Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
21 Sep 2015, 20:21 PM

Guys this ability is just too strong against buildings. At the late game it's too easy accessable for the brits, since they don't really have shit to spend their ammo on. WTF can be done to this complete shit...

Relic have done it... They made the Brits so OP in team games it's not even fun to play it anymore. From 2v2+ it's just snowballing... The OKW 300 ammo strike of the fortification doctrine is only 5% of the massive power the Brits have...
21 Sep 2015, 20:42 PM

How about winning game early against Brits?

While this ability is super strong, its really nice to see that allies have something in late game which is both easy to use and can threaten axis positions. Thus to me this thread is similar to "plx remove jagdtiger and elefant" on allied fanboi side. Asymmetrical balance. One side gets super tanks and other side gets super abilities.

Btw OKW forti artillery needs to be buffed as well as many other artillery abilities such as railroad arty, but thats has nothing to do with air supremacy.

p.s. l2 smoke and flank inbound.
21 Sep 2015, 20:44 PM

I don't see anything wrong with this ability.

15-20secs before bombing run is really long time to move back.
21 Sep 2015, 20:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't see anything wrong with this ability.

15-20secs before bombing run is really long time to move back.

What about wiping full health static OKW trucks?
21 Sep 2015, 20:46 PM

Guys this ability is just too strong against buildings. At the late game it's too easy accessable for the brits, since they don't really have shit to spend their ammo on. WTF can be done to this complete shit...

Demo Charges = 90 Ammo, Nades = 45 Ammo, Wasp = 90 Ammo, Fireflyrocket = 100 Ammo. Now you say that the British Forces dont really have shit to spend their ammo on?? I didnt even mentioned the IS Upgrades for 60 Ammo ea. ...

Relic have done it... They made the Brits so OP in team games it's not even fun to play it anymore. From 2v2+ it's just snowballing... The OKW 300 ammo strike of the fortification doctrine is only 5% of the massive power the Brits have...

You get the red flare warning and you will see alot of planes traveling across the map which can be shot down by the way.
Yes the OKW Offmap is a bit too weak but have you ever tried to hit something that can move with the air supremacy strike?? Its long gone before the first bomb explodes. And if youre playing OKW you can get your buildings destroyed for just only 90 Ammo. No need to spend 300 on it imho.
There are other things that make the Brits the most favourable Faction of all, namely the Centaur, Croc, Commandos and the Firefly. Let Relic fix that first.

edit :
I think it's 250 Ammo but I might be incorrect, dont wanna go ingame to check it right now
21 Sep 2015, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 20:45 PMTobis

Put them in your base.
21 Sep 2015, 20:47 PM

It doesn justify that 1 run can completely wreck your HQ, same shit for the brits fortifications with the flames. First of all a base can run, so it's out, 2nd of all you so if you need the units to counter, that's not possible. Therefor they'll snowball over you... Great, nice gameplay feature...
21 Sep 2015, 20:50 PM

Put them in your base.

Yeah lets just completely lock out entire strategies centering around truck placement because of one late game ability.

Dumbest solution I've ever heard.
21 Sep 2015, 20:52 PM

Put them in your base.

So all the advantages the OKW has has to be put in the base... Good thinking.

On the 2nd thing the Ammo expences is in the early game (except the Wasp) really low, so you'll float so much ammo. (Have had it enough)

With the Churchills + Bombing strike shit, centaur shit Relic just make them look stupid, since they went on the good track with the balance. But it's always overbuff and overnerf (see Ostsniper and Brits sniper) and see the Churchills with their massive healthpools...
21 Sep 2015, 20:56 PM

Yeah lets just completely lock out entire strategies centering around truck placement because of one late game ability.

Dumbest solution I've ever heard.

Sorry, but what's wrong in counter play?
21 Sep 2015, 21:00 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

agreed this is op. it destroys OKW truck 1 shot
21 Sep 2015, 21:02 PM
Donator 11

Maybe they could use target tables so as to not 1-shot trucks, but other than that I think the ability is completely fine. It is a big muni investment and the delay is incredibly long. It really can't reliably hit anything unless your opponent is a timing god and catches multiple retreating squads or retreating engine damage vehicles, and at that point it's just an outplay honestly.

The attack, as I remember does not fully destroy and OKW truck when deployed. Also it comes extremely late, and means that the Brits have a way to deal with hard points. This has two effects, it forces the OKW player to carefully consider turtling and it causes the OKW to consider having to pay to rebuild lost base structures. In keeping with Relic's plan to have OKW have a weaker late game I see this ability as well balanced.

Solution: If you build aggressive early you need to win, you have yourself a huge early game advantage. But be warned, if you fail to win by the late game you will be punished. After that point decide if you want to build in your base. Tech structures are still very cheap for OKW.

If you are struggling against it you need to force more bleed on the Brit player. By using this ability he will be very limited on munitions for almost any other option. Also you need to expect to lose base structures outside of your base, no other faction has this ability and so if you decide to exercise it your units are vulnerable.

I see no problems here.

1 click counters them all = WTF?!?

When you just destroy them it tanks, AT guns and stuff is fairer, you can try to do something against it and itś counterable.

The planes got too much HP to let them being shot down before they drop their goodies...
21 Sep 2015, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 20:45 PMTobis

Put in base.
If you put them out of base, they are expose to enemy's fire.

Over 300 ammo should kill any building.

What about MHT incendiary barrage killing Brits emplacements?

What about MHT incendiary barrage killing Brits FRP?

Dive bomb agasint howies?

Plenty examples of 1 ability to kill stuff.
21 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM

Put in base.

Over 300 ammo should kill any builing.

Then the OKW 300 ammo arty should do the same it doesn't.

on the other points I already said that it should be nerfed or at least the target tables since it does way too much damage. Read my posts Aussy, since i already mentioned to nerf the flame dmg on emplacements
21 Sep 2015, 21:07 PM

So all the advantages the OKW has has to be put in the base...

I'm sorry, do the OKW trucks suddenly stop repairing and healing if they're in the base sector? No.

You can't just brainlessly put your Flak truck on a fuel point and expect it to defend it for free every match, nor can you put the med-truck right at the frontline and beat the enemy by attrition with your healed up volks.

Sometimes you have to adapt and play differently, and if this means putting your trucks in the base if you see a british player with this commander, so be it.

Soviets and Ostheer can deal with no forward retreat. There is nothing wrong from having to walk from your base.

and vs brits, forward bases aren't "all the advantages OKW has". leIG is really good at shutting down emplacements and pinning squads from long range, not to mention the early game advantage OKW has in the brit matchup.

IL-2 bombstrike shits on OKW trucks too, Air Supremacy just shits over a larger area.
21 Sep 2015, 21:08 PM

Wait.

Are you trying to tell me that deciding at the 3 minute mark to not build any of my HQ buildings outside of my base as a reaction to the CHANCE that my opponent goes commando regiment is "counterplay?"

Astounding.

This isn't even something doctrinal like an artillery piece. This is literally the core of OKW.
21 Sep 2015, 21:08 PM

No, emperor is right an ability no matter how expansive it is should not beable to one hit okw trucks, and putting it in your base solves nothing
21 Sep 2015, 21:10 PM

Put in base.

Over 300 ammo should kill any builing.

- Put them in your base, no field reinforcement and healing for OKW :foreveralone:
- Nerf the price maybe? so by this logic a 290 Fuel Jagd should shoot through buildings with 120 range.
-What does MHT has to do anything with this. Brace is broken, fire damage is bullshit, DoT is problematic.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS