Login

russian armor

Dear Relic, please add projectile for all 17pdr/77mm guns

19 Sep 2015, 10:23 AM

As the title said, maybe irrelevant for most of the players, but for competitive play(which Axis armor pop out smoke all day every day) attacking ground became very crucial to kill those uber-tech-wunder-panzers....

The thing I've noticed these situation for so many times, the tracer is just passing through the Axis tank and ended up doing nothing......that's why I think Relic should give 17pdr/77mm guns a projectile.
19 Sep 2015, 10:28 AM

For countering smoke, of course. But wouldn't it kinda nerf the gun? You know projectiles hitting hills and fences and stuff (Something which happens for "normal" ballistic weapons).
19 Sep 2015, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 10:28 AMRMMLz
For countering smoke, of course. But wouldn't it kinda nerf the gun? You know projectiles hitting hills and fences and stuff (Something which happens for "normal" ballistic weapons).

not sure about fence, but definitely will hit hill, so I don't think its a nerf
19 Sep 2015, 10:46 AM

The 17 Pounders "High Velocity" guns are actually just fancy tracers, basically the same entity you see from rifle fire. Looks cool as heck but unfortunately also means they can not hit anything except ground. If it rolls a miss, it's a miss nomatter where you see the tracer go, unlike with actual shells.
19 Sep 2015, 10:57 AM

The 17 Pounders "High Velocity" guns are actually just fancy tracers, basically the same entity you see from rifle fire. Looks cool as heck but unfortunately also means they can not hit anything except ground. If it rolls a miss, it's a miss nomatter where you see the tracer go, unlike with actual shells.

maybe that is a good thing. I think you can still kill smoked tanks by hit ground? I have seen some funny Esports videos with paks killing random stuff in the base(Panzerwerfer, Ambulance....), because they have shells
aaa
19 Sep 2015, 11:14 AM

it means buff the attack ground accuracy. +1 to that
19 Sep 2015, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 10:57 AMSlate

maybe that is a good thing. I think you can still kill smoked tanks by hit ground? I have seen some funny Esports videos with paks killing random stuff in the base(Panzerwerfer, Ambulance....), because they have shells

Sounds funny as hell. Could you show the link here, pls?
19 Sep 2015, 14:39 PM

19 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM

You can't do it with 17 pounders and comet, because unloke paks, they don't have projectiles.
This is why they have higher accuracy then other guns, you can't roll hits via scatter miss.
19 Sep 2015, 14:51 PM

Brits is most miserable faction of all.

Their basic infantry punished for flanking attempts.

It almost impossible to kill retreating squads with basic infantry.

Tanks cant attack ground.

19 Sep 2015, 19:01 PM

20 Sep 2015, 11:01 AM

Nah it misses everything, including enemy tanks. If it rolls a miss, it will never hit anything except the ground. That's why there's so many reports of 17 Pounders phasing through enemy tanks, because there's no physical shell or hitbox, just calculations.

Relic could in theory fix this by adding a second gun with a projectile, making it trigger via ability, and placing this ability where "Attack Ground" goes with Attack Ground's icon. Code-wise it's not the same thing, but functionally there would be no difference. The "ability" gun wouldn't have the cool effects, but I think we can live with that.

The real problem would be trying to figure out how to prevent abuse by spamming between auto-fire and ability, because the game considers that switching weapons, which automatically reloads them.
20 Sep 2015, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 14:51 PMJadame!
Brits is most miserable faction of all.

Their basic infantry punished for flanking attempts.

It almost impossible to kill retreating squads with basic infantry.

Tanks cant attack ground.

I do disagree. Sure they need to stay stationary but using proper placement and correct approach you can cut your opponent off and punish his mistakes. IS with double brens are heavy hitters and can obliterate any infantry they're facing, including Obers with lmg34, also I believe IS brens get buff from cover as well as dps increase at Vet3.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★