Login

russian armor

UKF - The most evolved and enjoyable iteration of COH2 yet

20 Sep 2015, 21:48 PM
Patrion 14

Thread cleaned up, back on topic gents :)
20 Sep 2015, 22:41 PM

yea I also enjoy the faction, until I encounter double OKW in a 2v2 who spam ISG and you have 0 tools to counter it due to no real artillery unit.
20 Sep 2015, 23:58 PM

Give RE a timed white phosphorous grenade and fix the base arty ability so it isn't a pain in the ass to activate and make it viable; currently you can target a bunker or building with it without having any shell hitting the damn target.

They have a lot of good units, but their lack of viable counter vs arty units/ entrenched positions is affecting them a lot.

21 Sep 2015, 00:01 AM

If Brit late game cheese would get fixed I.e crocs, and some small fixes like the never miss Okw and American howies, I think we would have a great game on our hands. Brits are a lot of fun, must do a lot with the small #s you have. Totally opposite of Americans which you can throw units away and get more, and somewhat so with soviets.
21 Sep 2015, 01:23 AM
Donator 11

Give RE a timed white phosphorous grenade and fix the base arty ability so it isn't a pain in the ass to activate and make it viable; currently you can target a bunker or building with it without having any shell hitting the damn target.

They have a lot of good units, but their lack of viable counter vs arty units/ entrenched positions is affecting them a lot.

I agree. I like the idea of the base artillery but right now it is so underwhelming it isn't even worth using...

Even a shell does hit, its damage is so low it is almost irrelevant if trying to clear out really entrenched positions. The scatter is abysmal. It can kind of deny an area for about 30 seconds but that is really it.
21 Sep 2015, 05:29 AM

Clearly the OP has never been on the receiving end of SSS or double ISG build. Every match I play as Brit either I got lucky and got his sniper/ISG => opponent rage quit or get rekted by them => gg after 10mins.
21 Sep 2015, 06:22 AM

Brit has very terrible early. All you can do is hold out until Centaur arrive.

At tier1, Mortar and Sniper wreck havoc in Brit line.

At tier2, fast 222 and pak will bleed Brit MP.

If Bren Carrier is used, then 222 simply out tech quickly. If not, then good luck with sniper harassing your troop all day.
21 Sep 2015, 07:25 AM

Brit has very terrible early. All you can do is hold out until Centaur arrive.

At tier1, Mortar and Sniper wreck havoc in Brit line.

At tier2, fast 222 and pak will bleed Brit MP.

If Bren Carrier is used, then 222 simply out tech quickly. If not, then good luck with sniper harassing your troop all day.

maybe axis should have the same heavy MP bleeds as the brits do they were a "depleted" force in contrast to the Soviets or USF whose manpower was quite "massive and large".
23 Sep 2015, 13:38 PM

Hmm, looks like I have to take back some of the things I've said here. Brits can blob as well, and due to their silly received accuracy you can't destroy them either.

GREAT.
23 Sep 2015, 13:59 PM

Relieve infantry is actually amazing in 1v1. For the small price of 90 ammo you get max 3 squads that can cap the map, hold key structures and form a meatshield for your more hardhitting units. Your map control can go from 50% to 80% easily with this ability simply because you can use the free squads to cap the sides of the map while having your whole force of actual fighting units pushing the enemy from the front. I rank it at least in the top 5 of good Ostheer doctrine abilities.

Sorry I've never used this ability. ... could you describe how it works exactly?
23 Sep 2015, 13:59 PM

"Enjoyable for both aggressive/ defensive players : Wanna cause stress and confusion upon " Nope ... emplacements absolutely useless against a player with half a brain because of the brace long cooldown and ridiculous rate of fire/ accuracy / range of the leig and insane flame mortart HT or incendiary bombing damage against UKF buildings .... Brits needed alot of nerfs i agree... but as always relic "balanced" things with the grace of an elephant walking into glassware
23 Sep 2015, 23:29 PM

Yeah, this thread is dumb.

They're fun to play but emplacements are bad design in a game that revolves around mobility and flexibility.

Also can't forget that Brits are only challenging to play because they suck. Not because they were designed to require skill.
24 Sep 2015, 02:18 AM

Brits are in an odd spot.

If Axis players couldn't use LeiG, Sniper, 222, and Luchs, Brits would have a field day and stomp. The rigidity of the Brits though means that they absolutely struggle to survive the aforementioned units, let alone counter them.
24 Sep 2015, 02:48 AM

Sorry for the offtopic but : Do you really have to argue with everybody in every single thread? Jezus man give us a break...

Back on topic!
From what i can see it's because people keepo bringing up his playercard or other (sometimes even unrelated) stuff every single time or because katitof is in the thread.

On topic : I'm waiting till they are past their "launch" problems in terms of bugs and balance for their newest faction.

But i agree that UKF brings in a surprisingly amount of fresh air by really having multiple choices on how to respond, unit and commander alike.

The only thing i'm questioning a bit atm is OKW Vet 5 system, if you compare how much UKF and new rifle men/conscripts get for example in 3 vet.
24 Sep 2015, 04:37 AM

Uhm in 1v1, there ain't that much choice to go: rush centaur or bleed MP to death with sniper/LeIG harrassing.
24 Sep 2015, 04:55 AM
Patrion 14

there is a lot more to usf that makes me like it the most among the 5 factions, but im not in the mood to either elaborate or discuss it :guyokay:

US of America best America.

usf is my favourite faction or very versatile and mobile force.

But UKF is very very nice. Decisions to make, high risk high reward, interesting commanders. on paper, i should like UKF more but i can't help but to gravitate back to USF...
JWR
24 Sep 2015, 08:53 AM

I don't really understand the faction design behind British Forces.

Infantry section is beast behind cover. But now Volks got incendiaries and Axis have all sorts of things including rifle grenade (which is a superhard counter to IS) what's the point? it's only good if you're shooting at something that doesn't have a grenade, or is suppressed. so it's ok against pios. great.

you could suppress with vickers but vickers (when not broken) has a super long burst time and suppresses on second burst only. it's not difficult to flank.

the base artillery is a neat idea but you have to use royal artillery commander to call it down without being literally on top of the enemy and even when you get airburst, it doesn't fire airbursts every time (is this a bug?) as others have noted it's utterly useless against anything except a really big building. it can force MG42 out of a church. it can't even counter mg pits.

it's the only artillery you get except sexton (LOL) and mortar pit. so ok good idea. give Brits emplacements for some core units like heavy anti tank and anti infantry and indirect. then make their units strong in cover so they are a 'defensive faction'. Except it only works in a vacuum.

I don't understand. Relic don't play the game? did they not think about the other factions?

- IS can shoot good in cover but if enemy is competent they get grenades. or even suppressing ISG etc.

- if emplacements are too strong they are OP, axis don't have good units to counter them. if they're too weak they're both a waste of resources but what's more their presence means Brits don't get any good indirect. mortar pit with early brace/standfast was op, but now brace nerfed and incendiaries buffed its weak so brits now dont have indirect fire.

- there are no assault weapons at all except cdos. so when enemy is spamming grenades and incendiaries at you what can you do. the LMG is strong but it can't shoot on the move.

- bren gun carrier. cool vehicle. you can't shoot out of it for some bizarre reason. against OKW it is strong. but against wehr it dies because of faust. so you give brits one unit that's super good against OKW but pointless against wehr especially because the fuel means they get 222 first. why not make a unit that is acceptable against both factions rather than strong vs one and useless vs other. its pathfinding is also horrible but i guess that isn't game design. it does have some use later on as a command vehicle though. and WASP used to be nice.

don't get me wrong the faction is fun to play and all, and it has some nice things. the mines are good. the tanks are great. the AT gun even I think is nice. commandos duh. but the basic core units are so broken in that they're either really fucking powerful or really fucking weak. I don't understand this type of balance and wish we could go back to COH1 where it was less prevalent.

edit: btw brits do have some useless commander abilities. the tactical support commander is probably the most pointless one.
24 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 13:59 PMNosliw

Sorry I've never used this ability. ... could you describe how it works exactly?

For the cost of 90 ammo you will get a osttruppen squad per 4/6 kills that were made. The maximum squads you will get are 3. He used me against a 1v1 training session and I've to tell you that the capping power he got from it was just insane. And those units are really good in cover ;)
24 Sep 2015, 09:06 AM

Haha USF is better than UKF and that says something...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★