Login

russian armor

UKF - The most evolved and enjoyable iteration of COH2 yet

24 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 08:53 AMJWR
I don't really understand the faction design behind British Forces.

Infantry section is beast behind cover. But now Volks got incendiaries and Axis have all sorts of things including rifle grenade (which is a superhard counter to IS) what's the point? it's only good if you're shooting at something that doesn't have a grenade, or is suppressed. so it's ok against pios. great.

I have to disagree with you on this point, yes all those counters are indeed viable, but I completely get wrecked when I use my volks/grens in cover, since they fire soo goddamn fast. Next to it if you want to get close (when you were in cover) you will atleast lose 2 models.

you could suppress with vickers but vickers (when not broken) has a super long burst time and suppresses on second burst only. it's not difficult to flank.

I have to agree on this point, BUT I've seen many vickers also suppress the unit on the last 0,5 second. Mostly of the time this isn't enough to fully counter the troop like all other MG's do.

the base artillery is a neat idea but you have to use royal artillery commander to call it down without being literally on top of the enemy and even when you get airburst, it doesn't fire airbursts every time (is this a bug?) as others have noted it's utterly useless against anything except a really big building. it can force MG42 out of a church. it can't even counter mg pits.

it's the only artillery you get except sexton (LOL) and mortar pit. so ok good idea. give Brits emplacements for some core units like heavy anti tank and anti infantry and indirect. then make their units strong in cover so they are a 'defensive faction'. Except it only works in a vacuum.

Mostly of the time I do the following. Run through their Fog of War (FoW) and try to stay behind shot/vision blockers. I throw the grenade there and mostly they don't mention it. Yes they see the red smoke and move their units out. That way you don't lose (that many) models and keep your mp healty.

I don't understand. Relic don't play the game? did they not think about the other factions?

- IS can shoot good in cover but if enemy is competent they get grenades. or even suppressing ISG etc.

- if emplacements are too strong they are OP, axis don't have good units to counter them. if they're too weak they're both a waste of resources but what's more their presence means Brits don't get any good indirect. mortar pit with early brace/standfast was op, but now brace nerfed and incendiaries buffed its weak so brits now dont have indirect fire.

Enough counters to the emplacements

- there are no assault weapons at all except cdos. so when enemy is spamming grenades and incendiaries at you what can you do. the LMG is strong but it can't shoot on the move.

Keep the LMG to just not shootable on the move, don't want any more commando's, para and ober shit. Use in cover should be better

- bren gun carrier. cool vehicle. you can't shoot out of it for some bizarre reason. against OKW it is strong. but against wehr it dies because of faust. so you give brits one unit that's super good against OKW but pointless against wehr especially because the fuel means they get 222 first. why not make a unit that is acceptable against both factions rather than strong vs one and useless vs other. its pathfinding is also horrible but i guess that isn't game design. it does have some use later on as a command vehicle though. and WASP used to be nice.

Wasp is now too weak, perhaps buff it a tiny bit, more dmg on the hit

don't get me wrong the faction is fun to play and all, and it has some nice things. the mines are good. the tanks are great. the AT gun even I think is nice. commandos duh. but the basic core units are so broken in that they're either really fucking powerful or really fucking weak. I don't understand this type of balance and wish we could go back to COH1 where it was less prevalent.

edit: btw brits do have some useless commander abilities. the tactical support commander is probably the most pointless one.

Yep
JWR
24 Sep 2015, 13:09 PM

yea look. it is difficult to discuss balance without context. IS do wreck everything in a straight up fight across cover at distance. I don't disagree with your points, neither was I suggesting that bren should be fireable on the move, definitely not.

what strikes me as strange is how a lot of the keystones of the faction are supposed to force the player to play in a particular way when in reality the game doesn't really work like that. you can't turtle and build a simcity, either it will be op or it will be up, it's one or the other. infantry sections can't attack, they don't have the equipment (the grenade takes a LONG time to throw, or is it just me) and they get obvious buff in cover. but in the game you need to attack... if you stay still you will only get fucked by indirect fire, if youre in cover your units usually bunch and are vulnerable that way, etc etc etc.

24 Sep 2015, 13:41 PM

Just let the ISG do the job with wrecking Sim Cities Kappa.
24 Sep 2015, 14:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Getting a Panther in 1v1 as Ostheer so viable:foreveralone:
24 Sep 2015, 16:06 PM

Getting a Panther in 1v1 as Ostheer so viable:foreveralone:

Agains brits if you use early sniper then go 222 and then outcap him with mobile defnce , Yes it can work. You get TWP puma , great Ai tank and hen Churchill OPdile tart roling in you have your expendable fausters , TWP cars and panthers.
24 Sep 2015, 16:13 PM

Permanently Banned

Agains brits if you use early sniper then go 222 and then outcap him with mobile defnce , Yes it can work. You get TWP puma , great Ai tank and hen Churchill OPdile tart roling in you have your expendable fausters , TWP cars and panthers.

