the Brits/Allies attempt to zone out the AA, and the OKW/Wher attempt to keep it in place/gain the proper ground.
22 Sep 2015, 00:10 AM

Just give brace to OKW trucks (during which they cant function) if it such a big problem for them. Then buff Brit emplacements health to the level of OKW trucks.

Win/Win
22 Sep 2015, 00:11 AM

Why "them" don't place them next to each other. Keep distance.

Keeping distance doesn't stop your tech structure from wiped of the map instantly no mater where you put it
22 Sep 2015, 00:24 AM

It needs to do a lot less damage to OKW trucks. No ability by itself should one hit kill a tech structure.

Those of you defending this crutch ability are really pathetic. Are you really so bad at this game that you require a one click win button?
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS