Login

russian armor

Can we please give brits some viable artillery?

21 Sep 2015, 08:18 AM

Playing mainly 2v2 and brit's lack of some sort of artillery is a glaring issue at the moment.

2 brits vs 2 OKW, who are somewhat competent and figured shit out, just spam ISG behind entrenched lines and you cant do anything about it.

Please dont tell me how mortar pit is a proper counter and I won't even mention the brit base howies, because for me they are only neat special effects, nothing more. If I play ost and a brit uses the barrage on me I don't even bother moving away, since the strike might only kill a model in one of 10 games, with lots of luck involved.

Wasnt there are land mattress in one of the leaked alpha pictures? Imo it should be added to the default british army, or buff 25 pdr properly. Hell I would even pay to unlock the howies, like the AEC and bofors upgrade but then have a viable arty than this piece of garbage.

/rant off
21 Sep 2015, 08:34 AM

np. give them 25pdr emplacement, remove bombing run and crocodiles. i was close to saying also remove commandos, but a glider was landed on one of my tellers... i liked that feeling :-)
21 Sep 2015, 08:35 AM

Apparently base howis are supposed to fill that role, but given how hard it is to use them(overextend and expose tommies or vet1 sniper) and how effective it is, brit indirect fire options are pretty limited to doctrinal offmaps.

Also, ISG is hardcounter to mortar pit, not the other way around.
21 Sep 2015, 08:45 AM

In theory Royal Artillery Regiment would be a perfect choice to smash LeiG and defense walls. In practice, it fails miserably..
21 Sep 2015, 09:12 AM

In theory Royal Artillery Regiment would be a perfect choice to smash LeiG and defense walls. In practice, it fails miserably..

The 25 pounders "offmap onmap" strike from Artillery Regiment used to be good in the spammable way, it still couldn't hit the sector you aimed it at, but at least it shot full 6 per howi barrage and was cheap enough to make other arty pieces stay on guard, it wasn't counter, but it was a psyholgical pressure on the opponent being under frequent barrage.

Now that its 100 muni and just 4 shots per howi its utter garbage.
And sexton being oversized mortar on threads isn't an answer for anything :foreveralone:
21 Sep 2015, 09:17 AM

I like the fact that nobody is playing brits on the tournament. That will wake up relic.
21 Sep 2015, 09:24 AM

I like the fact that nobody is playing brits on the tournament. That will wake up relic.

Sprice and Cruzzi played the entry noob stomps with them.

But none will risk it on the competitive level, especially without the croc which is pretty much single unit keeping brits in 1v1 if you somehow survive early game. Vickers being banned isn't helping either, emplacements aren't viable, brits can't break defensive line.

Pretty much everything about brit design screams "team game support", they simply can't pull their own weight in 1v1.
21 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 09:12 AMKatitof

The 25 pounders "offmap onmap" strike from Artillery Regiment used to be good in the spammable way, it still couldn't hit the sector you aimed it at, but at least it shot full 6 per howi barrage and was cheap enough to make other arty pieces stay on guard, it wasn't counter, but it was a psyholgical pressure on the opponent being under frequent barrage.

Now that its 100 muni and just 4 shots per howi its utter garbage.
And sexton being oversized mortar on threads isn't an answer for anything :foreveralone:

Yeah its just not viable at 100 muni a pop. And even then it's only "meh" with airburst shells from Anvil. I wouldn't be surprised if Relic nerfed the ability to fire into the FoW because it was "unfair".

I'd be fine with indirect fire spam being a thing against Brits IF a natural counter like Royal Arty was actually viable against it..
21 Sep 2015, 09:28 AM

British artilery not viable. Now I heard them all.
21 Sep 2015, 09:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 09:28 AMJohnnyB
British artilery not viable. Now I heard them all.

Care to elaborate on the success you've had using Royal Artillery for us then?
21 Sep 2015, 09:36 AM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39813/25-pounder-of-the-british-army
Check this thread out.
Also, after asking for a hour about this on the Relics stream Q&A they said post it on the forums. GG WP.
21 Sep 2015, 09:36 AM

Care to elaborate on the success you've had using Royal Artillery for us then?

Nope, but I can tell you about the success brit oponents had agains me using arty. Especialy if I play OKW if you know what I mean.
21 Sep 2015, 09:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 09:36 AMJohnnyB

Nope, but I can tell you about the success brit oponents had agains me using arty. Especialy if I play OKW if you know what I mean.

which type of arty? The only semi-viable indirect fire option brits have atm is the mortar pit and this is easily countered by double ISG now. If you have been actually hammered by 25 pdr arty (default or royal arty, doesnt matter), please show me a replay.
21 Sep 2015, 09:55 AM

Sexton - pudding.
Base howies - pudding.
Mortart pit (2 heavy mortars covered by sandbags in digged down hole losses to 1 Leig standing on open field without any cover :foreveralone: ) - pudding.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 09:36 AMJohnnyB

Show us the replay.
21 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 09:24 AMKatitof

Sprice and Cruzzi played the entry noob stomps with them.

Barton played the Brits all the way up to Round 6, beating some very competent players. I'd be interested in watching the vods, if anyone casted them, for that reason.
21 Sep 2015, 10:07 AM

Barton played the Brits all the way up to Round 6, beating some very competent players. I'd be interested in watching the vods, if anyone casted them, for that reason.

didnt see the games but I cant imagine that arty was even remotely involved into defeating his enemies.

21 Sep 2015, 10:15 AM

Not really, Brits seem like they were intended for team games. All of their weaknesses can be covered up by the Americans, and all the American's weaknesses are covered by the British.
21 Sep 2015, 10:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 10:07 AMFoxbat

didnt see the games but I cant imagine that arty was even remotely involved into defeating his enemies.

Yes, which was why I was replying to the two guys that said nobody used Brits in the tourney past round 1- not the fact that they need mobile indirect fire (which I agree with).
21 Sep 2015, 10:31 AM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39813/25-pounder-of-the-british-army
Check this thread out.
Also, after asking for a hour about this on the Relics stream Q&A they said post it on the forums. GG WP.

Who actually voted for "they're OK" in that thread too? Like seriously? My bet is on Axis-only players..
21 Sep 2015, 10:35 AM

Make the guns free, or increase the call-in range to sight range.

The guns themselves could probably use some help too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★