Puma great AI tank or Panther great AI tank?

I don't get it :(
24 Sep 2015, 16:29 PM

Command panzer4 is great Ai tank
28 Sep 2015, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 13:59 PMNosliw

Sorry I've never used this ability. ... could you describe how it works exactly?

You activate the ability and a timer will start to count down. For every 4 models you lose during the countdown, you will get 1 free ostruppen squad, for a max of 3. If you activate the ability before doing a big push, you will easily end up with 3 extra squads. This allows you to greatly expand your mapcontrol without needing to invest MP into extra squads, so you can use that manpower to tech and make armor. Normally, if you want to expand your map control in the mid/lategame, you will start to float fuel because you just don't have the MP for both teching and expanding your infantry force; with relief infantry and rapid conscription, you can.
30 Sep 2015, 21:07 PM

I think UKF has a hard time playing a "defensive" strategey due LEIG gun and VG's fire grenades. I use Volks Grens all the time and just walk up to an emplacement and burn the crew and retreat.
1 Oct 2015, 05:10 AM

It's a shame that all the effort you put into UKF, you'll just end up getting support gun spammed by an OKW player. After playing this game I do not believe there is a god. He wouldn't allow such debauchery to take place.
1 Oct 2015, 11:20 AM

I really like the Hammer/Anvil mechanic but a lot of work needs o be done on the faction to be honest.
I very rarely bother with the Universal Carrier. Why sink a bucket load of munitions into something that is almost immediately going to be one-shotted by a faust?
2 Oct 2015, 12:29 PM

So far I'm really enjoying to play against or as this faction. Gonna list my reasons:

• No more blobbing: Spamming any kind of unit is counterproductive and extremely punishable. You have to use all of the units and abilities to play effectively otherwise you will be punished by MP bleed, loss of map control or getting overrun by panzas etc
  • High risk, High reward: You have to think about the efficiency of the unit you are building now or the strategy you are going to use. All small mistakes are costly.
  • Enjoyable for both aggressive/defensive players: Wanna cause stress and confusion upon your opponent? Rush an AEC and eventually the cenat-AA-AI and run around the map amok. Want to
  • Abilities which are actually useful: No more relief ostruppen or garbage like that. Most of the abilities provide you with much needed support, helping you to hold a line or make a massive push

• A breath of fresh air, a new challenge to face for axis players: Tired of building a single panther and smashing USF toys? Tired of only needing pshrecks and puppchens to rekt al type of tonks? Well there is a new formidable foe. From now on you are going to have to micro that panther and preserve your vehicles.

Great opst. It's true, blobbing is punishable, even if it's REngies. Their emplacements are al risks and no rewards though. So you have to always play agressesively.
10 Oct 2015, 17:57 PM

Hmm, looks like the OP was wrong. Wtith the IS becoming cheaper than grens to reinforce and at 5 men, blobbing is going to be a perfectly viable and lethal strat.
10 Oct 2015, 19:00 PM
Donator 22

So far I'm really enjoying to play against or as this faction. Gonna list my reasons:

• No more blobbing: Spamming any kind of unit is counterproductive and extremely punishable. You have to use all of the units and abilities to play effectively otherwise you will be punished by MP bleed, loss of map control or getting overrun by panzas etc
  • High risk, High reward: You have to think about the efficiency of the unit you are building now or the strategy you are going to use. All small mistakes are costly.
  • Enjoyable for both aggressive/defensive players: Wanna cause stress and confusion upon your opponent? Rush an AEC and eventually the cenat-AA-AI and run around the map amok. Want to
  • Abilities which are actually useful: No more relief ostruppen or garbage like that. Most of the abilities provide you with much needed support, helping you to hold a line or make a massive push

• A breath of fresh air, a new challenge to face for axis players: Tired of building a single panther and smashing USF toys? Tired of only needing pshrecks and puppchens to rekt al type of tonks? Well there is a new formidable foe. From now on you are going to have to micro that panther and preserve your vehicles.

• No more blobbing: You will loose versus enemy blob.

• High risk, High reward: Think of the efficiency of your unit, Be annihilated by enemy sniper and Le-IG (that don't need micro or macro.

Enjoyable for both aggressive/defensive players : Emplacements are useless versus any viable axis strat and AEC is pretty worthless compared to a 6pdr and centaur rush. You aggressive phase consist of praying you will eventually have that very late tank and not being crush before thoses 20 minutes.

• Abilities which are actually useful: They're all being nerf week after week until you will just dream to have a osttruppen call-in.

A breath of fresh air, a new challenge to face for axis players: Challenging ? Hahahahaha. The only challenge for a Axis player is to face the mate of the UKF on 2v2 (if they're not both UKF). You don't need panther, you need med-truck + volks/fusilliers + JP4. Preserve your vehicule ? I didn't saw any UKF vehicule being a serious problem to a OKW player.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★