Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
21 Sep 2015, 21:13 PM
Donator 22

Put in base.
If you put them out of base, they are expose to enemy's fire.

Over 300 ammo should kill any builing.

What about MHT incendiary barrage killing Brits emplacements?

What about MHT incendiary barrage killing Brits FRP?

and why not give OKW the old 105mm howitzer barrage from the scavenge doctrine back, too kill the complete USF base with 300 munition? :huhsign:

This solution is retarded because OKW trucks supposed to set up outside the base.
Wipe tanks, inf and paks etc., thats "fine". But a full health truck is just stupid. reduce the cost and the damage against trucks as well.
21 Sep 2015, 21:14 PM

I'm sorry, do the OKW trucks suddenly stop repairing and healing if they're in the base sector? No.

You can't just brainlessly put your Flak truck on a fuel point and expect it to defend it for free every match, nor can you put the med-truck right at the frontline and beat the enemy by attrition with your healed up volks.

Sometimes you have to adapt and play differently, and if this means putting your trucks in the base if you see a british player with this commander, so be it.

Soviets and Ostheer can deal with no forward retreat. There is nothing wrong from having to walk from your base.

and vs brits, forward bases aren't "all the advantages OKW has". leIG is really good at shutting down emplacements and pinning squads from long range, not to mention the early game advantage OKW has in the brit matchup.

IL-2 bombstrike shits on OKW trucks too, Air Supremacy just shits over a larger area.

You completely make me laugh... On bigger maps it's the big advantage of being OKW. On smaller maps itś no problem to have them in your base, but on big maps itś the forward retreat point to go for so theyŕe quicker on the field. You can tell me that brits have less forward retreat points than OKW. We're not talking about the LeIG, since I've said multiple times that the scatter should just be a bit higher, same as the pack howie. But to put your bases inside your base area only because of 1 possible doctrine is just a shitty awnser to fix the problem...
21 Sep 2015, 21:19 PM

Please remove it entirely. Air supremacy is not something that belongs in a game, i dont know how the first iteration was even designed. "Lets just make the ultimate ability that destroys absolutely everything in an area" *pause* "TROLOLOLLLLOLOL YES! BATTLE OF BRITAIN 4EVAH!"

Silly design team.
21 Sep 2015, 21:24 PM

Then the OKW 300 ammo arty should do the same it doesn't.

on the other points I already said that it should be nerfed or at least the target tables since it does way too much damage. Read my posts Aussy, since i already mentioned to nerf the flame dmg on emplacements

The barrage from Breakthrough wrecks everything in the area.

Barrage from fortifications is great, much stronger than Air Supremacy but it requires vision.

For example, AS can bring down KT and JT to half health.

Zeroing can kill them both.

Nothing can survive Zeroing if you have vision.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 21:10 PMRMMLz

- Put them in your base, no field reinforcement and healing for OKW :foreveralone:
- Nerf the price maybe? so by this logic a 290 Fuel Jagd should shoot through buildings with 120 range.
-What does MHT has to do anything with this. Brace is broken, fire damage is bullshit, DoT is problematic.

It's risk reward mechanic - you can heal and reinforce on field, while you enemy must return to base which means, you have advantage. And every advantage should have some weaknesses.

Why should it? I don't get it.

MHT has everything to do with it. 325 ammo, late game ability cannot kill builing while MHT incendiary can destroy everything from the begging rof cheap price?

and why not give OKW the old 105mm howitzer barrage from the scavenge doctrine back, too kill the complete USF base with 300 munition? :huhsign:

This solution is retarded because OKW trucks supposed to set up outside the base.
Wipe tanks, inf and paks etc., thats "fine". But a full health truck is just stupid. reduce the cost and the damage against trucks as well.

Base sector :megusta:

AS hardly wipes anything since it takes over 20secs to land.

Zeroing Arty is much stronger when you have vision.
21 Sep 2015, 21:30 PM

Wasn´t there this one USF artillery that was nerfed because of the fact, that it one shotted okw trucks? Yes, it´s expensive, yes it comes at 12 CP... but that´s no justification to oneshot the trucks. One time it killed all 3 of my trucks and they weren´t even that close together. Don´t get me wrong it should heavily damage them, so that any tank should be able to destroy them with ease afterwards, but this is just silly. BTW, I think it´s totally fine against normal units, since , well they can move out of the way
21 Sep 2015, 21:31 PM

Lol no it doesn't. At best, it forces a retreat and gives a good cloud of smoke.

Barrage from fortifications is great, much stronger than Air Supremacy but it requires vision.

And are you using those abilities on OKW trucks?

