Login

russian armor

Ladder, In game chat rooms, E-Sports support?

18 Jun 2013, 15:33 PM

Forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseum somewhere else on these forums but I just started posting here...

Where is the E-Sports support for CoH that was integral to the development of the first game? Now I haven't seen the numbers so I don't know... maybe of the thousands of people who logged on to CoH1 over the years only a small percentage played online skirmishes... much less ranked... but the fact is that I bet, over that same amount of time of the game's release (almost 5 years now), most of the casual or campaign players stopped playing whilst the majority of online players kept coming back over and over.

Do we know if a ladder, chat rooms, etc. are going to be added to the game at release?

Once again forgive my ignorance.

18 Jun 2013, 15:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Our current knowledge:

At launch:
No Ladder
No Anticheat
No Chat Lobby
No Spectator Mode

Later:
Ladder
Anticheat
Lobby

Spectator is a maybe
Fox
18 Jun 2013, 15:49 PM

Was wondering this myself. I wonder how long "later" is especially with anti-cheat.
18 Jun 2013, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2013, 15:42 PMBudwise
Our current knowledge:

At launch:
No Ladder
No Anticheat
No Chat Lobby
No Spectator Mode

Later:
Ladder
Anticheat
Lobby

Spectator is a maybe

Wow, this is troubling. The lack of anticheat especially. Ladder seems pretty important too. Hopefully it won't be long after release.
18 Jun 2013, 20:06 PM

Back to the EuroGamer (Oct/2012), spectator was a "later" feature and was expected to be up few months after the release (less than a trimester).
So let's just hope that their later features won't be too late.
21 Jun 2013, 17:00 PM

29 Nov 2013, 16:25 PM
Donator 11

I know this has been said before but I was hopeful that something would get done after a couple of months but now we are 6 months into this game and I just want to say to Relic that this is still on my mind.

I just want to say, that although what COH2.org did was amazing, I still can't believe that for a AAA title at 60$ we still don't have in game ladders, I'm still very disappointed with the missing features in this game.

Not only that but we still have a very old replay system, we can't even rewind. Modders are the ones working on it and adding features like the enemy resources without switching players. Replays can't be viewed after a new patch.

No spectator mode, but asking for this after the basic stuff is not even taking care of is wishful thinking.

Seriously, these are basic features that were in some games 10 years ago...
29 Nov 2013, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2013, 15:42 PMBudwise
Our current knowledge:

At launch:
No Ladder
No Anticheat
No Chat Lobby
No Spectator Mode

Later:
Ladder
Anticheat
Lobby

Spectator is a maybe

I know that you posted this a long time ago, but where did you hear that lobbies were coming?
29 Nov 2013, 23:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Q: anyone knows how other games manage to replay games from older versions ?
30 Nov 2013, 00:43 AM
Coder Red Badge

SC2 does it by saving the attribute files for every patch and loading the correct one based on the version of the replay you're watching. I seem to remember Dota 2 doing something a little bit differently, but I assume the core idea is the same.

This is a trivial feature to add if your game is designed with it in mind. However, CoH2 is based on a 6-year-old engine that wasn't designed with that function in mind, so it's tough to speculate on the work required to implement such a thing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★