No one cares how AS affects tanks. The entire problem is trucks.

But no, "lololol zeroing arty opieop that makes AS balanced"

One is a one click forget ability. The other requires constant LOS and isnt going to be used on base structures.

21 Sep 2015, 21:32 PM

It's risk reward mechanic - you can heal and reinforce on field, while you enemy must return to base which means, you have advantage. And every advantage should have some weaknesses.

Why should it? I don't get it.

MHT has everything to do with it. 325 ammo, late game ability cannot kill builing while MHT incendiary can destroy everything from the begging rof cheap price?

Base sector :megusta:

AS hardly wipes anything since it takes over 20secs to land.

Zeroing Arty is much stronger when you have vision.

the not the point, I dont care how expansive the ability is, it should not one shot tech structures period
21 Sep 2015, 21:41 PM

Are people really defending Air supremacy? The logic behind "It's expensive, so it should one shot everything" is flawed on so many levels.

That kind of thinking is literally on the same level as defending the old 425 armor KT. It's expensive so it should be able to face roll everything :snfPeter:
21 Sep 2015, 21:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

kek angry bears disagreeing with eachother
21 Sep 2015, 21:43 PM

There are plenty ways of getting consant vision without reaviling it to the enemy for zeroing, at least in 2v2.

Assault arty is RNG bases. Sometimes it gives just somke, sometimes it kills everything in the area.

So what about other 1-click wipe abilities?

ML-20/B4 - dive bomb / railway
Pak43/LeFH - IL-2
Incendiary - emplacement

If you put med far away, you get huge advantage over your enemy and every advatange must have some weak point.

Im totally fine with for example railway killing emplacement. I mean, it's damn huge shell that should everything around. I'm fine with dive bomb over arty pieces, just like I'm fin with 325 ammo heavy bombing run killing trucks.
21 Sep 2015, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 20:45 PMTobis

What about wiping full health static OKW trucks?

In my experience this rarely happens
21 Sep 2015, 21:47 PM

There are plenty ways of getting consant vision without reaviling it to the enemy for zeroing, at least in 2v2.

Assault arty is RNG bases. Sometimes it gives just somke, sometimes it kills everything in the area.

So what about other 1-click wipe abilities?

ML-20/B4 - dive bomb.
Pak43/LeFH - IL-2
Incendiary - emplacement

If you put med far away, you get huge advantage over your enemy and every advatange must have some weak point.

Are those units non doctrinal tech structures? No? Then wow, I guess maybe comparing them to trucks is dishonest.

You know what though, no matter what we say you'll still find some unrelated excuse. I wonder how often you use air supremacy.
21 Sep 2015, 21:52 PM

Are those units non doctrinal tech structures? No? Then wow, I guess maybe comparing them to trucks is dishonest.

You know what though, no matter what we say you'll still find some unrelated excuse. I wonder how often you use air supremacy.

Since Brits came out, only once on half health Schwerer because it's usless most of the time so I find better ways to use ammo.

They may be tech structures but you use them for battle purpose, you gain advantage over enemy thanks to them, they are part of your line defense, not just tech structures. Therefore they should be treated like any other combat structure which are hard countered by off maps.
21 Sep 2015, 21:58 PM

kek angry bears disagreeing with eachother

Its a Bear eat Bear world out there.

PS: This ability is like whoa. Looking forward to the Ost version of it being released sometime.
21 Sep 2015, 22:00 PM

It takes my bases out 9 out of 10 times... Had games where they threw them every 1 minute on our bases for 5 times in a row...
21 Sep 2015, 22:03 PM

Yeah lets just completely lock out entire strategies centering around truck placement because of one late game ability.

Dumbest solution I've ever heard.

It's like not going sniper start vs Soviet T1, or USF T2 hard countering OKW Mech HQ, or mortar HT completely invalidating emplacements, and so on.

If stuff like that can invalidate most strategies I don't see why one late game ability in an other wise "meh", infantry centric commander can't kill OKW trucks.
21 Sep 2015, 22:05 PM

lets nerf all units coz they can destroy okw buildings too plz...
21 Sep 2015, 22:05 PM

Risk vs reward of forward placement, you can't use it on base sectors.
21 Sep 2015, 22:09 PM

Remind me the cost and timing please. Yes %99 of axis arty abilities are broken and bugged. That doesn't mean we should nerf the allied ones to that level as well.
21 Sep 2015, 22:13 PM
Donator 11

It needs to be toned down, but if that happens something has to be done about the Brits inability to clear out entrenched positions.

Driving a churchill up to it doesn't count. :foreveralone:
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight